Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ton

August 25, 2018, 10:42:50 PM #450 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:43:10 PM by ton
Black history is interesting though

After slavery we rebelled and created our own.... Somehow they forced and convinced us to fit in... And i feel like that lasted until Obama and Trayvon :dead: because in the 2000s I feel like we still believed we were almost as equal as anyone else

I'm honestly glad we left that facade, because the girls have been LIVING for some years now in a way like no other and I'm loving it.

This board is a big part of the way I view humanity and colorism

ton

Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:28:03 PM
There's a tug of war between Blacks and Whites that has been ongoing with Egypt.

You have the hoteps in one corner and Suzie and John in the other dressed up in their best Halloween costume in the other.

But the empire was neither "White" nor "Black", generally speaking. They conducted DNA testing on the mummies - research which seems to be unbiased.

The mummies tested closer to Middle Eastern populations.

https://www.nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069
'xxxzxccccxx

It's literally next door

And by the paintings on the wall I thought it was obvious it was a mixed place

That's why is a kii to see blacks AND whites try to claim the mess

It's even more annoying when blacks do it though, to me, because there's literally 500000 other African countries but we focus on the one where there's coincidentally a bunch of fair skinned people

But, I have to remember where we were raised
The Egyptians largely looked like POC to me.

I'd say that movie posted in here depicts them more as a "bunch of fair skinned people".

If you search for their self depictions, you'll see a lot of color.

But I just wouldn't say they were White, or Black.
definitely
And when I say mixed I mean mostly black anyway  :dead:

I have a habit of referring to black as anything darker than a brown paper bag but I know that's not reality

Which is I said mixed because they had a bunch of pale girls on the walls too, but I know they were black as well

Sinpool

Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:42:50 PM

After slavery we rebelled and created our own.... Somehow they forced and convinced us to fit in... And i feel like that lasted until Obama and Trayvon :dead: because in the 2000s I feel like we still believed we were almost as equal as anyone else

I'm honestly glad we left that facade, because the girls have been LIVING for some years now in a way like no other and I'm loving it.

!!!!!
The way the girls had just accepted that black people we're supposed to be a certain way because white peopel told them.

It warms my heart to see little niglets of today expressing themselves the way they feel instead of trying to chase a stereotype.

Like girl the biggest music genre of today is Punk Trap.

:omf:

ton

Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:41:47 PM
The only thing I love about Hoteps is when they go toe to toe with black Christians.

It's just funny cause black atheism or whatever is new so the Christians just be shook and just clutch their pearls the whole time instead of debating.

CXXXX

I haven't seen this yet OMG

ton

Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:43:45 PM
Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:36:15 PM
Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:21:54 PM
I feel like black people should focus on other places in West Africa, East Africa, South Africa hell even Nubia instead of latching onto Egypt anyway.
I think first and foremost should be the communities here right in America.

More businesses, more money flowing. Lots of work to do right at ground zero. :omf:

While these hoteps dedicate their entire lives to proving slave ships never existed and mess.

sdklfnlfgg

We love Africa! Team Africa! But remember guys we're not from Africa! We are true Native Americas! Even though we're from Israel! True Israelites!
:plzstop:
ininsfnifnifsnnsni

Dey lying!

How the FUCK did I end up with a White ass surname then?

XZXXXXXXXXXXX

When I found out my mom's name was a huge white name based in Georgia

I knew I was only 5 generations from slavery and disgusted :omf:

ton

August 25, 2018, 10:51:23 PM #455 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:51:42 PM by ton
Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:45:42 PM

!!!!!
The way the girls had just accepted that black people we're supposed to be a certain way because white peopel told them.

It warms my heart to see little niglets of today expressing themselves the way they feel instead of trying to chase a stereotype.

!!!!!  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I live whenever I see the girls with 'nappy' hair just SPROUTING
Can you believe 10 years ago that was a read? :omf: :omf:

Sinpool

Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:46:21 PM
Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:41:47 PM
The only thing I love about Hoteps is when they go toe to toe with black Christians.

It's just funny cause black atheism or whatever is new so the Christians just be shook and just clutch their pearls the whole time instead of debating.

CXXXX

I haven't seen this yet OMG

I was shook people in my area have become hoteps and they post dumb shit but when they argue with people from my hometown I cry.

Hotep: Jesus ain't real

Christian: Jabari! What??? Your grandma didn't raise you this way!

