Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign.

Quote from: Nine. on March 23, 2020, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: Bentley. THE Moderator. on March 23, 2020, 10:15:17 AM
Katy flopped with Harleys before Corona even came.

Gaga flopped with that Cure song too and pulled back to do something else :plzstop:

Like ...... lemme see how to say this.

ok so this is no shade. It's not that the girls don't care or want to be A&R. They're basically saying it doesn't matter either way :dead:

At this point the girls who were gonna stream a brandy song are gonna do it regardless. A big promo run isn't gonna have '10 results anymore :dead:

And Brandy has never really mastered radio/late show/promo performance game anyways

.... Remember that MDA show for the disabled kids, and bby sis was stuck in that wheelchair. And next thing you know Brandy bust owt with dancers "IMMA PUT IT DOWN!" :plzstop:

I honestly toppled tf over :kii:

But yea ... releasing a single is honestly for the fans at this point guys lol
NDJKSADND;ADSSDAKSDDSNKKNSDAKSDADADASDAS

I'm doing a two step  :plzstop:

Bigmacthawoppa

March 23, 2020, 12:05:44 PM #601 Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:07:04 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Sovereign. on March 23, 2020, 12:02:30 PM

Gaga flopped with that Cure song too and pulled back to do something else :plzstop:

ok so this is no shade. It's not that the girls don't care or want to be A&R. They're basically saying it doesn't matter either way :dead:

At this point the girls who were gonna stream a brandy song are gonna do it regardless. A big promo run isn't gonna have '10 results anymore :dead:

And Brandy has never really mastered radio/late show/promo performance game anyways

.... Remember that MDA show for the disabled kids, and bby sis was stuck in that wheelchair. And next thing you know Brandy bust owt with dancers "IMMA PUT IT DOWN!" :plzstop:

I'm doing a two step  :plzstop:

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

These poor babies can't even walk and she's talking bout bouncin on a dick  :dead:

BAPHOMET.

:damselindistress:

GYNandTONIC

March 23, 2020, 12:49:08 PM #603 Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:49:45 PM by GYNandTONIC
Yeah, No.

Sorry to y'all fans that want Bran to throw out an album after 8 years like it's last months leftovers w/ a IG story and a damn TicTok challenge. All cause y'all impatient and bothered (with good reason).

Whether it helps the sales or not, I want Bran to sit on somebody's couch and explain the place she is/was in and the process for this album. I want some cute interviews I can play years from now about this era. Her shit is done and ready to go whenever Rona has calmed & that's kinda all that matters.

Harlem

If she's really pushing back too, she needs to remove the single cover from her profile pic and bio as well... it's misleading

Le Champ

Honestly, the root of all this is that Brandy is a terrible communicator to her fans. If we didn't have to go to her page and put puzzle pieces together, we wouldn't even be in this boat. That's annoying as hell.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on March 23, 2020, 12:49:08 PM
Yeah, No.

Sorry to y'all fans that want Bran to throw out an album after 8 years like it's last months leftovers w/ a IG story and a damn TicTok challenge. All cause y'all impatient and bothered (with good reason).

Whether it helps the sales or not, I want Bran to sit on somebody's couch and explain the place she is/was in and the process for this album. I want some cute interviews I can play years from now about this era. Her shit is done and ready to go whenever Rona has calmed & that's kinda all that matters.

I agree but at what point do you take control and say okay, let's exhaust all options to keep this project on course aside from the current state of our country.

How hard is it for Bran to have Ray or Syrai or someone come ot her house, set-up shop and film her in an interview format to discuss the album?

How hard is it for Bran to tease snippets of studio time or BTS footage of the making of the album to KEEP INTEREST.

I think we all understand that the actual ROLL OUT of the album from a Maverick perspective might be impacted (interviews, radio appearances, late night tv, etc. But as an indie artist, be it 100% indie or not, she still has control as to how she TREATS her fans. Bran has so much music in her vault. So much footage. There are SO MANY WAYS to keep your fans interested in YOU. And my issue with bran is that with her it's either full throttle or NO throttle and I cannot understand how she hopes to keep people interested in HER and her ART if she's just doing little to nothing.

