Africans sold other Africans into slavery.

Started by Herb., November 11, 2015, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Perfect example of them not all being alike

So no need to lump us all together now as african americans

And we got sellouts on this hea board so

That shouldnt be a shock

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Herb.

Quote from: Lion Babe on November 11, 2015, 01:18:04 AM
The way this is framed is such a lie and that's why people get away with this argument.

Slavery before the slave trade was different. Most slaves were war captives and alot of them had the chance to eventually buy their way out of slavery. The slaves that were sold were either captives or stolen from other villages. It had nothing to do with HOW you looked.

Race as we know it didn't exist back then. The Africans didn't know wtf a black race was and neither did the Europeans, but now since race does exist as a social construct it's easy to say "Africans sold their family and friends" because we look at the race as a sort of kinship, but those people had no affiliation with the people they sold. It was bad, but it looks worse now because we view it as Blacks selling their family when in reality it was just people selling random people.
Wow.  :ohwow: u kinda booked.

Herb.

November 11, 2015, 01:26:03 AM #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:27:30 AM by Herbie
I get it, Zoe. There was no sense of "community".....rather every man for himself, in a sense. There was no need for community. They were one people, who looked the same on such a large continent . That was all they knew.

And I have to agree that these facts can definitely be "framed" to fit any individuals distinct agenda....

Sinpool

Quote from: Herbie on November 11, 2015, 01:26:03 AM
I get it, Zoe. There was no sense of "community".....rather every man for himself, in a sense. There was no need for community. They were one people, who looked the same on such a large continent . That was all they knew.

And I have to agree that these facts can definitely be "framed" to fit any individuals distinct agenda....

Because if you really look back at it nobody gave a damn about Race.

Aztec and Incas were fucking up other Natives like it wasn't nothing.
The British had the Irish perched in chains out in the fields with the Africans when they came to America.
China stayed lashing the other Asian countries
Africans were snatching Africans.

It wasn't until Europe colonized the whole damn world and set up the racial structure that things changed a bit and I mean it's still kinda the same now in Old World Countries.

I'm pretty sure Black Americans looked at the Rwandan war in confusion because all they saw were black people killing each other.

pCj

Miranda

November 11, 2015, 03:20:19 AM #20 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:16:54 AM by Miranda
White people still are the ones making the offers and starting the mess. The Africans didn't go to Europe shopping their war captives around. So really it doesn't matter. If you see somebody with such powerful weaponry willing to destroy you, you are more willing to "collaborate".

AIDS!

November 11, 2015, 04:02:29 AM #21 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:05:48 AM by Amir
Africans held their war prisoners as slaves and sold them to other kingdoms
They weren't chattel slaves, where the law applies to them as if they were property of another human being, but it was servitude.
Europeans played rival kingdoms against each other offering guns and assistance.
They played on their ignorance

iman

Quote from: Miranda on November 11, 2015, 03:20:19 AM
White people still are the ones making the offers and starting the mess. The Africans didn't go to Europe shopping their war captives around. So really it doesn't matter. If you see somebody with such powerful weaponry willing to destroy you are more willing to "collaborate".

Bentley!

Quote from: Kurama on November 11, 2015, 12:47:51 AM
Also its a parallel of Black people who throw others Black people under the bus now. Especially for the respect/acceptance of white people.

BLOOP!

And that's why I can't with the "black is always right" campaign. Let's love ourselves and our culture. But I don't support blacks that are detrimental to our cause just because they're black.

Miranda

Quote from: Bentley! on November 11, 2015, 08:26:22 AM
Also its a parallel of Black people who throw others Black people under the bus now. Especially for the respect/acceptance of white people.

BLOOP!

And that's why I can't with the "black is always right" campaign. Let's love ourselves and our culture. But I don't support blacks that are detrimental to our cause just because they're black.

I don't see the analogy. Back then white people hadn't put themselves in a culturally superior positions. They just tossed some useless strangers for nice weapons, or because they were threatened by them. Not because they wanted to be accepted by the whites.

Miranda

I had a class about n?gritude with literally only white people. nnn They are so quickly appalled and offended by revolting and fighting back. "But look at Gandhi! He was peaceful!".... Sis, and where is India now, still a self-hating, colorism, poverty struck pile of MESS...

Bentley!

Quote from: Miranda on November 11, 2015, 08:30:47 AM

BLOOP!

I don't see the analogy. Back then white people hadn't put themselves in a culturally superior positions. They just tossed some useless strangers for nice weapons, or because they were threatened by them. Not because they wanted to be accepted by the whites.
It had to begin somewhere tho. Slavery period is wrong to me
So whether they traded slaves or prisoners of war, it was the wrong thing to do imo

Miranda

Quote from: Bentley! on November 11, 2015, 08:37:32 AM
Quote from: Miranda on November 11, 2015, 08:30:47 AM

BLOOP!

It had to begin somewhere tho. Slavery period is wrong to me
So whether they traded slaves or prisoners of war, it was the wrong thing to do imo

Not in a racial crabs in the barrel context. Ethically you can argue it was wrong, but not in a racially charged inferiority complex way.

AIDS!

Servitude and Slavery are two different things