Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: M??D?? on December 27, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
I have such a hard time forgiving people and letting go of resentment when I feel wronged.

I know it's not healthy, but it's hard to get over that shit sometimes.
!!!!
ugh and getting betrayed is the worst feelings

I think it's because I have a hard time feeling ppl are genuine
"well I apologized, what else do you want, my blood?"

and i'm like ... well.... now that you mention it

H.#.G.*.Z

b7

Quote from: Lazarus on December 27, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on December 27, 2017, 12:10:09 AM
Back to my random thought ..  i pray Brandy is still working with dope young producers but quality ones as well

U hear some of these girls go independent and their music sounds soooo cheap. These Faith Evans projects have been HORRIBLE

Yeah Something About Faith is in the pits. Incomparable was slightly better. She needs to let the disco incorporated/influenced tracks to too but I understand that's her thing.
her voice is sooo much better than that too. And her artistry cuz she has a lot of dope nuances that people don?t discuss in the general public

Everyone doesn?t have to be experimental but she should explore a little

MAY

Quote from: BENTLEY on December 27, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: M??D?? on December 27, 2017, 01:07:45 PM
I have such a hard time forgiving people and letting go of resentment when I feel wronged.

I know it's not healthy, but it's hard to get over that shit sometimes.
!!!!
ugh and getting betrayed is the worst feelings

I think it's because I have a hard time feeling ppl are genuine
"well I apologized, what else do you want, my blood?"

and i'm like ... well.... now that you mention it

!!!!

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

"What else you want me to do?
Get on my knees and beg?"

ME:

b7

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on December 27, 2017, 12:51:27 PM
2017 sucked!

I did some stupid shit but it was all a learning lesson. I have a better idea of who I am these days.
!!!!

I?m making changes NOW too. No waiting for some magical mess in 2018

I gotta make shit happen

MAY

Rig, you're so positive. Seriously, you seem like such a genuine spirit and wise beyond your years.

I admire you.

jtwoeleven

Quote from: BENTLEY on December 27, 2017, 10:48:05 AM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 27, 2017, 12:18:18 AM
I just finished college finally after several years (non-consecutively) and two breaks...and now...im at at loss of what to do next, and where to start...
understood. don't sweat it too much!

I feel like college is promoted as ESSENTIAL to the American Dream, when it's really just an experience

It's educating ourselves that is essential. And that is really only a portion of the shit we go through in the American College system, it's alot of extra FLUFF that they present in a nicely wrapped package and CHARGE us for :uhh:

Me and my brothers in sister did the same thing. Graduated high school, gotta work hard, gotta get scholarships!
i got out and the jobs were listed to where I could barely make RENT and afford a car. And this is after the wait period of finding a damn job. I was PISSED and angry for a couple years.
:hmph:

but I tell ppl to just take college as an experience, my education is actually still going, just learning about life in general.

that's what I suggest, just continue to move yourself toward the things you're interested in, or passionate about... it's like being a rabbit, when the right opportunity presents itself, hop on it. But never get stuck, what is right, may only be right for right now... use it and then hop on the next opportunity. Good luck!

I really appreciate this...from both of you guys!

The main issue that's a drag now is the money...I kept putting it on the backburner to focus on my classes. But in the time I've been in school, the cost of classes per credit hour have more than DOUBLED. I used to be able to cover my expenses with my loans and a potential scholarship/grant if I was blessed to get one...

This past semester was a different story. My school took almost 2/3 of the semester to let me know I wasn't getting any aid. I would've been fine with that, I wish I knew sooner so I could tackle that in another way...

Anyways, academically I should be done, even though they've added courses to the general graduation requirements. But I won't get my degree since I still owe the school money, and it's enough to consider taking out a private student loan since I was told my federal borrowing was maxed out. So, I guess that's what I'll focus on while doing the job search.

But thanks again for your input, guys.

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: 1RIG on December 27, 2017, 01:18:25 PM
Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on December 27, 2017, 12:51:27 PM
2017 sucked!

I did some stupid shit but it was all a learning lesson. I have a better idea of who I am these days.
!!!!

