Monique's Breakfast Club Interview

Started by Lazarus, February 23, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:56:30 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:53:37 AM
Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 12:46:50 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:41:25 AM
Monique doesn't deserve a big payday which is why Netflix hasn't given it to her.  Stop trying to make this about black women being underpaid in general. THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS.  Netflix has already proven to be a platform to pick up and air black content, even when there is an uproar about it (Dear White people, anyone?). Netflix has shown that they pay our black men with the Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle salaries. Netflix has shown they pay women with the amy Schumer salary. Netflix has even shown to pay  BLACK women. Angela Yee addressed Netflix paying Ava Duvernay and another successful relevant black female in the video.  Ava's Oscar nominated 13 got her a payday from Netflix. Stop coming in here with stories about Taquanda not getting her just dues. That's heart wrenching but has nothing to do with THIS story, Netflix, and this selfish ass bitch asking people to boycott a platform that has MORE than shown themselves supportive to black entertainment. Monique not getting the Money she wants is not Netflix undervaluing her. It's Netflix being a business and Monique's name is not a money maker. PERIOD :dead:
its very odd that no one mentions Shondas 2017 non-exclusive deal with Netflix

Very funny
She was PAID down..
Mo has yet to mention her and it?s very fucking funny
THAT'S who Angela said. Ava and shonda. So they do pay black women huh? Go fckn figure  :dead:

That is wonderful.
We don't know the amounts paid, right?
Not that we have to.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/netflix-locking-down-some-hollywoods-biggest-names-816439%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/film/news/ava-duvernay-netflix-diversity-1202527100/amp/

Know who you're rallying behind

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:57:45 AM
Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 12:48:19 AM
?Monique is a legend?

Really giggling at her thinking she?s on the same level as Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle

This bitch is 100% out of her fucking mind
Because HONESTLY they being nice with that too. Monique ain't no fckn legend. Sorry :dead:
Just because u been around don't mean u get to be a legend.  How tf u a legendary comedian and u don't even have a fckn legendary comedy special. I think back to Richard Pryor's comedy specials, Eddie Murphy's RAW, Martin Lawerence's You So Crazy. Bitch u don't even have a fckn HBO comedy hour :dead:
Like, I'm sorry but I'm not with the fckn shit
Njjjjjjjjjjjjjj
This bitch has LOST her mind

?Most decorated?
Is that code for the fattest?

Yeah she?s nobody?s fucking legend
Nor is she the most celebrated female comic

No one even equates this bitch to comedy even more

Rxxf

February 24, 2018, 01:04:43 AM #318 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:06:16 AM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:56:30 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:53:37 AM
Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 12:46:50 AM
Monique doesn't deserve a big payday which is why Netflix hasn't given it to her.  Stop trying to make this about black women being underpaid in general. THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS.  Netflix has already proven to be a platform to pick up and air black content, even when there is an uproar about it (Dear White people, anyone?). Netflix has shown that they pay our black men with the Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle salaries. Netflix has shown they pay women with the amy Schumer salary. Netflix has even shown to pay  BLACK women. Angela Yee addressed Netflix paying Ava Duvernay and another successful relevant black female in the video.  Ava's Oscar nominated 13 got her a payday from Netflix. Stop coming in here with stories about Taquanda not getting her just dues. That's heart wrenching but has nothing to do with THIS story, Netflix, and this selfish ass bitch asking people to boycott a platform that has MORE than shown themselves supportive to black entertainment. Monique not getting the Money she wants is not Netflix undervaluing her. It's Netflix being a business and Monique's name is not a money maker. PERIOD :dead:
its very odd that no one mentions Shondas 2017 non-exclusive deal with Netflix

Very funny
She was PAID down..
Mo has yet to mention her and it?s very fucking funny
THAT'S who Angela said. Ava and shonda. So they do pay black women huh? Go fckn figure  :dead:

That is wonderful.
We don't know the amounts paid, right?
Not that we have to.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/netflix-locking-down-some-hollywoods-biggest-names-816439%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/film/news/ava-duvernay-netflix-diversity-1202527100/amp/

Know who you're rallying behind

This is wonderful.
Thanks Vonc.
BRANDY

GLOCK

I?m sorry but charla really did make this bitch look so damn dumb and apey

Vonc2002

I MEAN!
QuoteAva DuVernay: Netflix reached out to me with an offer that I?d never heard before. Come and make what you?d like to make. We?d like to work with you as an artist, and we?ll support you in that vision. That sounded a little too good to be true. I was attracted by the prospects of a fraction of it. What I ended up getting was so much more.

I never got a note that said, ?Fix this.? This is the first place I ever went to where somebody said: ?Gosh, I love this. Don?t you want to do more?? I don?t have the money for that. ?Oh, we?ll give you some more money.? What kind of place is this?!

They didn't feel like Monique is worth the money.  PERIOD  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Why won?t this bitch get a grey ponytail ?

GLOCK

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 01:05:43 AM
I MEAN!
QuoteAva DuVernay: Netflix reached out to me with an offer that I?d never heard before. Come and make what you?d like to make. We?d like to work with you as an artist, and we?ll support you in that vision. That sounded a little too good to be true. I was attracted by the prospects of a fraction of it. What I ended up getting was so much more.

I never got a note that said, ?Fix this.? This is the first place I ever went to where somebody said: ?Gosh, I love this. Don?t you want to do more?? I don?t have the money for that. ?Oh, we?ll give you some more money.? What kind of place is this?!

:plzstop:

Really damn simple
And it was a very smart move

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

BUt my Sweet Charcoaled brotha

You said wanda was a better commedian and worth millions
and they told sis she was worth 100k is that what she deserved?
And Monique has kept it specific to black female commediens and how netflix undervalues them
which corelates to the bigger picture of the industry and their standards for wage inequality

Netflix is not the only network to follow the trend to include more blacks in their content
they are following the trend like alot of other networks
it would be a highlight if they were the leaders of it and mostly promoting content with blacks

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Rxxf

I MEAN!
QuoteAva DuVernay: Netflix reached out to me with an offer that I?d never heard before. Come and make what you?d like to make. We?d like to work with you as an artist, and we?ll support you in that vision. That sounded a little too good to be true. I was attracted by the prospects of a fraction of it. What I ended up getting was so much more.

I have to respect the reciepts.

It doesn't mean that the issues aren't there.

But I have to respect what is being done for others. The narratives can be vast and different for sure.
BRANDY

GLOCK

Mons is such a damn condescending ass bitch
That Oscar has her mind so fucked

Rxxf

Quote from: TheNextLew on February 24, 2018, 01:07:19 AM

BUt my Sweet Charcoaled brotha

You said wanda was a better commedian and worth millions
and they told sis she was worth 100k is that what she deserved?
And Monique has kept it specific to black female commediens and how netflix undervalues them
which corelates to the bigger picture of the industry and their standards for wage inequality

Netflix is not the only network to follow the trend to include more blacks in their content
they are following the trend like alot of other networks
it would be a highlight if they were the leaders of it and mostly promoting content with blacks

At it again...
BRANDY

Vonc2002

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 01:07:30 AM
I MEAN!

I have to respect the reciepts.

Sovereign.

February 24, 2018, 01:11:00 AM #329 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:13:10 AM by Saeed.
I'm really not here for y'all clowning Mo'Nique and then tomorrow turning around pumping ya fists screaming "black artists are undervalued, underrappreciated." Ya rhetoric is half-assed, tired and through and y'all really ain't about the work because if y'all were y'all wouldn't go out the way to flagrantly disrespect Mo'Nique or any black woman of the like who chooses to voice inequity.

And to Mo'Nique's point, isn't it timely that Viola Davis who also shares the Oscar, SAG and Golden Globe-award winning title JUST speak about this? And y'all interestingly enough seem to hear argument. What makes Mo'Nique unique? Should Viola (who is one of this generations most acclaimed actresses) continually keep hush about the pay she receives in comparison to her white colleagues? I wanna understand this part-time "activism."