Started by Aalumeci., October 17, 2019, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

Quote from: 123 on October 17, 2019, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Blackpantha on October 17, 2019, 02:36:46 PM
Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on October 17, 2019, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 17, 2019, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2019, 12:20:37 PM
Brandy is clearly in a transformative phase right now and learning to cope with loss and failure on a deeper level, professionally and spiritually. I just think she's in a very deep depression right now. It's all over her face and even her dress and personal style is suffering as a result. It's no joke. I personally would rather her take care of her mental health and get more grounded, even before she decides to release new music, because what good is she to us in this state, when we are expecting her to deliver her best, in all areas where we know she can. I can just feel her pain, and she has a tendency to live in the past.. Like a lot.. And compare herself to others. Failure after failure, death after death, loss after loss, breakup after breakup and all these setbacks have just taken a toll on her as it would anyone.  There is only so much a person can take. And she has a whole daughter to look after in the midst of this, which adds another layer of responsibility to her already full plate. It's just  too much pressure for anyone.. And she's in the public eye. I def agree with Ro that she is absolutely terrified of failure and flopping again. The delays with the music have been intentional on her part. It all makes sense.  My opinion.

Celebrities have the money to go leave it all behind and go live a quiet life and find peace, but are always chasing the attention. Brandy is at a point in her life and career, that she can release music that makes her happy. Still tour all around the world, as she has a loyal fan base.

The reality is that Brandy has never failed. Monica hasn't failed, Mya hasn't failed nor Ashanti, they allow these critics and internet trolls to make them think they are failures. No, they are not Adele or Beyonce, but they are also not singing on the subway.

Oh no bby monica failed

Gezzzzzzzz leave that woman alone. I think now's the time that Brandy actually needs to be around Monica.
why? so Monica can sucker punch her again?  :uhh:

:omgwatshappening:

b7

Yea

I mean, when you contemplate not wanting to be on this planet more than once, it's a little scary.

I'm really glad she's still here and still trying. It doesn't absolve her from getting on our nerves as an artist, but i always pray for her mental health and everyone else's.

Whew

Blackpantha

Quote from: 123 on October 17, 2019, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Blackpantha on October 17, 2019, 02:36:46 PM
Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on October 17, 2019, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 17, 2019, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2019, 12:20:37 PM
Brandy is clearly in a transformative phase right now and learning to cope with loss and failure on a deeper level, professionally and spiritually. I just think she's in a very deep depression right now. It's all over her face and even her dress and personal style is suffering as a result. It's no joke. I personally would rather her take care of her mental health and get more grounded, even before she decides to release new music, because what good is she to us in this state, when we are expecting her to deliver her best, in all areas where we know she can. I can just feel her pain, and she has a tendency to live in the past.. Like a lot.. And compare herself to others. Failure after failure, death after death, loss after loss, breakup after breakup and all these setbacks have just taken a toll on her as it would anyone.  There is only so much a person can take. And she has a whole daughter to look after in the midst of this, which adds another layer of responsibility to her already full plate. It's just  too much pressure for anyone.. And she's in the public eye. I def agree with Ro that she is absolutely terrified of failure and flopping again. The delays with the music have been intentional on her part. It all makes sense.  My opinion.

Celebrities have the money to go leave it all behind and go live a quiet life and find peace, but are always chasing the attention. Brandy is at a point in her life and career, that she can release music that makes her happy. Still tour all around the world, as she has a loyal fan base.

The reality is that Brandy has never failed. Monica hasn't failed, Mya hasn't failed nor Ashanti, they allow these critics and internet trolls to make them think they are failures. No, they are not Adele or Beyonce, but they are also not singing on the subway.

Oh no bby monica failed

Gezzzzzzzz leave that woman alone. I think now's the time that Brandy actually needs to be around Monica.
why? so Monica can sucker punch her again?  :uhh:

As much as you may hate her. Monica is a strong and confident woman. You never know Monica and Brandy come from the same world.
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

reekz

I see why Monica was always true to herself and music. No shade but I think she would be going through what Brandy is right now if she was to pull a mini Whitney career. 

Opposites Attract.

Scientology really fucked Queens up. She hasn't been the same since. 

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Aalumeci.

I was gonna bring that up. Quee been looking for a long time 

Young

Quote from: R. on October 17, 2019, 03:05:47 PM
I see why Monica was always true to herself and music. No shade but I think she would be going through what Brandy is right now if she was to pull a mini Whitney career.

She definitely kept her spirit in tact by staying true to herself her entire career.
I really applaud her for that

Afrodisiac15

Just because Brandy doesn't move at your speed doesn't mean something is wrong. 

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: 1996. on October 17, 2019, 03:24:04 PM
Scientology really fucked Queens up. She hasn't been the same since.
oh snap I totally forgot about that

I grew up COC and that's a big no no. Even her being sexy in her music was a no no, we don't even sing with music  :plzstop:

I mean, I'm no longer COC because of the strict rules and hypocrisy, but from a spiritual angle, I guess I can understand exactly what she's going through finding that footing.

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on October 17, 2019, 03:56:23 PM

yea because this is all based on Brandy's speed

Afrodisiac15

Quote from: L0NZ. on October 17, 2019, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on October 17, 2019, 03:56:23 PM

yea because this is all based on Brandy's speed
My point exactly!