Monique's Breakfast Club Interview

Started by Lazarus, February 23, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 01:18:31 AM
Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 01:13:18 AM
Not Angela messing a bit

?Oh but the girls said u were a mess to work with.. told me personally?

I love this innocent ass bitch
I cried.
girl, that's fine.  I heard u were a WHOLE mess tho.  What gives

ffggvbbbbnnnn

I am crying  :plzstop:
They are lashing

Vonc2002

Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 01:17:32 AM
Sisney really is her good girlfriend

U can tell they be justa gossiping about men and MESS
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

I love how they aren?t moving on their stances
Bjkkdjd

The girls just aren?t buying it

Sovereign.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 01:14:12 AM
I'm not faulting Netflix for not giving money to a comedian I don't even damn value highly

This argument reeks of bias and anytime you began an argument with these words, it's void. Sis, who said Mo'Nique had to be your favorite comedian? Fuck that! Who cares? Let's get at these facts, the practicality - hegemony is what is being performed not only against Mo, but black women across every industry, in your homes because...capitalistic cycles. Wanda Sykes is not my favorite comedian however, that has nothing to do with it. Netflix offered her a shitty deal like they offered Mo one. Did y'all read the contract? My GOD!  :uhh: 24 months without performing your own material?  :dead:

GLOCK

I?m giggling at Envy really putting the final nail in the coffin

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Saeed. on February 24, 2018, 01:20:22 AM
I'm not faulting Netflix for not giving money to a comedian I don't even damn value highly

This argument reeks of bias and anytime you began an argument with these words, it's void. Sis, who said Mo'Nique had to be your favorite comedian? Fuck that! Who cares? Let's get at these facts, the practicality - hegemony is what is being performed not only against Mo, but black women across every industry, in your homes because...capitalistic cycles. Wanda Sykes is not my favorite comedian however, that has nothing to do with it. Netflix offered her a shitty deal like they offered Mo one. Did y'all read the contract? My GOD!  :uhh: 24 months without performing your own material?  :dead:

lmao his whole argument stems from him hating black women
hating monique
not thinking shes talented
not thinking her awards and filmography means anything
hes the bsource charlamange but BLACKER and uglier

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

b7

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:01:13 AM
Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 23, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
Finishing up the interview.

She says that the 500K offer could have been a result of her being blackballed and Netflix taking advantage of the opportunity since she could be in a desperate position.

That's called business. And you're in the toughest and most ruthless business there is, which is show business.

You chose to play ball with Oprah and Lee Daniels.

You decided that if you're not flying first class to Cannes, you're not flying to Cannes at all. Fuck the promotion of the movie. You made those decisions.

She sees her entire career coming to a halt while her brothers Chris and Dave continue to eat, and new girls like Tiffany Haddish are popping up slaying left and right. That cannot be the easiest pill to swallow.

But you made your decisions. This all seems to stem from the fact that you said "no" to Coach tickets on a plane. They paid for Coach tickets, perhaps you could have simply upgraded them to First Class. But you said, "No. You pay for Coach or I stay on couch."

And on the couch is where they left you, it seems.

I think it's deeper than just that, tho.
was it at the time? Cuz that?s specifically what she had an issue with, IMO. That?s what she has brought up multiple times sddddd they wanted first class, high level top notch service in exchange for doing what every actor/performer does in the first place. This is what Whoopi was trying to tell her

It?s not about being a ?slave?. Not in this particular case

GLOCK

?We do it on our own?

She?s really just parading around this MESS
just admit you aren?t capable and they gave you the best damn deal you?ll get

Poor u for ruining the PLUG

Sovereign.

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
Mo'nique lost a big chunk of my respect when she showed her true colors during that "Daddy" video stream.

Resorting to calling people coons and Uncle Tom's. It seems like when she's upset enough, she begins to unravel. And all of that honey bunches of oats mess goes away.

So she's fake. And I have little tolerance for that. There's no room to trust anything that comes out of someone's mouth once it's made clear that they are not presenting themselves genuinely and honestly.

Sis have you sat down with Mo'Nique personally? Here's the thing about the internet and celebrit...it ain't real.  :kii:

I really want us to start creating room for folks. Mo'Nique is flawed, but sis so am I. But because Mo'Nique is a black woman impassioned by black people and liberation at the end  of the day, I have time for her and anyone who concerns themselves with the work and that sometimes involves emotional labor.

GLOCK

Dumb ass girl
Being a legend matters NONE..

Why are u so damn stupid

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: TheNextLew on February 24, 2018, 01:18:44 AM
Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
Mo'nique lost a big chunk of my respect when she showed her true colors during that "Daddy" video stream.

Resorting to calling people coons and Uncle Tom's. It seems like when she's upset enough, she begins to unravel. And all of that honey bunches of oats mess goes away.

So she's fake. And I have little tolerance for that. There's no room to trust anything that comes out of someone's mouth once it's made clear that they are not presenting themselves genuinely and honestly.

Shes calling it what it is

Siding with netflix and playing their advocate when you can see that the offer was wrong
is nothing but uncle tom tacticts

so is all the reallness shes displayed over the years disinergrate because a few words you didnt like her saying

that does not make sense
If she really loved her people like she says she does, she'd take time to realize WHY they may have a tougher time digesting her mission than someone of another race. She'd realize that there are forces well beyond the control of the community that pit us against one another many times. And...

Up until I saw that stream, I thought that's the type of person she was. That's how she PRESENTED herself. As a person who, through all the challenges and misunderstandings, still loved her people and will not stop loving on them. And will just continue on with her mission.

Not some bitch who calls them coons and Uncle Toms behind closed doors before smiling in their face and calling them a honey muffin.

She's fake. I had respect for her before but I don't know. The dumb bitch is out for herself and she won't see a dime from Netflix.

Fin.

b7

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 12:06:25 AM
It's certainly deeper now.

But this is where it seems to have begun.

QuoteThe day after Daniels appeared on Lemon?s program, Mo?Nique did the same, and, naturally, Lemon asked her to react to what Daniels said the day prior, and she explained: ?There were no demands. There was a request from the movie studio that I fly to France for the Cannes Film Festival. I simply said, ?I respectfully decline.? [..] I had a couple of days downtime and I wanted to spend that with my husband and my kids.?

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/02/monique-said-she-was-paid-50000-for-precious-responds-to-lee-daniels-play-the-game-advice-video-155457/

Every time she tells this story of the fallout, it always begins with the flight to Cannes.

I understand that.
But she had contractually done what she needed to do at that point.
She performed the hell out of that film in the States, and did it well.
To simply say, she wanted to fly first-class is not really telling the whole story, IMO.
like Whoopi said though, who you sign your deal with does not matter in that business. You go promote the movie and the benefits you will reap from just doing THAT, will far exceed simply flying first class and them paying you another lump some to promote the film.

We can?t act like her going overseas to promote this film would have only been doin them a favor. Promoting is part of the work you must do in order to get what you want to get out of that business. 

The work doesn?t just stop when the director says ?that?s a wrap?. She knows better than that, honestly.

GLOCK

February 24, 2018, 01:25:57 AM #357 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:28:10 AM by glock
This jet black bun doesn?t bother y?all?

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saeed. on February 24, 2018, 01:20:22 AM

who said Mo'Nique had to be your favorite comedian?
But that's the point, who EVER says this fat bitch is their favorite comedian?  I bet if more statements began that way she would've got an offer she found respectable. Netflix has already shown themselves to pay black men with Chris and Dave's salaries. Netflix has thrown money at Ava and Rhonda, so where is the color bias? Where is the gender bias? This is nothing more than business and them offering her what THEY feel she's worth and can return.  Save your speeches and go see this how at one of her club performances if you support her so much.  BYE!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Damn charla is holding his damn own and is lashing those grey edges