Started by Lazarus, October 11, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMÈ

Young

Young

Quote from: Lazarus on October 11, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

I liked this.

She really did place herself close to Rih and Bey as far as popularity

For a rapper doing it on a pop level like she was; it was kinda new.
She really did Brand herself and she's super talented. No denying it.

She had a great reign.
Hope she's ready to share though because a lot of heat is coming back in female Rap it seems.

Lazarus

:dead:

But she wasn't first or the only to do it at a pop level or sell products in pop culture.

BAPHOMET.

Why in the hell didnt Kim stop the surg' there.  :omgwatshappening: she looked.... human still.

fedswatchin

Quote from: Lazarus on October 11, 2017, 11:58:00 PM

But she wasn't first or the only to do it at a pop level or sell products in pop culture.
she's the only one doing it currently

She said she came in during a time when female rappers were being overlooked. That's nothing but the truth. And if you just look at the sales, Nicki has a lot o female MCs beat.

She's a special figure in hip hop and becoming that wasn't obvious or easy. Otherwise, Remy, Trina, Shawna, and whoever else could have came up. But they didn't lol

Scott.

Quote from: Lazarus on October 11, 2017, 11:58:00 PM

Like at all :dead:

XXX.

I watched the entire thing, and I feel like she said a whole lot without driving home a real point?  Kim pretty much has done everything Nicki has from the high profile collabs like "Lady Marmalade" (which was a #1 single & won a Grammy) and was a MAC girl.  Foxy was doing Calvin Klein and doing photo shoots with real supermodels like Kate Moss. 

Nicki definitely filled a void but none of what she rambled on about was necessarily a "first".

I think she's a little insecure when it comes to explaining her place in hip hop.  I'll give her credit for re-opening the door and her versatility as a rapper being able to ride a beat whether it's Pop, Rap, Reggae, Gospel, R&B, whatever.  Her flow, to me, is better than pretty much every female rapper that has came before her -- even though the lyrics are lacking.

But she can keep all that stuff about branding, fashion & selling makeup.

Scott.

Young said that her being a female rapper on a pop level was kinda new and it wasn't. Kim and Eve had done that prior to her coming to the game.

Scott.

Quote from: XXX. on October 12, 2017, 12:29:10 AM
I watched the entire thing, and I feel like she said a whole lot without driving home a real point?  Kim pretty much has done everything Nicki has from the high profile collabs like "Lady Marmalade" (which was a #1 single & won a Grammy) and was a MAC girl.  Foxy was doing Calvin Klein and doing photo shoots with real supermodels like Kate Moss. 

Nicki definitely filled a void but none of what she rambled on about was necessarily a "first".

I think she's a little insecure when it comes to explaining her place in hip hop.  I'll give her credit for re-opening the door and her versatility as a rapper being able to ride a beat whether it's Pop, Rap, Reggae, Gospel, R&B, whatever.  Her flow, to me, is better than pretty much every female rapper that has came before her -- even though the lyrics are lacking.

But she can keep all that stuff about branding, fashion & selling makeup.

Exactly

But hateration!

XXX.

Quote from: 4mate. on October 12, 2017, 12:33:23 AM
this got damn goddess

Fox slayed!  Standing next to Kate Moss and being a CK girl was kinda unprecedented at that point for a dark skin female rapper.  I mean, ain't too many bitches doing it now.

Her and Kim really slayed the 90's.

fedswatchin

The features that she had on her first record, as well as the endorsements that she had, were unprecedented for a new rapper period, whether female or male.