Snoop Dogg calls for a BOYCOTT of "Roots"

Started by Ashley Bank$, May 31, 2016, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

he has a point but this is the same guy who thinks Game of Thrones is a true story, and has a made a career rapping about the same redundant bitches/money/weed formula for over twenty years.

take your own advice, snoop  :dead:

leftout

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvdcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccc

ding, ding
and we have a read!

Rxxf

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 10:27:32 PM
Kids are still perched in middle/high school reading about some little Jewish girl hiding in an attic, what about the slave diaries that have been published? Let them take a step into the shoes of a slave who was locked in a basement and writing about how much they miss their children. Or how their husband was just sold off. Or the desperation and hopelessness that came with emancipation; being free and not knowing where to go. Not knowing where your family is. No way to contact them. There was no Facebook, or IM, or phones, or AncestryDNA to help.

Fuck that little girl.

Ok, is this Anne Frank.
And you're saying there should be a diary of a slave as well, right?

Forgive me if I'm not catching the point.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 10:37:55 PM
And he needs to put his money where his mouth is. He has the funds to actually do something.
So if he doesn't plan on making a move it's safe to assume that he's probably just another celeb that felt like getting on a soapbox and starting a social movement, and hearing himself type @ the moment.

"Let's rise up! Let's go!"
As he has some blunt perched in his hand getting high. Snoop Mutt, MOVE.

Well this, I can agree with.
:dead:
BRANDY

1stsecuritybank

he need to boycott coke and put on some weight sick of him. Nothing wrong with remakes younger generation out of touch thats including myself. Everyone born after 1990 could benefit from da remake.

leftout

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 10:39:12 PM
Quote from: ? on May 31, 2016, 10:36:58 PM
Kids are still perched in middle/high school reading about some little Jewish girl hiding in an attic, what about the slave diaries that have been published? Let them take a step into the shoes of a slave who was locked in a basement and writing about how much they miss their children. Or how their husband was just sold off. Or the desperation and hopelessness that came with emancipation; being free and not knowing where to go. Not knowing where your family is. No way to contact them. There was no Facebook, or IM, or phones, or AncestryDNA to help.

Fuck that little girl.

Ok, is this Anne Frank.

Right. Its not about saying "we had it worse!!"

But we're forced to spend so much time and energy reading the diary of some little girl that wasn't even from this country but yet the diaries of slaves are not introduced into the classroom. They would be JUST as educational and relevant. If not more.
omffff
I wonder how we could get access to them
Probably somewhere in ATL in Porsha's care?

Rxxf

Fuck that little girl.

Ok, is this Anne Frank.

But we're forced to spend so much time and energy reading the diary of some little girl that wasn't even from this country but yet the diaries of slaves are not introduced into the classroom. They would be JUST as educational and relevant. If not more.

Well, if we want to be technical...
Anne Frank was a true story, right? Supposedly?

Unless someone is hiding the diary of a slave, if a slave was even allowed to write/read and possess papers to store away... a slave diary would have to be fictitious, no? Maybe there are no slave diaries to print. In all fairness.

A diary of a black person living in a world of discrimination is most likely to be found... But guess what, that could be a diary written in 2016...

But bottom line, it's important to have the history told.
But NOT TO THE POINT where it drowns all the other AA lives that are completely different than that of a slave. You know what I mean?

I, for one, am tired of black films only getting nominated if you are doing a BIO-movie or a slave-precious type movie.
BRANDY

b7

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 05:35:55 PM
I get where he's coming from but a lot of "today" is based on mess that went down during the era of slavery. :dead: He talks as if remnants of its foundation have completely disappeared from society or something.
Right. I'm kinda tired of the shit as well, because we're lacking balance on television, but I certainly won't be calling for a boycott of any kind.

If it were disrespectful or there was any kind of misrepresentation of us, then I'd obviously fume out.

Rxxf

Quote from: 1stsecuritybank on May 31, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
he need to boycott coke and put on some weight sick of him. Nothing wrong with remakes younger generation out of touch thats including myself. Everyone born after 1990 could benefit from da remake.

I totally agree.
But it can't be all that young AA see.
There's more to life than that.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Oh yeah, wait, I'm not agreeing with SNOOP and that "boycott" mess.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Dumas. on May 31, 2016, 10:47:34 PM
Quote from: ? on May 31, 2016, 10:43:21 PM

Fuck that little girl.

Ok, is this Anne Frank.

Well, if we want to be technical...
Anne Frank was a true story, right? Supposedly?

Unless someone is hiding the diary of a slave, if a slave was even allowed to write/read and possess papers to store away... a slave diary would have to be fictitious, no?
See, this is WHY we need this.

I made a topic about this months ago, which flopped.
Slave diaries are real, and they are plentiful.

http://brandy.4fans.net/index.php?topic=7664.msg209071#msg209071

So There's your "new story" . Something new to someone is something that they had never known to exist.

Thank you for giving me this NEW STORY. I appreciate that. You learn something new every day. I'll look into that.

But I have to say... I'm not THRILLED to read/watch another AA Slave Saga... I think that's just MY point. No matter how you twist and turn it... it's still AA SLAVES. When I'm hungry for new AA characters of TODAY. With all due respect.
BRANDY

Rxxf

I agree with that.

And to be FAIR... I posed it as a question. Not a fact. Regarding the slave diary. So I'm all for learning. And I NEVER said there wasn't a NEED for the history to be told. I'm saying there needs to be fucking balance.
BRANDY

1stsecuritybank

wow Snoop dogg got dragged in here n stuff

Rxxf

May 31, 2016, 11:07:42 PM #58 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:10:26 PM by ?
And no offense to anyone...
But most of these slave movies are useless WITHOUT a REAL discussion before and afterwards within the family/friends setting.

I've seen many AA people make fun of the ROOTS movie. And the main character's name. What are they really learning?

Afro, you are intelligent. Many years under your belt. You have more in depth insight. You are connected/you are DRAWN to this.
Not every young AA cares to or will.
So there needs to be some sort of medium that allows people to DISCUSS these films. And soak in the nutrients for growth and better insight.
BRANDY

Rxxf

May 31, 2016, 11:21:40 PM #59 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:22:02 PM by ?
These films should be treated like the bible.
A "Preacher" to help interpret the word/the film.
Cause more is needed than just the creation of these films/stories to REALLY make a difference.
It STARTS AT HOME to be honest.
BRANDY