American Music Awards (Official Thread )

Started by Young, November 19, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Mel. on November 20, 2017, 01:16:58 AM
When I see comments like this
that?s really all the validation I need
not any of yours...
when legends SEE IT, that?s ALL that matters

Cher @cher

What My Sweet Friend XTINA Did Tonight Was Beyond Singing....An Angel Touched Her Lips...And She FLEW

i adore mel
but my goodness
:dead:
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: FadedEnvy on November 20, 2017, 03:29:40 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 20, 2017, 03:10:33 AM
I'm scared to listen to Xtina's tribute :plzstop:

I just saw a clip on IG and it sounds like she's pushing out SHIT :uhh:

You must've seen a clip of the better half. :plzstop:

y'all are so rude
:plzstop:
BRANDY

Eternal Bell

November 20, 2017, 04:01:47 AM #333 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:02:50 AM by TinKPOP
new york time weighs in on tha AMA's!
Best

Pink

Anyone who has seen Pink live knows her acrobatic abilities. But she outdid herself during a version of ?Beautiful Trauma? by enlisting a group of aerial performers who suspended themselves hundreds of feet in the air in front of the JW Marriott hotel in Los Angeles, for a spectacular routine that was part Cirque de Soleil, part Bruce Willis in ?Die Hard.? By some distance (not to mention, height) the best moment of the night.

Demi Lovato

Lovato began her performance with a blast of the kind of hateful tweets that she (and many pop stars) have to digest daily. But living well is the best revenge, and the confident, gospel-powered version of ?Sorry Not Sorry? saw her doing just that. It?s taken a while for Lovato to reach her potential, but she?s finally doing it.

Portugal the Man

The alt-rock group have had the sleeper hit of the year with ?Feel it Still? and they used their first moment in the sun to troll the EDM artists at the AMAs by appearing in front of the message ?no computers up here, just live instruments.? That?s not to say the Portland band are especially good, or deserve props for their obnoxiously Luddite stance, but in such a limp ceremony, it was the closest thing to controversy offered up by anybody, all night.

BTS

Singing along to their track ?DNA? is a little tough for anyone not fluent in Korean, but the K-Pop stars showed why they?re such a sensation in the Far East with some dazzling choreography, and the best set of jackets in the entire auditorium.

Worst

Pink and Kelly Clarkson

Sure, it?s been a tough year for a variety of reasons. But is an overly earnest cover of R.E.M.?s ?Everybody Hurts? performed by Pink and Kelly Clarkson really likely to make any of us feel better? Unless cringing is the cure for what ails you, the answer has to be ?no.?

Christina Aguilera

Regardless of the talent lined up to do it, a tribute to Whitney Houston and the record-breaking soundtrack to ?The Bodyguard? (released 25 years ago) was always going to be a poisoned chalice. Even Aguilera?s famed vocal range was never likely to do justice to Whitney?s soul and power, and ?The Voice? judge could do little but stumble through a clumsy medley of ?I Will Always Love You,? ?I Have Nothing,? ?Run to You? and ?I?m Every Woman? in a manner that was best suited to a three-star cruise ship. Let?s never speak of it again.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/the-best-and-worst-of-the-2017-amas/

BigDawg

Quote from: TinKPOP on November 20, 2017, 04:01:47 AM
Best

Pink

Anyone who has seen Pink live knows her acrobatic abilities. But she outdid herself during a version of ?Beautiful Trauma? by enlisting a group of aerial performers who suspended themselves hundreds of feet in the air in front of the JW Marriott hotel in Los Angeles, for a spectacular routine that was part Cirque de Soleil, part Bruce Willis in ?Die Hard.? By some distance (not to mention, height) the best moment of the night.

Demi Lovato

Lovato began her performance with a blast of the kind of hateful tweets that she (and many pop stars) have to digest daily. But living well is the best revenge, and the confident, gospel-powered version of ?Sorry Not Sorry? saw her doing just that. It?s taken a while for Lovato to reach her potential, but she?s finally doing it.

Portugal the Man

The alt-rock group have had the sleeper hit of the year with ?Feel it Still? and they used their first moment in the sun to troll the EDM artists at the AMAs by appearing in front of the message ?no computers up here, just live instruments.? That?s not to say the Portland band are especially good, or deserve props for their obnoxiously Luddite stance, but in such a limp ceremony, it was the closest thing to controversy offered up by anybody, all night.

BTS

Singing along to their track ?DNA? is a little tough for anyone not fluent in Korean, but the K-Pop stars showed why they?re such a sensation in the Far East with some dazzling choreography, and the best set of jackets in the entire auditorium.

Worst

Pink and Kelly Clarkson

Sure, it?s been a tough year for a variety of reasons. But is an overly earnest cover of R.E.M.?s ?Everybody Hurts? performed by Pink and Kelly Clarkson really likely to make any of us feel better? Unless cringing is the cure for what ails you, the answer has to be ?no.?

Christina Aguilera

Regardless of the talent lined up to do it, a tribute to Whitney Houston and the record-breaking soundtrack to ?The Bodyguard? (released 25 years ago) was always going to be a poisoned chalice. Even Aguilera?s famed vocal range was never likely to do justice to Whitney?s soul and power, and ?The Voice? judge could do little but stumble through a clumsy medley of ?I Will Always Love You,? ?I Have Nothing,? ?Run to You? and ?I?m Every Woman? in a manner that was best suited to a three-star cruise ship. Let?s never speak of it again.

DAMN

:plzstop:

To me, her vocals seemed rushed and extremely lazy. Then of course she tried to save face with those nauseating runs she does.

Rxxf

the diana ross performance and segment was good
her little grandson
:kii:
BRANDY

Rxxf

Best

Pink

Demi Lovato

Portugal the Man

BTS

Worst

Pink and Kelly Clarkson

Christina Aguilera

death
BRANDY

Young

Young

Sure Gladys and the gorls were chuned in a bit lolz

GRAND

#Mu7

Don't know what is going on in here but Xtina let me down I thought this would be a triumphant return for her but it was not.

There is no hate or malice in my message. I want her to win. For you Mel, to say that Brandy could never handle Run To You  or do.it decent nigha go over there and have a seat. Brandy is a singer and because she knows her voice she would never get up there and deliver a trash as performance as such.

I may be pissed as fuck with her but what you're not gonna do is come for the fucking queen with your delusions of grandeur...

Young

b7

Quote from: Freeruu on November 20, 2017, 01:49:56 AM
now the real mess

selena gorl what happened here
Quirky!  Lorde!

n

Fucking please

Palladium

Best

Pink

Demi Lovato

Portugal the Man

BTS

Worst

Pink and Kelly Clarkson

Christina Aguilera

:ack: