Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

Quote from: AJ on March 25, 2020, 04:18:19 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 25, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
She needs a hit .. you can't read?
define hit. because im not expecting her to be top 20 on the hot 100. so what are your thoughts?

It doesn't matter what you see or not. It's none of what you THOUGHT how the single will chart like Whitney told Wendy......It's what's gonna happen. Seriously though ...I think we should let go of expectations. No reason why she isn't capable of going to the top 10 on HOT 100. My opinion.

RAY7

Quote from: Monika on March 25, 2020, 04:13:05 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 25, 2020, 03:31:06 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 25, 2020, 03:25:51 PM
Yeah but Brandy ain't John Legend or Usher 
whats the difference? Shes a 40 yr old R&B artist like they are
not a 20 something like Cardi, make it make sense :uhh:
she postponed it, Ray. Just take it, and let it go, man. It really will be alright.
Im still gonna vent out my frustrations
this is a bad decision, period

Afrodisiac15

Unless she had a bunch a promo set up for this week which it didn't seem like she did I don't see the point in postponing. People are Home, Bored and streaming this sad situation we are in right now might have actually benefited her. 

RAY7

Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 04:14:44 PM
I get it. As fans it would be a nice gift but they seemingly had so much planned around the song and radio/tv was a big part of that.

May be a bit old school to some, but I'm sure she doesn't want to waste a feature with chance by just tossing it out and the whole world moving on by tomorrow because Trump says something that puts is in harms way again sdddd

IDK what is being expected here. Bran is not popular anymore so shes not going to be the top headline whenever she releases anyway, and especially when all rest of the artists get back to full promotion mode. Bey, Rih, and Adele are gonna be ready with new music by the time this all over
good luck to her

Le Champ

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on March 25, 2020, 04:27:33 PM
Unless she had a bunch a promo set up for this week which it didn't seem like she did I don't see the point in postponing. People are Home, Bored and streaming this sad situation we are in right now might have actually benefited her.

Well I think all things are pointing to the fact that she did have promo lined up lol
Kipp mentioned it and Bran alluded to having a proper setup in her message.

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 25, 2020, 04:23:13 PM
Quote from: AJ on March 25, 2020, 04:18:19 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on March 25, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
She needs a hit .. you can't read?
define hit. because im not expecting her to be top 20 on the hot 100. so what are your thoughts?

It doesn't matter what you see or not. It's none of what you THOUGHT how the single will chart like Whitney told Wendy......It's what's gonna happen. Seriously though ...I think we should let go of expectations. No reason why she isn't capable of going to the top 10 on HOT 100. My opinion.

!!!! Hundred percent agree with you

Brandy is brandy she can get a hit. Imo as well

RAY7

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on March 25, 2020, 04:27:33 PM
even if she had promo she could've still done it
these late shows are still on and having artists skype in performances and interview
the only thing that should be stopping this girl is if SHE has the virus God forbid

Le Champ

Ummm...yea call me naive but Bran can definitely churn out more hits, especially in R&B which is reemerging. The Brandy is washed narrative is a bit presumptuous. I mean the girl just hit #1 on urban A/C and got a Grammy nomination without a lick of promo...not one performance or video :dead: She just needs the right songs.

Opposites Attract.

Yeah pushing back the single talking about a proper set up seems late and out of touch. She easily could have sat her ass on Live and performed her old shit rn and drew in a huge audience got free press from that and announced her new single coming Friday. 

Like girl. 

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Monika

Yahudah

RAY7

Quote from: Le Champ on March 25, 2020, 04:35:06 PM
Ummm...yea call me naive but Bran can definitely churn out more hits, especially in R&B which is reemerging. The Brandy is washed narrative is a bit presumptuous. I mean the girl just hit #1 on urban A/C and got a Grammy nomination without a lick of promo...not one performance or video :dead: She just needs the right songs.
which is EXACTLY why this pushback is dumb
how does this song NEED this perfect rollout and that one didnt? :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

Alpha

Quote from: MCMXCVI. on March 25, 2020, 04:36:01 PM
Yeah pushing back the single talking about a proper set up seems late and out of touch. She easily could have sat her ass on Live and performed her old shit rn and drew in a huge audience got free press from that and announced her new single coming Friday.

Like girl.

Not really. Nobody is releasing during the Rona era because they won't be able to properly promote it and it could possibly be overshadowed. Sis is doing the right thing