Being Mary Jane & Survivor's Remorse Cancelled

Started by rosone1, October 11, 2017, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosone1

A series finale movie makes for a full circle, giving Being Mary Jane fitting bookends.

The decision to go with a movie in lieu of a fifth-season pickup comes three weeks after Being Mary Jane?s Season 4 finale aired on Sept. 19. Union, who stars as successful TV news anchor Mary Jane Paul, is set to return for the finale. It is unclear yet who else from the cast will be back, with the movie?s producing team also TBD. For the first three seasons, Being Mary Jane was run by creator Mara Brock Akil who, along with her husband/fellow Being Mary Jane executive producer Salim Akil, left last year for an overall deal at Warner Bros. TV

b7

AIDS

rosone1

It?s game over for Survivor?s Remorse. Starz is letting the clock run out on its basketball comedy after the current season, which wraps October 15 with back-to-back. The planned season ender, titled ?Answers and Questions,? now will be the series finale.

Cowboy Nine

AIDS

The Brandy Barbie

It was still very good. I bet this has everything to do with Gabby Union's issues with BET.  They pay the actors by season, so they started making the seasons like 20 episodes long, so the wouldn't have to pay them as much.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on October 11, 2017, 07:54:12 PM
It was still very good. I bet this has everything to do with Gabby Union's issues with BET.  They pay the actors by season, so they started making the seasons like 20 episodes long, so the wouldn't have to pay them as much.
d

The ratings dropped below 1M per week bby. Whatever they were paying, they probably figured it wasnt worth it at this point.

STUNNA GOD

October 11, 2017, 07:59:24 PM #9 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:59:38 PM by Trey
I really hope they find an actual suitable replacement though...

Gilgamesh.

Kaeli.

b7

Quote from: Kaeli. on October 11, 2017, 08:27:28 PM
uh oh time for them to reboot Zoe :woohoo:
sssddd Brandy was never allowed to push her ideas on that show. It?s never happening