Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: silentbx on March 25, 2020, 07:03:36 PM
Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on March 25, 2020, 04:27:33 PM
Unless she had a bunch a promo set up for this week which it didn't seem like she did I don't see the point in postponing. People are Home, Bored and streaming this sad situation we are in right now might have actually benefited her.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/03/24/music-streaming-is-declining/
:young:

FRANCE

Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:08:48 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

Zankou.

Quote from: Baph Bunny. on March 25, 2020, 07:18:12 PM
Quote from: silentbx on March 25, 2020, 07:03:36 PM
Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on March 25, 2020, 04:27:33 PM
Unless she had a bunch a promo set up for this week which it didn't seem like she did I don't see the point in postponing. People are Home, Bored and streaming this sad situation we are in right now might have actually benefited her.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/03/24/music-streaming-is-declining/
:young:

n

b7

Quote from: KippDaddy on March 25, 2020, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 04:14:44 PM
I get it. As fans it would be a nice gift but they seemingly had so much planned around the song and radio/tv was a big part of that.

May be a bit old school to some, but I'm sure she doesn't want to waste a feature with chance by just tossing it out and the whole world moving on by tomorrow because Trump says something that puts is in harms way again sdddd

This is like the best time to stream but the worst time for everything else. A singles success (even moderate) would do a lot more for her era and album. No need to associate it with this corona virus era

I have a feeling we'll be back to "normal" within a month or so in terms of not having to stay in the house. Trump is insane and keeps talking about Easter  :kii:

I kinda disagree lol and we usually see eye to eye .

Lol I have reservations about the pushback.   We know how hiccups derail her focus lol
this is true but i just don't see them wasting tons of money on a single and video like that

Our ONE saving grace is the fact that a video has already been shot

b7

Quote from: Young on March 25, 2020, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on March 25, 2020, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: M-Rocka on March 25, 2020, 01:38:52 PM

Postponed. Fuck this damn virus. :uhh:
Finally, we're not just left wondering.

She said this with so much inner peace too.

I receive this Queen

:stressed:

I'll wait...
i was about to fuuuume thinking she was getting on IG to Join the little singing challenge mess Sndndndndnfnnf

Queen knew BETTER after last years lashings

wizzy

I hope HE'S available to help promote when they decide the time is right to drop the single
not another era of her spinning in a circle swinging her arms or tryna rap his verse like those TAOL performances

BRockaBaby

Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:18:33 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

Understandable. But a part of me feels like this was a tough decision for her and her team. Who knows if a Bran was fighting to keep the release on Friday. She may not have wanted to push it back hence why she didn't say anything.

Now yes she took the date out of her bio but she may have only done that because she knew Friday was in jeopardy. But mama may have been fighting.

Either way this is a huge improvement for a bran. Not only did she let us know but she got straight to the shit. No cryptic messages where we are having to dig around to solve the riddle.

I use....

FRANCE

Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:36:56 PM

what else is going on?

Understandable. But a part of me feels like this was a tough decision for her and her team. Who knows if a Bran was fighting to keep the release on Friday. She may not have wanted to push it back hence why she didn't say anything.

Now yes she took the date out of her bio but she may have only done that because she knew Friday was in jeopardy. But mama may have been fighting.

Either way this is a huge improvement for a bran. Not only did she let us know but she got straight to the shit. No cryptic messages where we are having to dig around to solve the riddle.

I use....

I dont see this as a huge improvement at all. Brandy always cancels shit last minute (like the show last year in Washington), or she says nothing at all. A huge improvement wouldve been talking to her fans from a couple weeks ago about what is going on with the virus, or at least giving us something like a IG Live Q&A today or tomorrow for her upcoming album, sing a couple songs and reach out to her fans who have been ever so patient with her. THAT would be a huge improvement, instead of dropping a little clip, disabling her comment feature from the post and vanishing into oblivion.

And let's be clear. One of the only reasons why the blow is softened about the single being postponed is because Kipp told us days before. If it wasnt for him, we would've still not been in the know, which is why Bran spilled the tea and shut off her comments, just like she did last yr when she cancelled her big show.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: hewritez on March 25, 2020, 05:34:51 PM
I just hope the song doesn't go to waste
cause we talked about "Black Pepper" for damn near a decade

Yep and no one but her and tim have heard it

Young

Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: Young on March 25, 2020, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on March 25, 2020, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: M-Rocka on March 25, 2020, 01:38:52 PM

Postponed. Fuck this damn virus. :uhh:
Finally, we're not just left wondering.

She said this with so much inner peace too.

I receive this Queen

:stressed:

I'll wait...
i was about to fuuuume thinking she was getting on IG to Join the little singing challenge mess Sndndndndnfnnf

Queen knew BETTER after last years lashings

Snsnssnddddd

!!!!

BayBEE...!

Le Champ

I also want to point out like others have that Queen sounds damn good. That voice is just butter

Le Champ

Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:36:56 PM

what else is going on?

I use....

I dont see this as a huge improvement at all. Brandy always cancels shit last minute (like the show last year in Washington), or she says nothing at all. A huge improvement wouldve been talking to her fans from a couple weeks ago about what is going on with the virus, or at least giving us something like a IG Live Q&A today or tomorrow for her upcoming album, sing a couple songs and reach out to her fans who have been ever so patient with her. THAT would be a huge improvement, instead of dropping a little clip, disabling her comment feature from the post and vanishing into oblivion.

And let's be clear. One of the only reasons why the blow is softened about the single being postponed is because Kipp told us days before. If it wasnt for him, we would've still not been in the know, which is why Bran spilled the tea and shut off her comments, just like she did last yr when she cancelled her big show.

I mean it sounds like they just made the final decision yesterday to postpone. Kipp said there were discussions but they didn't get final word until this week. It's Wednesday. What sense would it have made for her to get online and say "might cancel...not sure...stay tuned!"  :dead: :dead: :dead:

4ever_A.jamal

what else is going on?

Totally agree with this! That, coupled with not seemingly having anything to drop in it's place. Ghan I know you love your stars so with all the anticipation and hype built up it would seem like you might give us another "Silent Night" type gift or something at least in place of BM for now

Pretty please  :blush:

Monika

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on March 25, 2020, 05:20:55 PM
Ooo yea if the Coronavirus only gets worst we will never get it messing with Brandy and her team.
wow...
Yahudah