I gotta make shit happen
Right. I believe if someone's serious about change there really shouldn't be a start date involved.

but it's kinda conditioning of culture/tradition so it's understandable when people set their resolutions.

not a totally bad idea anyway. at least it gets people thinking about what could improve moving forward.

Lazarus

Quote from: 1RIG on December 27, 2017, 01:17:43 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on December 27, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on December 27, 2017, 12:10:09 AM
Back to my random thought ..  i pray Brandy is still working with dope young producers but quality ones as well

U hear some of these girls go independent and their music sounds soooo cheap. These Faith Evans projects have been HORRIBLE

Yeah Something About Faith is in the pits. Incomparable was slightly better. She needs to let the disco incorporated/influenced tracks to too but I understand that's her thing.
her voice is sooo much better than that too. And her artistry cuz she has a lot of dope nuances that people don?t discuss in the general public

Everyone doesn?t have to be experimental but she should explore a little

Yeah she definitely should consider exploring and experimenting a bit because... :dead:

Stewie

Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 27, 2017, 01:54:15 PM
Quote from: BENTLEY on December 27, 2017, 10:48:05 AM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 27, 2017, 12:18:18 AM
I just finished college finally after several years (non-consecutively) and two breaks...and now...im at at loss of what to do next, and where to start...
understood. don't sweat it too much!

I feel like college is promoted as ESSENTIAL to the American Dream, when it's really just an experience

It's educating ourselves that is essential. And that is really only a portion of the shit we go through in the American College system, it's alot of extra FLUFF that they present in a nicely wrapped package and CHARGE us for :uhh:

Me and my brothers in sister did the same thing. Graduated high school, gotta work hard, gotta get scholarships!
i got out and the jobs were listed to where I could barely make RENT and afford a car. And this is after the wait period of finding a damn job. I was PISSED and angry for a couple years.
:hmph:

but I tell ppl to just take college as an experience, my education is actually still going, just learning about life in general.

that's what I suggest, just continue to move yourself toward the things you're interested in, or passionate about... it's like being a rabbit, when the right opportunity presents itself, hop on it. But never get stuck, what is right, may only be right for right now... use it and then hop on the next opportunity. Good luck!

I really appreciate this...from both of you guys!

The main issue that's a drag now is the money...I kept putting it on the backburner to focus on my classes. But in the time I've been in school, the cost of classes per credit hour have more than DOUBLED. I used to be able to cover my expenses with my loans and a potential scholarship/grant if I was blessed to get one...

This past semester was a different story. My school took almost 2/3 of the semester to let me know I wasn't getting any aid. I would've been fine with that, I wish I knew sooner so I could tackle that in another way...

Anyways, academically I should be done, even though they've added courses to the general graduation requirements. But I won't get my degree since I still owe the school money, and it's enough to consider taking out a private student loan since I was told my federal borrowing was maxed out. So, I guess that's what I'll focus on while doing the job search.

But thanks again for your input, guys.

Pay them their money and get that degree

FlowerBomb

What if he proposes?
Will I be a two time divorcee  before I hit 26?
I don?t wanna be alone forever
I feel like he?s the one
I wish men could get pregnant so I could trap him lol

b7

Quote from: M??D?? on December 27, 2017, 01:21:34 PM
Rig, you're so positive. Seriously, you seem like such a genuine spirit and wise beyond your years.

I admire you.
i love YOU. i cant believe we haven't met yet but we will

that means so much to me. Im working on being all of those things at all times  :'(  thank you
so much. you have a huge heart

b7

Quote from: black nerd. on December 27, 2017, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on December 27, 2017, 01:18:25 PM
2017 sucked!

!!!!

I gotta make shit happen
Right. I believe if someone's serious about change there really shouldn't be a start date involved.

but it's kinda conditioning of culture/tradition so it's understandable when people set their resolutions.

not a totally bad idea anyway. at least it gets people thinking about what could improve moving forward.
!!! i remember u saying this in years past and i couldn't agree more

we have to go beyond what sounds good and start the work right away, bit by bit. Everyone's different of course and we all have our own work to do, but i think that aspect of it is universal. It's like a fine line between positive planning for the future, and flat out procrastination IMO ssssss