[May]Do you agree?[/May]

Started by yummy, October 23, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

FlowerBomb

I see her point, but I don't agree

Mariah4ever

yummy

I mean, niggas are going to the barber every week, cutting off the circulation to their damn brains with durags, using all kinds of chemicals to slick their naps down and dying their hair blonde to give an Odell mess and it's all chocked up to self expression, but when black women are accused of hating themselves when they do any of the above.  :ermm: That's not kinda weird?

The only difference I see is that black men don't face the same societal stigmas when it comes to their hair.

Kalifornia.

Kaeli.

I mean... what?s the real difference?

Black Men are going out of their way to achieve a look that would otherwise be deemed unnatural. No different than a weave

FlowerBomb

I don't knock anyone for putting a wig or weave on, that's their business
I just don't see waves being the same as a weave or a wig, it's just product applied to hair to slick it down and wearing a rag so that it stays in place.
Either way I see a lot more black men doing the coil brushed look these days.

Kalifornia.

I see her point, but unless you're altering the texture of your hair then I consider it natural. It's just a different style.

yummy

I agree, Kae' but it seems to be easier for men to play aloof instead of admitting that they give in to some of the same western beauty ideals that women do

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Kalifornia on October 23, 2018, 06:19:14 PM
I see her point, but unless you're altering the texture of your hair then I consider it natural. It's just a different style.
!!!
Now the men that perming, that's a different story

RAY7

Ppl just don?t care as much about men?s hair in general
and I never heard any guy saying they wanted hair like any other race

Kalifornia.

That's just like someone rocking dreads. That's still their natural hair. It's just in a different style.

Kaeli.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 23, 2018, 06:19:46 PM
I agree, Kae' but it seems to be easier for men to play aloof instead of admitting that they give in to some of the same western beauty ideals that women do

yea lolz