Ty talks about new album, Brandy & Kanye

Started by AIDS!, November 10, 2015, 02:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

In just four days, Ty Dolla $ign will release his long-awaited debut Free TC. On the eve of release, he performed for his hometown at Real 92.3?s ?Real Show? at The Forum in L.A. While rolling down the red carpet on a hoverboard and smoking a blunt, he discussed the project, which is named after his incarcerated brother.

?I called it Free TC ?cause my little brother?s locked up for something that he didn?t do,? explained Ty. ?So we?re gonna use this money to free him, and plus we?re gonna raise awareness about racial and social injustice and mass incarceration going on in our country right now.?

One thing he won?t be doing is spending the money on himself. ?Fuck going to buy more jewelry and shit. I took that shit and gave it away.?

Just last week, he dropped one of the cuts, ?L.A.? featuring Kendrick Lamar and Brandy. ?Brandy has always been one of my favorite singers of all time. I don?t care if she?s in the top 100 right now or back then. This is who I wanted on my shit.?

He also collaborated with Kanye West and Diddy on the Hit-Boy-produced ?Guard Down.? ?It?s a movie, man,? he said.

Expect a tour and more music from Ty in 2016 with the release of Beach House 3.

Hugo

November 10, 2015, 02:40:38 AM #1 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:41:34 AM by Hugo ❤️ Miles ????
?I called it Free TC ?cause my little brother?s locked up for something that he didn?t do"

Nnnnn

Black ppl kill me sometimes
But I'm living of this Brandy praise

throwintheTAL

Gilgamesh.

NeverSayNever

He coulda just said she was the shit and kept it moving.

JRocka

QuoteJust last week, he dropped one of the cuts, ?L.A.? featuring Kendrick Lamar and Brandy. ?Brandy has always been one of my favorite singers of all time. I don?t care if she?s in the top 100 right now or back then. This is who I wanted on my shit.?

:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

Miranda

Didn't even give her a damn hook. nnn Entitled nigger.

RekeRig

November 10, 2015, 07:40:45 PM #9 Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 07:41:17 PM by RIG
i bet her backs and adlibs are a lot louder on the song she isn't even "featured" on sddd cant wait
to hear it

and yea i remember Kanye saying something similar when he put her on his album. Glad they dont care about charts when it comes to having the BEST on their project lolz. its not shade or backhanded because she doesn't have anything out  :dead:

BranLover

RAY7

If you like her so much give her a damn verse next time
or at least a bridge

brocka4life

It was proof of how much he admires her. I'm sure he may have had to fight his label or somethin to have her on the record over a current chart topper of the moment.  Not underhanded at all.