'Sweet, Thanks': Combining Ariana Grande's Two Recent LPs Into One 13-Track Mast

Started by Lazarus, February 22, 2019, 02:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

'Sweet, Thanks': Combining Ariana Grande's Two Recent LPs Into One 13-Track Masterpiece

Ariana Grande has pulled off the near-impossible since her 2018 return, releasing the most acclaimed and fastest-selling album of her career... and then coming back six months later with an even more-acclaimed, faster-selling follow-up.

Already one of pop's brightest stars, Sweetener and Thank U, Next have catapulted Grande into the all-decade discussion, while giving fans a stunning 27 combined new tracks for their daily rotation. And while both albums are fully winning on their own -- each following its own compelling internal logic with its track ordering, pacing, collaborators and single selections -- we at Billboard couldn't resist the temptation to see what it might look like if we tried to combine her last 12 months into one package, to make the most immaculate nu-Ariana single LP possible.

But just because we're pulling from both sets doesn't mean we want it to feel like a Greatest Hits: We still wanted to maintain the coherence and flow of a traditional album, while keeping the running time easily digestible. Sadly, doing so meant parting with some favorites from both sets -- including "R.E.M.," "Get Well Soon" and "God Is a Woman" from Sweetener, and "Needy," "Bloodline" and "7 Rings" from Thank U, Next -- because they didn't quite fit our vision. We're left with 13 tracks: six from each of the two sets, plus one bonus cut from a recent feature of Grande's.

It won't replace either of the two original albums in our hearts, but it's a fascinating exercise in trying to encapsulate the very best of one of the greatest year-long runs in recent pop memory. Below, we present to you: Sweet, Thanks.

Link

Would you use?

CHOKE

I always thought NASA and God is a Woman would be cute together

Was thinking of adding it to my re-done
Track list

Seriously the original track list sucks TBH  :uhh:

Here?s Mine

1. 7 Rings
2. Bloodline
3. Fake Smile
4. Needy
5. NASA
6. Bad Idea
7. Break Up With Your Girlfriend
8. Make Up
9. Imagine
10. Ghostin
11. In My Head
12. Thank You, Next

I may add a few from Sweetner now tho

KippDaddy

Needy and Bloodline are IT!

they coulda removed two of those sweetner tracks and added them two

Freemala Harris

Sweet
Borderline
No Tears
God
Breathin
Everytime
Bloodline
Bad Idea
Fake Smile
7 Rings
Thank'
Break'
Pete

The Fame Monster is shaking

Gilgamesh.

I'd take the best bops from 7 Rings (NASA, Make Up) and I maybe, Imagine.

Only cause it has that classic Ariana sound I think that was missing from Sweetner.

b7

Zankou.

1. Fake Smile
2. Bloodline
3. Breathin
4. Better Off
5. God is a Woman
6. Break Up
7. 7 rings
8. Make Up
9. Everytime
10. ghostin