Nicki Minaj Discusses Her Unique Role in Hip-Hop

Started by Lazarus, October 11, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

People always discredit Fox's presence in the game back then. She was huge too.

fedswatchin

Lazarus

Quote from: XXX. on October 12, 2017, 12:29:10 AM
I watched the entire thing, and I feel like she said a whole lot without driving home a real point?  Kim pretty much has done everything Nicki has from the high profile collabs like "Lady Marmalade" (which was a #1 single & won a Grammy) and was a MAC girl.  Foxy was doing Calvin Klein and doing photo shoots with real supermodels like Kate Moss. 

Nicki definitely filled a void but none of what she rambled on about was necessarily a "first".

Lazarus

XXX.

BAPHOMET.

getting fired by Bey really did a number on him

XXX.

b7

Quote from: Lazarus on October 11, 2017, 09:45:15 PM
And Queen Latifah was the face of Cover Girl.  :dead:
dnncncmncncn the posts on this first page back to back have me kicking  :kii:

Welp. There?s that lmfao

b7

Quote from: XXX. on October 12, 2017, 12:29:10 AM
I watched the entire thing, and I feel like she said a whole lot without driving home a real point?  Kim pretty much has done everything Nicki has from the high profile collabs like "Lady Marmalade" (which was a #1 single & won a Grammy) and was a MAC girl.  Foxy was doing Calvin Klein and doing photo shoots with real supermodels like Kate Moss. 

Nicki definitely filled a void but none of what she rambled on about was necessarily a "first".

I think she's a little insecure when it comes to explaining her place in hip hop.  I'll give her credit for re-opening the door and her versatility as a rapper being able to ride a beat whether it's Pop, Rap, Reggae, Gospel, R&B, whatever.  Her flow, to me, is better than pretty much every female rapper that has came before her -- even though the lyrics are lacking.

But she can keep all that stuff about branding, fashion & selling makeup.
bdfnnfnf makeup! Lipsticks! 

Fenty beauty did a number on this girl already, it seems

Aalumeci.