"Hey fans, things are a little rocky right now. But #BabyMama and #B7 will be out as soon as I can. Here's some BTS footage of the creation of #BabyMama. Can't wait for you all to hear the full!"

Like these things are NOT THAT HARD to do when you have so many social media platforms available to you.

Take that "fitness journey" era where she was posting snippets of music and her boxing and working out, and SHIFT that same approach to NOW and even THAT would be better than what she's giving now which is NOTHING.

Le Champ

Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 23, 2020, 01:10:45 PM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on March 23, 2020, 12:49:08 PM
Yeah, No.

I agree but at what point do you take control and say okay, let's exhaust all options to keep this project on course aside from the current state of our country.

How hard is it for Bran to have Ray or Syrai or someone come ot her house, set-up shop and film her in an interview format to discuss the album?

How hard is it for Bran to tease snippets of studio time or BTS footage of the making of the album to KEEP INTEREST.

I think we all understand that the actual ROLL OUT of the album from a Maverick perspective might be impacted (interviews, radio appearances, late night tv, etc. But as an indie artist, be it 100% indie or not, she still has control as to how she TREATS her fans. Bran has so much music in her vault. So much footage. There are SO MANY WAYS to keep your fans interested in YOU. And my issue with bran is that with her it's either full throttle or NO throttle and I cannot understand how she hopes to keep people interested in HER and her ART if she's just doing little to nothing.

"Hey fans, things are a little rocky right now. But #BabyMama and #B7 will be out as soon as I can. Here's some BTS footage of the creation of #BabyMama. Can't wait for you all to hear the full!"

Like these things are NOT THAT HARD to do when you have so many social media platforms available to you.

Take that "fitness journey" era where she was posting snippets of music and her boxing and working out, and SHIFT that same approach to NOW and even THAT would be better than what she's giving now which is NOTHING.

This.

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Le Champ on March 23, 2020, 01:10:03 PM
Honestly, the root of all this is that Brandy is a terrible communicator to her fans. If we didn't have to go to her page and put puzzle pieces together, we wouldn't even be in this boat. That's annoying as hell.

Like I literally want to just hold her in a room and say "girl what's important to you!? what's your perspective and what do you think needs to be done to CONNECT with a fan base in TODAY'S WORLD?"

BRockaBaby

March 23, 2020, 01:22:23 PM #610 Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:22:52 PM by BRockaBaby
Quote from: heir. on March 23, 2020, 01:18:42 PM
I do agree that ghan could be a bit more direct in communication.

It's almost like she hides a bit when there may be a hiccup. It's understandable and doesn't really bother me much but i get why some are frustrated.

I think that's exactly what it is. She doesn't like to face unfortunate situations but she has to understand that by avoiding it, in many ways she makes it worse. Many would say "oh it's just her immediate fans that are that invested. Most of the world doesn't view it that way.." but aren't your stans the audience that you should be appealing to in MOST scenarios. They help carry your torch and your legacy because they are a part of your journey. Don't just ignore us because you believe we are a small percentage of how everyone else views the situation.

It's almost an ungrateful mindset.

'ology

Quote from: LF on March 20, 2020, 02:04:46 PM
The fact that some of y'all were thinking that Bran would've pushed the release date to this Friday. Like she has ever pushed UP a date to anything over the years - everything has been a push BACK. Why would she start now? :kii: This is the same woman that left y'all asses damn near stranded in Washington during the winter and ya still fallin for her promises.
Zzzzzzzzzz jit zzzzzzzzz
Bran knew she was wrong for that DC mess
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Demm_

Quote from: Le Champ on March 23, 2020, 01:10:03 PM
Bottom line.

Monika

Quote from: Harlem on March 23, 2020, 12:59:35 PM
If she's really pushing back too, she needs to remove the single cover from her profile pic and bio as well... it's misleading
:unsure:

You don't even know for sure yet y'all doin' all this.
Yahudah

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Monika on March 23, 2020, 01:45:10 PM
Quote from: Harlem on March 23, 2020, 12:59:35 PM
:unsure:

You don't even know for sure yet y'all doin' all this.

....that's the problem!