Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

can i even cash this mess?

August 29, 2018, 02:55:42 PM #585 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:56:37 PM by i likes tah fight!
Quote from: Young on August 29, 2018, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: i likes tah fight! on August 29, 2018, 02:38:47 PM
Quote from: Young on August 29, 2018, 02:24:45 PM
speaking of education,

I'm at SUCH a crossroads rn. I want to Get a masters in something different I'm feeling like.
I would really love to get into the computer/graphics design/animation world But I just don't know ....ugh
And it doesn't seem to be all that lucrative for everyone. And I cant deal with that

n

Part of me wants to move into Psychology too but I'm being advised not too. I hate being this indecisive. But I guess I'm at the most opportune point my life rn to really make a change if I have to desire to.
I think with the graphics design field it's all about the clients you're able to grab.

If you can grab big clients it's definitely big bucks.

You'll figure it out. Your time in the military - especially with the Air Force...is gonna do you very well regardless.

I spent a couple weeks with an Air Force gorl. You muthafuckas are treated like royalty. :omf:
A two bedroom house in this Desperate Housewives Wisteria Lane ass neighborhood in England. All for one single womuh.

I was hatin'.

sdddddddddddd

yeah they treated me nicely. It was such a great experience. Although I still work w/ the government, I would not mind branching out into the "real" world .

I just really am trying to decide what I really REALLY see myself doing long term. Although I know I shouldn't look at that kind of decision as a concrete thing. If I want to change careers down the road I can, I guess.
I'd say that ideally it's a combo of what makes you happy and what's lucrative.

Some people are willing to forego financial comfort to do only what they love...I'm definitely not one of those people. :omf:  Since you're considering projected salaries, I assume you're not like that as well.

But you do seem to be in a place of indecisiveness. I'd say it's worth your time to look into hiring some sort of financial/career adviser. Not necessarily to dictate your moves, but a professional who'd be able to help you find that balance and simply give you something concrete to think about.

Young

Quote from: i likes tah fight! on August 29, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
speaking of education,

I'm at SUCH a crossroads rn. I want to Get a masters in something different I'm feeling like.
I would really love to get into the computer/graphics design/animation world But I just don't know ....ugh
And it doesn't seem to be all that lucrative for everyone. And I cant deal with that

n

Part of me wants to move into Psychology too but I'm being advised not too. I hate being this indecisive. But I guess I'm at the most opportune point my life rn to really make a change if I have to desire to.
I think with the graphics design field it's all about the clients you're able to grab.

You'll figure it out. Your time in the military - especially with the Air Force...is gonna do you very well regardless.

I spent a couple weeks with an Air Force gorl. You muthafuckas are treated like royalty. :omf:
A two bedroom house in this Desperate Housewives Wisteria Lane ass neighborhood in England. All for one single womuh.

I was hatin'.

sdddddddddddd

yeah they treated me nicely. It was such a great experience. Although I still work w/ the government, I would not mind branching out into the "real" world .

I just really am trying to decide what I really REALLY see myself doing long term. Although I know I shouldn't look at that kind of decision as a concrete thing. If I want to change careers down the road I can, I guess.

Some people are willing to forego financial comfort to do only what they love...I'm definitely not one of those people. :omf:  Since you're considering projected salaries, I assume you're not like that as well.

But you do seem to be in a place of indecisiveness. I'd say it's worth your time to look into hiring some sort of financial/career adviser. Not necessarily to dictate your moves, but a professional who'd be able to help you find that balance and simply give you something concrete to think about.

Yeah I honestly may have to :stressed:

I HATE this feeling though. I'm one who likes to have the next several years kinda planned/mapped out. ugh :stressed:

Quote from: Young on August 29, 2018, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: i likes tah fight! on August 29, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
speaking of education,

n

I was hatin'.

sdddddddddddd

Yeah I honestly may have to :stressed:

I HATE this feeling though. I'm one who likes to have the next several years kinda planned/mapped out. ugh :stressed:
You'll be good.

The fact that you actually care and worry about it is great within itself.

So many people out there just consumed with the "now" and not thinking very far at all.
You got this :sistas:

This damn heat today. MelMel I blame you :omf:

MelMel

I am so thankful for my sister man.

Literally the realest woman...hell realest PERSON I know period.

