kelela dishes on her album

Started by Gilgamesh., May 31, 2016, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie.

Sinpool

BAPHOMET.

merkaba

yummy

QuoteObviously being a not so visible brown girl for most of my life, it's been challenging just to get through that, but when attention is on you and people are digesting your image in a way that way intersects with what you do as a performer, it's something that I hadn't really processed until I got into this situation. So I think at this juncture, while all my songs on this next record are all focused on very human experiences with lovers, I would say that I'm gonna use my platform around those songs to express whatever it is that I find problematic. Sometimes it's enough to write about it, but I want to be loud about it.

:ohwow:

queen self

merkaba

FINE.

May 31, 2016, 10:13:32 PM #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:13:53 PM by FINE.
It's weird u made this thread though. I was just thinking about her the other night

saltybitch

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on May 31, 2016, 10:11:59 PM
QuoteObviously being a not so visible brown girl for most of my life, it's been challenging just to get through that, but when attention is on you and people are digesting your image in a way that way intersects with what you do as a performer, it's something that I hadn't really processed until I got into this situation. So I think at this juncture, while all my songs on this next record are all focused on very human experiences with lovers, I would say that I'm gonna use my platform around those songs to express whatever it is that I find problematic. Sometimes it's enough to write about it, but I want to be loud about it.

:ohwow:

queen self

:dead:

I dont think she could release something I wouldn't use. She kinda just HAS it.