Hotep: White people used Christianity as to enslave blacks

Christian: Rydell what do you believe in brother! If you can't believe in GOD!

I be damns crying cause the main folks defending Christianity just do it because. They don't even go to church or practice 100%

Young

ton

Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:49:33 PM
I feel like black people should focus on other places in West Africa, East Africa, South Africa hell even Nubia instead of latching onto Egypt anyway.

More businesses, more money flowing. Lots of work to do right at ground zero. :omf:

While these hoteps dedicate their entire lives to proving slave ships never existed and mess.

sdklfnlfgg

We love Africa! Team Africa! But remember guys we're not from Africa! We are true Native Americas! Even though we're from Israel! True Israelites!
ininsfnifnifsnnsni

Dey lying!

XZXXXXXXXXXXX

I honestly considered getting rid of my last name and changing it.
After really KNOWING where it comes from. I was disgusted as well once I really thought of things deeper.

But then I was like...this is my father's name. This is his family's name.
Unless they all plan on removing their tea too, I won't do it. Cuz it'd feel more like I'm tearing myself away from THEM than it would me tearing myself away from the byproducts of slavery.

And besides, it comes with the territory with being African American. Nothing to be ashamed of.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I wish blacks in American would embrace who they are

Yes we're this, yes, we're that, SO?

Who fucking cares

Don't try to be African or European if you don't want to

Thats not who you are TODAY

ton

Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 11:10:58 PM
Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:51:23 PM
Quote from: Sinyonc? on August 25, 2018, 10:45:42 PM

!!!!!

!!!!!  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I live whenever I see the girls with 'nappy' hair just SPROUTING
Can you believe 10 years ago that was a read? :omf: :omf:
I love how it's become normalized.

I think it'll even help people in the workplace who want to rock their natural tea.

If it's seen more on TVs, in the streets, it won't be such a SHOCK when an employer sees a woman walking in with her Afro.

So many of them are used to seeing those weaves and close fades.
<SDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

sometimes I wanna grow my MESS to be 'more black', but then I feel like I'm being extra because its not who I am

because, I honestly HATE having to wake up 30 mins extra to fix my hair. I grew my mess out twice in my life, and both times I was annoyed as FUCK having to wake up early to style it or check the shit throughout the day

Its just not me  :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

emzen

Have y'all ever stumbled into those what's a secret that could ruin your life? threads on reddit? I've been reading one for the past hour and

GOOD
LORD

Even if just half of this shit is true I am stunned. :plzstop:

ton

Sinpool

Quote from: emzen on August 25, 2018, 11:18:23 PM
Have y'all ever stumbled into those what's a secret that could ruin your life? threads on reddit? I've been reading one for the past hour and

GOOD
LORD

Even if just half of this shit is true I am stunned. :plzstop:

link?

ton

Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 11:13:45 PM
Quote from: Ash Sharqiyah on August 25, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Quote from: ton on August 25, 2018, 10:49:33 PM

sdklfnlfgg

ininsfnifnifsnnsni

Dey lying!

XZXXXXXXXXXXX

I honestly considered getting rid of my last name and changing it.
After really KNOWING where it comes from. I was disgusted as well once I really thought of things deeper.

But then I was like...this is my father's name. This is his family's name.
Unless they all plan on removing their tea too, I won't do it. Cuz it'd feel more like I'm tearing myself away from THEM than it would me tearing myself away from the byproducts of slavery.

And besides, it comes with the territory with being African American. Nothing to be ashamed of.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I wish blacks in American would embrace who they are

Yes we're this, yes, we're that, SO?

Who fucking cares

Don't try to be African or European if you don't want to

Thats not who you are TODAY
Nothing wrong with learning about your roots, etc.
And even embracing it. White people definitely embrace their Irish or British roots, or German, whatever.
Although they were born here and are generations separated from that land.

But they focused on the now as well. They got their shit together and are putting in work.
Other minorities still honor their homeland (even when they are generations separated) but they put in WORK for now. And look out their communities HERE and NOW.

Nothing wrong with honoring your roots as long as you don't lose focus of the future.
Culture and roots don't pay bills. :omf:
!!!!!

Thats my only problem :omf:

I think because of how much we're told we're not in TUNE with our roots, some girls take it to the EXTREME and only focus on 1325 but we got 2019 to worry about as long as you're living in America :omf:

I just hope we continue to become better, because truthfully I see growth in our community and it makes me smile.