Jimmy Kimmel said TOO BAD NIGGAS! Keep cryin over the oscars!

Started by Genesis, January 22, 2016, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Quote from: Rajesha on January 22, 2016, 05:05:48 PM
You guys do not see the bigger picture. Oscars write history. They are what will remain.

When people look back at cinematic accomplishments of human kind, they will see nothing but white people which will further cement and perpetuate the notion of white supremacy for the future.

am mean, you'll be presented as "Academy award winner _______ " for the rest of your career and that sounds really cute but most people can't name who won for any of the major categories in any specific year.  :dead:

and like Viola said, the issue isn't the awards...it's the studios and overwhelmingly Caucasian folks behind the scenes that need to be examined.

RAY7

Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:02:44 PM
I'm over this Oscar mess already. Hollyweird is regressing a bit, but the whole idea of demanding to be rewarded for something (whether a grammy or oscar) just seems desperate to me. Take pride in your work and keep satisfying the people who appreciate it.
I don't see how anyone is demanding anything
they are just boycotting it until it changes or forever

yummy

we need more shondas and mara brocks getting their projects greenlit and less hashtags and social media trends :hmph:

tigernathan

You guys do not see the bigger picture. Oscars write history. They are what will remain.

When people look back at cinematic accomplishments of human kind, they will see nothing but white people which will further cement and perpetuate the notion of white supremacy for the future.

Wait Malc'!

SouravMay

Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:09:55 PM

am mean, you'll be presented as "Academy award winner _______ " for the rest of your career and that sounds really cute but most people can't name who won for any of the major categories in any specific year.  :dead:

and like Viola said, the issue isn't the awards...it's the studios and overwhelmingly Caucasian folks behind the scenes that need to be examined.

Yumz, I don't know shit about science or scientific people or who invented what, so what I will do is go down all the Noble prize winners, as the starting point of my research. You want to know what good R&B of the 80's was like many people are going to start with the Grammys. And believe me lots of old 40's movies would be forgotten by now had it not been for the Oscar they won. Any Oscar winner will forever be remembered, as the institution as of now has outlived any actor. This has political magnitude. Oscars will be covered in books about Human culture etc.

Either you devalue the Oscar by taking its credibility and giving it a bias/racist reputation or you make sure you get included because in a 100 years people will have forgotten Gabrielle Union, but probably still remember Halle Berry or hell Jennifer Hudson. Because the Oscar will still be around. I only know Hattie McDaniels cause she won.
B7

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

The hashtags and social media trends are making a difference. People like throw out alternatives of what "we should be doing" but aren't themselves assisting in making a difference.

tigernathan

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 22, 2016, 05:15:18 PM
The hashtags and social media trends are making a difference. People like throw out alternatives of what "we should be doing" but aren't themselves assisting in making a difference.

d

No it's not.

Jon

The problem is Hollywood not hiring black actors in movies and creating for them. The academy can only do so much. There needs to more roles (oscar bait roles) and people willing to hire black actors for huge money making franchises and stuff.

RAY7

Yes they are
I mean the #oscarssowhite hashtag really got a lot of attention

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:16:29 PM

d

No it's not.

Are you kidding me :uhh: we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't for individuals on Social media bringing up the fact that there were no black people nominated at all

Vonc2002

OH, PLEASE! What'll be remembered :dead:
The actors, singers, performers, etc we regard as great are not even awarded performers. Halle Barry was the first black women to win an academy award for a leading role, Diana Ross doesnt even have a grammy. You do the work because u love it. If ur waiting around to be validated thats on u. Screaming about white men and white supremacy but waiting around for that same white man to tell u good job nigger :dead:
If ur so concerned about great black performers why not look to who we award and hold an NAACP award in such high regard.
Trying to preach about black history and using a white man's award in the process, please.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

yummy

Quote from: Rajesha on January 22, 2016, 05:15:05 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:09:55 PM

Yumz, I don't know shit about science or scientific people or who invented what, so what I will do is go down all the Noble prize winners, as the starting point of my research. You want to know what good R&B of the 80's was like many people are going to start with the Grammys. And believe me lots of old 40's movies would be forgotten by had it not been for the Oscar. Any Oscar winner will forever be remembered, as the institution as of now has outlived any actor. This has political magnitude. Oscars will be covered in books about Human culture etc.

Either you devalue the Oscar by taking its credibility and giving it a bias/racist reputation or you make sure you get included because in a 100 years people will have forgotten Gabrielle Union, but probably still remember Halle Berry or hell Jennifer Hudson. Because the Oscar will still be around. I only know Hattie McDaniels cause she won.

well, of course you remember Hattie and Halle because they were historic wins. I just don't see the need for validation from awards or a pat on the back from a committee of white people.

Sorry  :dead:

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: inluvwitbran on January 22, 2016, 05:18:44 PM
Yes they are
I mean the #oscarssowhite hashtag really got a lot of attention

Right. She's fucking insane.

I mean Black Lives Matter started as a damn hashtag and look what it's become now.

tigernathan

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 22, 2016, 05:18:45 PM
Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:16:29 PM

d

No it's not.

Are you kidding me :uhh: we wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't for individuals on Social media bringing up the fact that there were no black people nominated at all

Discussions and moaning isn't making a difference. This parody is proof. They're laughing.

SouravMay

Let's cut to the chase. Funke Akindele deserved an Oscar nod for this. This performance  :ohwow:
B7