YouTube deletes two official R Kelly channels - still available on YT music

Started by Annie, October 06, 2021, 05:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

Quote from: FxckDemCrackers on October 07, 2021, 05:30:10 PM
Kfkfkffk no one uses Tidal
they tried it with the whole Kanye/jay/rih/Kanye exclusive mess but no one cared
It was the Lemons exclusive free trial that got me and I've used ever since.

:trannyjblige:

lil jon x eastside boyz

October 07, 2021, 06:19:20 PM #512 Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 06:20:23 PM by Atlanta yra karalius. 🤷🏾
Quote from: RAY7 on October 07, 2021, 04:46:51 PM
Quote from: Atlanta yra karalius. 🤷🏾 on October 07, 2021, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: Eh... on October 07, 2021, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: Atlanta yra karalius. %uD83E%uDD37%uD83C%uDFFE on October 07, 2021, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: Eh... on October 07, 2021, 03:18:11 PM
Quote from: Annie on October 07, 2021, 10:48:57 AM
Ok I will say: Big tech are a problem. We have seen what happened with Facebook, Whatsapp & Instagram shutting down at the same time because of an error. I don%u2019t know if you guys followed Congress this week but the story about algorithms and rabbit holes is definitely something to worry about. Same with Spotify..they are the biggest music streaming app and have most of the power when it comes to how much they pay artists. They have 100 million dollar deals with podcast hosts but don%u2019t come anywhere near the rates radio used to have.

In this case YouTube has the power because there are no other popular video sharing platforms...R Kelly agreed to the terms and conditions before using it, so they are not going to be responsible for any damages and with this conviction they have the right to throw people off their platform. There have been content creators who don%u2019t make money from ads anymore because of one scandal. So why shouldn%u2019t Bert be treated like any other user? His music is still on there, in a way he should feel happy they didn%u2019t delete everything.

I agree but YouTube is the biggest music streaming service and video hosting service. Spotify just has the most paying users, but YouTube is still the most used service for music. YouTube really has a hold on everything at this point though, there are other video hosting sites but the majority of people never use them or never even heard of them.

This entire situation is dumb though, they could've just demonetized his account instead of deleting the videos off the site especially since all his music can still be found and streamed on there.
i don%u2019t think the move was made in an effort to take his music down completely

It%u2019s more about enforcing their policy that%u2019s against allowing certain USERS to have active channels on their platform

Which to me makes sense - they did the right thing IMO by waiting til an actual conviction was made .

It%u2019s easier for them to explain why his music is still
On YouTube which is uploaded by other users %u2026 but harder for them to justify allowing him to keep an account when their policies explicitly state he shouldn%u2019t have one .

Na... His official music is still up there not just user uploads. Everything on YouTube music can be played on YouTube too and all his music is still on there so whoever owns his masters is still getting paid whenever someone plays those. All this just seems for show to me but who knows the thought process for what they did

Having an official channel on YouTube just links everything together... Without an official channel just search "the artist name-topic" and you'll get official music the label/artist uploaded
well yeah this is def for show ....for YouTube to let everyone know they're upholding their policies and making no exceptions ....not some type of attack against r. Kelly cuz he's black

Nfnfnfnfnffnfn

These policies that they're enforcing existed before Robert was convicted of crawling into cribs

They didn't just make them up so they could play lacrosse with his durag .

It's a highly publicized trial and conviction .I don't even think they had any choice BUT to enforce that policy . I'm pretty confident they got emails asking why his mess was still up soon as the jury handed in that verdict :omf:
I think its just to look "woke" and like they stand in solidarity with the victims or whatever
because I mentioned earlier that Mike Tyson has a podcast channel on Youtube 'called "Hotboxin" and its very popular
and he went to jail in the 90s for RAPE, which should violate the terms and well...
yeah it's a current conviction that's highly publicized right now .

I'm not surprised they're doing this at all

And mike Tyson having his lil channel up just goes to show it's not about who's black or white it's just about when they feel it's necessary to enforce their policies 🤷🏾

Just way too much spotlight on Robert right now for anything that's attached to him to slip under the radar  . That's what it kinda boils down to

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 07, 2021, 08:11:16 PM
I have tidal....but never use it
bro get in
They have all kinds of podcasts, videos, they stream live concerts, and the audio quality>>>>

RAY7

I have Apple Music too though mainly because I had iTunes and have an iPhone so all my old music is synced but besides that...

rosone1

Quote from: RAY7 on October 07, 2021, 08:52:14 PM
bro get in
They have all kinds of podcasts, videos, they stream live concerts, and the audio quality>>>>
I just got Tidal this week.Does the volume seem much lower to you than other platforms?

RAY7

Quote from: rosone1 on October 07, 2021, 08:56:50 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on October 07, 2021, 08:52:14 PM
bro get in
I just got Tidal this week.Does the volume seem much lower to you than other platforms?
no, but then again I don't like to play music loudly