B7 IS FUCKING HERE!!!!!

Started by Heated🔥, June 30, 2020, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yearofbrandy

Kalifornia.

I told myself i wouldn't play A&R this time and just enjoy the music, but whatever...

Dropping an album 3 months from the first single wasn't a good idea imo. It's too long. Unless they had a strategic rollout, which they clearly don't.

In a perfect world she would've dropped "Bby Mama" on May 1.

"Borderline" would've been released on Jun 19, a couple of weeks before the BET Awards.

She would've given an iconic performance there bringing awareness to Black mental illness (if that's what the song is about).

The album would've been released last Friday (Jul 3). She could've used this week to promote and tie in Black mental awareness aspect.

:cheerup:

yearofbrandy

I think Baby Mama would had done a lot better if Covid 19 would not had happened. I really believed Brandy team had a nice set up for the release. Its so many shows and performances she could had done.  

Le Champ

Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 05, 2020, 11:45:04 PM
I told myself i wouldn't play A&R this time and just enjoy the music, but whatever...

Dropping an album 3 months from the first single wasn't a good idea imo. It's too long. Unless they had a strategic rollout, which they clearly don't.

"Borderline" would've been released on Jun 19, a couple of weeks before the BET Awards.

She would've given an iconic performance there bringing awareness to Black mental illness (if that's what the song is about).

The album would've been released last Friday (Jul 3). She could've used this week to promote and tie in Black mental awareness aspect.

Yea they started off strong but they kinda disappeared. Maybe they'll amp it up over the next few weeks.
I'm just ready for the music at this point.

Kalifornia.

I hope they step it up. It's a lot that she could be doing to generate buzz. 

She could call up Shar & Countess and put together something cute and post it. 

Do a Zoom mess and catch up with Jennifer Love Hewitt. 

Tap into the nostalgia. Remind people why they loved Brandy so much growing up. 

Kalifornia.

I'm high, but y'all get what I mean

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: yearofbrandy on July 05, 2020, 11:42:00 PM
What demo version
Just like 30 sec of the beginning that had leaked, it just sounded more on beat w/ different lyrics and lower pitch and thump. Had me ready to shake some ass
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

b7

At this point i think Queen just wants to record music that means something and put it out

The business aspect we can forget about or we'll just be forever frustrated. We gotta let it go ASAP
:omf:

Mrd0ndada

Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 06, 2020, 12:06:46 AM
I hope they step it up. It's a lot that she could be doing to generate buzz.

She could call up Shar & Countess and put together something cute and post it.

Do a Zoom mess and catch up with Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Tap into the nostalgia. Remind people why they loved Brandy so much growing up.

Great ideas.. she should def tap in
🙄

Le Champ

Quote from: RIGs on July 06, 2020, 12:12:59 AM
At this point i think Queen just wants to record music that means something and put it out

The business aspect we can forget about or we'll just be forever frustrated. We gotta let it go ASAP
I need both dammit :omf:

Andthecategoryis...

Ugh Rig we do have to let it go unless we are in her camp b/c it's so frustrating and the same thing repeatedly. Bran has never been great at marketing herself, thank goodness we had Sonja and that mouth for the early years. Bran has to be pushed
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Kalifornia.

I started reading this thread after smoking and the stan jumped out a bit

hhbbbb

:damselindistress:

JCJ 🪐

I think the responses would be different if she put out music regularly.  :dead:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

ReVon

Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 05, 2020, 11:45:04 PM

Well this ain't a perfect world Keri, so deal!  :plea:

BAPHOMET.

:disgusted: y'all really going up for this "Borderline" song. I dont see it for it.

now this damn "No Tomorrow" song is something I fucking NEED right now. Its kinda been stuck in my head  :everythingok: :usureuok: