Who do some people shy away from liking Bran?

Started by Ma Lo, May 23, 2024, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justaway_

Quote from: Harlem on Today at 01:24:04 PMBrandy needs to tap into the alternative R&B & Black eclectic audience... she can easily take over that lane but her visuals and single selections be the pits

d

it's been DECADES since people are expecting Brandy to become that visual, futuristic, eclectic artist. Well she's not and that won't change anytime soon, it's time to accept her as she is, with her talents and flaws.

And Brandy's about to turn 50 in few years, she might have some old alt-R&B heads' attention, but the new generations won't relate to her or her music. Adult Contemporary is a perfectly fine lane for her to follow imo.

Young

Quote from: Cowboy Nine on May 25, 2024, 11:28:14 AM
Quote from: Dee on May 25, 2024, 09:28:51 AM
Quote from: Marilyn on May 25, 2024, 05:26:07 AMBran isn't as relatable to the urban audience. Monica has 14 million IG followers while Bran has 6, for example.

Being relatable to the Urban market can only go so far.

Monica may be perched with tons of social media followers, but it stops there.

The deepfried gors like 'Shaquinndah' love her but ain't purchasing her musical mess. True tea
I don't even care about Monica like that but she stays booked doing shows and is on an arena tour currently

Her relatability is clearly working well for her

Yeah let's not DO it in here.. :uhh:

Young

The thread title is a bit....misleading tho bby

I don't think she's shying away from liking Queen dddddc

People have their own musical tastes, & I'm not sure her going through a breakup is the time to be tryna force Bran on her sbdbdbddbdbfbfbfbffbffbfbf :uhh:

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Quote from: Harlem on Today at 01:24:04 PMBrandy needs to tap into the alternative R&B & Black eclectic audience... she can easily take over that lane but her visuals and single selections be the pits
Yesss, she could easily give what Kelela, FKA twigs and Rochelle give

Cowgirl

Quote from: Young on Today at 03:03:06 PMThe thread title is a bit....misleading tho bby

I don't think she's shying away from liking Queen dddddc

People have their own musical tastes, & I'm not sure her going through a breakup is the time to be tryna force Bran on her sbdbdbddbdbfbfbfbffbffbfbf :uhh:

True but some people have wrong musical tastes.

Harlem

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on Today at 03:04:07 PM
Yesss, she could easily give what Kelela, FKA twigs and Rochelle give

EASILY! But that start with firing her current creative team which I'll doubt she'll do

NEW MOON

Quote from: rosone1 on Today at 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: NEW MOON on May 25, 2024, 07:08:44 PMI don't think not being relatable to urban audiences is the issue.

I actually think Brandy trying to pigeon hole herself into urban spaces has actually stifled her career to a certain extent. Even if these spaces and publications are praising her NOW. They haven't always. Those spaces tend to be misogynistic and have preference for men and rappers. The R&B Female artists get some consistency, but it's not outstanding. Brandy's album sales are pretty much on par with her peers without having to put in as much effort when it comes to branding and marketing.

Brandy just hasn't tapped into her true audience enough. The Disney girls, the 90s Y2K girls, soul-pop crowd, international markets. I think Brandy should actually step outside of R&B and go into Adult Contemporary. Brandy has crossover appeal, which some/most of her other R&B peers don't. And she can hit up international markets easily with her voice and catalogue of music.

She has a regal, earthy, wholesomeness to her and that is refreshing for a Black artist even if urban audiences don't appreciate it.
Without much effort?She was the definition of having a "machine" behind her.A hit tv show that ran six seasons and one of the most watched movies in TV history.

Clearly I'm referring to most recent and present day.

Not the peak of her career.

Cartierline

Quote from: Justaway_ on Today at 01:56:48 PM

d

it's been DECADES since people are expecting Brandy to become that visual, futuristic, eclectic artist. Well she's not and that won't change anytime soon, it's time to accept her as she is, with her talents and flaws.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!