Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosone1

Quote from: sowhat on March 23, 2020, 05:29:15 AM
Why would anyone release music during a time like this ccfgvvvc and expect it to do something

The way everybody forgot about The Weeknd & Childish releases already. Rona is planking at #1 on all charts and ain't letting up in tree foreseeable future
Weeknd is on track for 425k+ debut.

Monika

Also, Kipp isn't even sure that the single isn't coming, but yet he ran here to report. Be absolutely sure first, Kipp! That's how you report! That way, you will be cause anger.
Yahudah

b7

Well i won't lash anyone just yet.  It just better be communicated either way 

it's really not that hard, but i know they haven't made a final decision yet so I'll hold off for now. I just know if the 27th goes by without a peep and without a different date in its place to look forward to, then they've failed yet again. 

The virus is months away from being completely contained (if that) so I'm not understanding what their thought process is. There is no "right time" to release it.  

But we'll see what they decide first. She's definitely not the weekend where she can just put an album out without doing promo rounds (all talk shows are pretty much dead now or only discussing corona) but she can put out a single for now. 

fedswatchin

Quote from: rosone1 on March 23, 2020, 07:07:31 AM
Why would anyone release music during a time like this ccfgvvvc and expect it to do something

The way everybody forgot about The Weeknd & Childish releases already. Rona is planking at #1 on all charts and ain't letting up in tree foreseeable future
Weeknd is on track for 425k+ debut.
1. This world has trash taste

2. Weeknd has a draw that Brandy doesn't right now. She'd need to promote the song whereas Weeknd has the world wrapped around his finger, for whatever reason, with that somber bull he be making in the studio

CHOKE

Quote from: Monika on March 23, 2020, 07:13:30 AM
Also, Kipp isn't even sure that the single isn't coming, but yet he ran here to report. Be absolutely sure first, Kipp! That's how you report! That way, you will be cause anger.

CHOKE

As a singer I just wouldn't be okay with someone on a message board with access to my plans creating a narrative for me especially if they're not even sure on the news they're reporting

:omf:

fedswatchin

Blackpantha

I mean if she's gonna push back they album and single. Atleast drop a five track EP.  Atleast something to keep our bussies closed and fed. 

What do you gorls say?
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

Gilgamesh.

No. I want BabyMamma.

The album will come when it comes needs but this single is literally the only thing that's keeping my interest in Brandy as an artist. It's way overdue.

BrandyFromTheFuture

I respect people like JoJo who are still pushing through and are sticking to their release schedule. That girl has been doing daily instagram live sessions for her fans where she covers songs and answers questions. She is doing piano accompanied performances from her house, giving TV and radio + podcasts interviews, all without leaving her house.

Now I know it's a bit different for Brandy, as she is a mother and this is also her first real single in 8 years, BUT there are so many ways to promote these days. If she keeps waiting for the right time to release, it just tells me that she isn't planning to release anything after that album for another 5-10 years. Otherwise she would not care so much and push that album out, record the next one and repeat.

HUGO

Quote from: chokeme on March 23, 2020, 07:18:43 AM
As a singer I just wouldn't be okay with someone on a message board with access to my plans creating a narrative for me especially if they're not even sure on the news they're reporting

:omf:
Ffffff

That's brandy for ya

Ulysses

Nobody forgot about The Weeknd if his shit is about to do a 400k or more debut...

lovechild

Quote from: Ulysses on March 23, 2020, 08:03:46 AM

Nobody forgot about The Weeknd if his shit is about to do a 400k or more debut...

The weekend just proved why this is a great time to release! Ppl are bored af and need good music at this time . Music heals!! Brandy is one of the most adored vocalist of our time and y'all telling me she won't do numbers because of Corona? Brandy needs Wendy Williams to promote her single? I doubt it! Brandy has never been a huge touring artist and all of that promo didn't help Two Eleven.

At the end of the day it's about the music and there are tons of ways to promote in 2020. 

GYNandTONIC

March 23, 2020, 08:28:56 AM #553 Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:29:55 AM by GYNandTONIC
I don't want Bran releasing under this mess. Kinda reminds me of the Whit situation and how that over shadowed the release of the single with Monica.

Yes people are home and bored, but I do think Brandy needs a media and radio run, and doing it after the single has dropped seems pointless IMO. If it doesn't perform well by the time she starts talking about it, she will be defending a flop project instead of an anticipated one. Speaking on a project before it's performance seems like a healthier convo for a veteran artist IMO

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Nah it's always better to do a radio run while the song is out.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius