Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurama

Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on October 17, 2018, 06:06:26 PM
Quote from: Kurama on October 17, 2018, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: Young on October 17, 2018, 11:42:55 AM
Quote from: Kurama on October 17, 2018, 11:31:01 AM
I get it. Men aren't conditioned to be emotionally expressive. Gay men (especially gay Black men) are conditioned to live a covert life for most of their existence, so lying can become an intrinsic part of who we are.

Still, how accepting/understanding of this should you be when trying to build a relationship with someone. How does anyone build a real relationship without vulnerability and honesty? How long are you supposed to wait (if you even are) for everyone to realize this and get their shit together? If they ever do that is.

This is really true. I had a hard time in the start of my relationship for this very reason actually. And I had to lay it all out on the line and kinda drag him for fckn filth for it. I had to let him really understand that we cant GO anywhere, especially on a deeper level unless you open up and get thing in order internally. And that I need honesty and transparency. I need soul to soul love, not just keeping everything "cute" and putting on for the sake of it. It took a lil bit before it really got the way I wanted it to be tbh.

On the flipside, I myself had to realize that everyone is really different. I wear my heart and emotions on my sleeve and if I wanted to hide something, my face would say it anyway. So it was hard for me to understand his mentality behind being so closed off. But I would say there's no set time-limit on how long to wait for that kind of change. It really is a case by case basis mess. How long are you willing to wait, is the person worth it, is this the only issue they have, do they seem receptive to having dialogue about the issue(s), open to growth/change? etc...

All of this resonates with me, thank you. These questions are definitely important too. I have been evaluating things a lot and for me I think it boils down to the feeling that this will always be a thing while trying to connect with my ppl. I guess I am just approaching this place where I understand why this is an issue with us but does that mean I should quit trying to make intimate connections with folks until we're geezers? Its harmful to me and I think I'm drained trying to help others get to this place,  but if ppl like us dont who will? Meh idk.

Sadly Bre its not your responsibility to help anyone come to terms with who they are and some men are comfortable living a covert life as gay men for the rest of their lives....

This is also true too. Thank you bby
:stressed:

MelMel

Quote from: Baph McDavid. on October 18, 2018, 04:01:53 PM
Quote from: Baph McDavid. on October 17, 2018, 05:06:55 PM
Listening to the "Call me by your Name" ebook again....

Man.... I can never FULLY reach the end of the book. Shit hurts too fucking much. I'll finish this last part maybe this weekend. Thought about watching the movie but fuck that. I need TIME. maybe in a year or so.  Whew. My emotions have been all over the place the last 24 hours.
boy...

BAPHOMET.

MelMel

BAPHOMET.

That "boy" reeked of sarcasm bby

MelMel

Young

!!!

Spending the weekend with fam as well!

Young

October 19, 2018, 08:10:12 AM #1102 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:26:06 AM by Young
waiiiit

Amerie is kinda slaying with this EP

MelMel

ton

Is it HOMELESS PERSON BEG DAY

Fuck

Nigga I got bills too

Young

October 21, 2018, 03:15:17 PM #1105 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:15:28 PM by Young
Quote from: tontonton on October 21, 2018, 02:11:58 PM
Is it HOMELESS PERSON BEG DAY

Fuck

Nigga I got bills too

CNcncncncnvncnvnvncvnnvnc

I gave yesterday a bit to a man by the pizza place near me

It felt kinda good tbh :stressed:

🦚

I?d rather donate to a soup kitchen or a feed the homeless org.

I don?t want those dollars I give someone on the streets be the ones that buy them a hot shot.

And I?ve seen those homeless g?rls get rather feisty when someone offers to buy them a drink / food instead.  :raycharles2urmess:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

BAPHOMET.

Im sorry but i HATE  when a masseur is attractive.  :udontlookok:

I prefer female ones when i go with my friend. At least i know im not even going to remotely get turned on.

🦚

I?m not letting any ugly person touch me.

And so what if you get a bit arroused ...king might get the hint  :letsmessfag:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Baph McDavid. on October 21, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Im sorry but i HATE  when a masseur is attractive.  :udontlookok:

I prefer female ones when i go with my friend. At least i know im not even going to remotely get turned on.

What the heck

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different