She was willing to TAKE it there with me and really break me down and hurt my feelings a bit by bringing up mistakes I made before...especially with Ken Dahl...in order to really keep me in line with this project and not RUSH it like I've done other things.

I had my whole "gonna be done by Winter 2017!  :-D " mess already lined up and she was like, "No, pump your breaks hun. You ain't fucking THIS up. I ain't allowing it. This ain't the project to rush. Nice that you had your date in mind, but you need to be back at the drawing board right now. "

Isn't exactly the stuff you WANNA hear when you feel you've got everything figured out. But I'm so lucky to have her in my corner. She reads me for fucking FILTH if she needs to , but don't let anyone else try it in front of her.  :dead: You better run once you're finished.  :plzstop:

Now that everything has come together, I have nothing but gratitude. Thank you for dragging me for filth and not letting up until you felt as if your point sunk into my hard ass head. That's what the fuck you call tough love.

I didn't think I'd actually learn something through this process but I have. I learned how to be patient.

August 29, 2018, 07:58:23 PM #591 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:51:18 PM by i likes tah fight!
- Some time ago, I participated in an African DNA study conducted by an African studies expert named Fonte Felipe ( https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com ).

- In exchange for my result data to add to his research, he gave me insight on what my African results could mean for me.

- My results kinda blew him away, as they are pretty rare. Out of the 350+ African Americans that participated in his study, only 13 of them scored higher than me in the "Ivory Coast/Ghana" area.

- Bad news was: Instead of just TWO countries where the hugest chunk of my African ancestry could "possibly" come from (Ivory Coast or Ghana), he informed me that it could even come from Liberia or Sierra Leone. At this point, I damn near gave up on the hope ever knowing where in Africa I am from. Like, I was LUCKY enough to have such a high concentration in one area, but why couldn't it be an area that is less ambiguous?

- But, now the good news: A cousin on AncestryDNA reached out, a cousin that has been able to trace the family back to a city named Sint in Sierra Leone.  So not only do I know the country, but I know the actual CITY in Sierra Leone where I come from.

Fonte Felipe was right. I just never thought I'd ever know which country it'd be out of the FOUR he gave me to work with. :plzstop: 

Here are my results compared to someone from Sierra Leone. As you can see, I'm right on their tail with my high concentration of "Ivory Coast/Ghana" .

AncestryDNA has no category for "Sierra Leone", so people with Sierra Leonean ancestry pull from that category instead.

My results:

Results of a Sierra Leonean:

I don't know where ALL my African ancestry comes from, but I'll definitely take knowing where the biggest chunk of  it comes from.

Either way, it'll have to do for now.
I'll have plenty more time to do this stuff when I'm much older and settled.
Simply "Black" will do for now. :omf:
Bitch I have WORK tah do!!!!

SOUTHSIDE JAMAICA QUEENS NIGGAS!

b7

Quote from: squid on August 29, 2018, 01:39:22 PM
When will people realize that education does not equal intelligence
whew preach baby

Ma Lo

There is so much peace being single and alone once you open your eyes to the joy and beauty of just working on yourself from the inside out. And saving your love and affection for someone who truly deserves it

Young

Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on August 29, 2018, 10:24:16 PM
There is so much peace being single and alone once you open your eyes to the joy and beauty of just working on yourself from the inside out. And saving your love and affection for someone who truly deserves it

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 1RIG on August 29, 2018, 10:07:55 PM
Quote from: squid on August 29, 2018, 01:39:22 PM
When will people realize that education does not equal intelligence
whew preach baby

YESS VONC was destroyed in hea :stressed:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

🦚

I don?t understand ppl that go to work and do the bare minimum. Like how why is you here?

And then when incentives get handed out they feel left out! Word?

You feel you deserve to get all these extra?s while not doing shit.

When their clients start asking do you have any more room on your portfolio  :plzstop:

My petty ass FWD the email req with them in the BCC  :welllol:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

emzen

Everytime I go out to club or whatever I?m just reminded how much I really don?t like it.  :plzstop:

I?m only 24 but just totally over it. I?m good to get high and just watch some shit on Hulu, I need some more homebody friends.

FlowerBomb

Quote from: emzen on August 30, 2018, 03:40:48 AM
Everytime I go out to club or whatever I?m just reminded how much I really don?t like it.  :plzstop:

I?m only 24 but just totally over it. I?m good to get high and just watch some shit on Hulu, I need some more homebody friends.
>>><<<