Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emzen

I got really high last night and reading about multiverse theory really tripped me up. The idea that there are infinite versions of myself possibly doing what I could only dream of or are dirt poor immigrant refugees or that I?m a fucking tentacle armed space monster is just  :plzstop:

And how black hole can warp space to such a degree that you can see the back of your own head etc...

The universe is frightening and exciting

FlowerBomb

Quote from: emzen on August 27, 2018, 11:59:54 AM
I got really high last night and reading about multiverse theory really tripped me up. The idea that there are infinite versions of myself possibly doing what I could only dream of or are dirt poor immigrant refugees or that I?m a fucking tentacle armed space monster is just  :plzstop:

And how black hole can warp space to such a degree that you can see the back of your own head etc...

The universe is frightening and exciting
:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

FlowerBomb

emzen

Quote from: Masochist on August 27, 2018, 12:02:13 PM
link me hun'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

It can?t be proven or disproven but just reading about it fucks my brain so hard. It?s literally infinite

Kurama

:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

One of my favorite theories tbh.

I really liked reading about that "wall" outside of our universe too.

🦚

My ?ber driver just now :oof:

Ugh. Wish there was a way to request him all the time.  :nogrammynoneck:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Admin

I think time travel theories are very interesting too. There's actually an astronaut from the ISS that's 0.02 seconds in the future since he returned to earth.

ton

Time freaks me out

The fact that I can 'skip' time here on Earth if I travel at a fast enough speed bothers me

That goes beyond how I feel about science and religion

Kurama

ton

Kurama

dfdf

Time didn't start freaking me out until recently. I think it's because I started realizing that time isn't as infinite as it seems when you're younger. The more time you are afforded the more you have to recognize that the human experience is coming to an end.

Eh, I hate it but I knew it would happen. I had(ve) Peter pan complex when I was a teen, I used to cry during birthdays n shit  :plzstop:

emzen

Quote from: ton on August 27, 2018, 01:21:17 PM
Time freaks me out

The fact that I can 'skip' time here on Earth if I travel at a fast enough speed bothers me

That goes beyond how I feel about science and religion

Even if you traveled at the speed of light it would take 25,000 years to get to the nearest galaxy. Enough time for civilization to die and come back probably 10 times or more.

It?s fucking crazy and really makes a small part of me think there must be some sort of higher being but that leads into how could such a being even exist.

como la whore

Quote from: emzen on August 27, 2018, 01:51:33 PM
Even if you traveled at the speed of light it would take 25,000 years to get to the nearest galaxy.

omg  :plzstop:
that is insane

we are literally nothing. a grain of sand in the universe.

Kurama

August 27, 2018, 02:41:30 PM #524 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:42:15 PM by Kurama
Quote from: chula. on August 27, 2018, 02:29:48 PM
Quote from: emzen on August 27, 2018, 01:51:33 PM
Even if you traveled at the speed of light it would take 25,000 years to get to the nearest galaxy.

omg  :plzstop:
that is insane

we are literally nothing. a grain of sand in the universe.

!!!
Which is why I trip sometimes when thinking about the whole life after death theory. Seems like "heaven" could just be another spot in some universe but who's to say we deserve this spot? Human beings as a species are trash. We think so highly of ourselves but advanced civilizations pay us dust (or we can go with the we're the only ones in the universe, which also makes my point) and a benevolent force that runs the universe might not see it for us either.