Brandy & Monica VERZUZ (HISTORIC!)

Started by Young, August 22, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

sssddsdd they're like the female version of Martin and Will Smith in Bad Boys :kii:.  Brandy is MARTIN 

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 02:30:26 AM
Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 01:06:31 AM
Quote from: Bish on September 04, 2020, 01:01:27 AM
Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 12:17:54 AM
I just watched it again with the comments. Takeaways:

1) Brandy is honestly funny af :dead:
2) She has so many industry stans it's ridiculous. I think Rihanna was under that fentybeauty alias :plzstop:
2) Monica has some SONGS ok?!?
3) It was actually more enjoyable watching it the second time. They had good chemistry and it was great to see two queens have 25+ year careers and people STILL anticipate their music. It's crazy. They are DIFFERENT.
All of this! I love their chemistry even if it's a bit awkward at times.

Brandy IS funny. When she was nothing the speaking parts to TBIM Monica was cracking up.

I loved when Monica got up and started bowing to Brandy during Brokenehearted.

The mutual respect was evident.

When Brandy handed that girl that mic and said "the HELL...I been singing all your songs" I SCREAMEDDDD bdndndnd
I did NOT catch that the first time :plzstop:

I also loved how Mo fell OUT before U Should've Known Better after insinuating she has never been able to shake C-Murder. Convict queen :stressed:

And I'm sorry, Brandy was mf FLEXINGGGG
Biggie and Tupac name drops
Moesha
Whitney

Just legendary :gorlonfire:
snndndnnfnfn Monica was like "whew ...  pray fuh me"

I love it!  Did y'all see Queen Latifah and Lena Waithe saying they wanted to film a dramedy for them? :kii:

Everyone was pitching ideas for them separately and as a duo.  Verzuz >>>>

Juicy J was trying to find out how to clear Full Moon for a sample, and was trying to get Bran and Mo to sing on a hook for a song :dead:

Sovereign.

I definitely feel like Brandy has some big opportunities aligned for her post-quarantine. Didn't she say before the shows closing she was in talks to do "Waitress" on Broadway?

b7

Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 02:58:12 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 02:30:26 AM
Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 01:06:31 AM
Quote from: Bish on September 04, 2020, 01:01:27 AM
Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 12:17:54 AM
I just watched it again with the comments. Takeaways:

1) Brandy is honestly funny af :dead:
2) She has so many industry stans it's ridiculous. I think Rihanna was under that fentybeauty alias :plzstop:
2) Monica has some SONGS ok?!?
3) It was actually more enjoyable watching it the second time. They had good chemistry and it was great to see two queens have 25+ year careers and people STILL anticipate their music. It's crazy. They are DIFFERENT.
All of this! I love their chemistry even if it's a bit awkward at times.

Brandy IS funny. When she was nothing the speaking parts to TBIM Monica was cracking up.

I loved when Monica got up and started bowing to Brandy during Brokenehearted.

The mutual respect was evident.

When Brandy handed that girl that mic and said "the HELL...I been singing all your songs" I SCREAMEDDDD bdndndnd
I did NOT catch that the first time :plzstop:

I also loved how Mo fell OUT before U Should've Known Better after insinuating she has never been able to shake C-Murder. Convict queen :stressed:

And I'm sorry, Brandy was mf FLEXINGGGG
Biggie and Tupac name drops
Moesha
Whitney

Just legendary :gorlonfire:
snndndnnfnfn Monica was like "whew ...  pray fuh me"

I love it!  Did y'all see Queen Latifah and Lena Waithe saying they wanted to film a dramedy for them? :kii:

Everyone was pitching ideas for them separately and as a duo.  Verzuz >>>>

Juicy J was trying to find out how to clear Full Moon for a sample, and was trying to get Bran and Mo to sing on a hook for a song :dead:
Yeeeeees

All he has to do is call Brandy up to clear it

:blessed:

b7

Quote from: Sovereign. on September 04, 2020, 03:07:31 AM
I definitely feel like Brandy has some big opportunities aligned for her post-quarantine. Didn't she say before the shows closing she was in talks to do "Waitress" on Broadway?
YUP!  Decided to complete the album instead

Jordin Sparks ended up being the last girl and maybe one of the first Black women to do that part

b7

that dude interviewing Monica on V103 was really acting like he knew her every thought and motivation/feeling  :dead:  nigga, relax.

I remember Faith Evans checking Jason Lee for doing that with her  :kii:  "Ummmm you don't really know me tho".  :unsure:

Le Champ

Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 03:13:55 AM
that dude interviewing Monica on V103 was really acting like he knew her every thought and motivation/feeling  :dead:  nigga, relax.

I remember Faith Evans checking Jason Lee for doing that with her  :kii:  "Ummmm you don't really know me tho".  :unsure:

He was really trying to bait her and she was not using.
I kinda stanned for her in that interview tbh

b7

Quote from: Lee on September 04, 2020, 03:20:10 AM
Quote from: RIG 7 on September 04, 2020, 03:13:55 AM

He was really trying to bait her and she was not using.
I kinda stanned for her in that interview tbh
Her media training and authenticity came through huh?!

We love VETERANS

:blessed:

b7

Damn. Imagine what the numbers for her will be in another month or even a week from now. This was kinda before Verzuz:

:plzstop:

Her team was strategic as FUCK

b7

the way everyone was trying to be seen in the comments  :kii:   VYING for attention

LEGENDARY

b7

b7

VirgoMind

Page 263-265 I agree lmfao too much to quote. Lawd I'm so happy this happened! Love to see her still at number 1 and all these albums getting love. 

Brans energy! Just everything ndbdbd sh 

b7

Has Brandy never worked with Jimmy Jam and Terry? They were in there stanning too

I remember them going up for her cover of Optimistic as well

Bigmacthawoppa

The way B7 is perched at number 1 on itunes R&B and NSN is still top 10  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: