Sharon Osbourne: "Meghan Markle ain't Black!"

Started by dangerous, March 30, 2021, 07:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on March 30, 2021, 09:47:24 AM
Well she didn't lie.

She isn't a black woman. Period.
Neither is Mariah, appropriating ass
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cartierline

Oh girls

Let's not act like Meghan was screaming Black Power before it became convenient for her

Cowboy Nine

Zankou.

Quote from: Cartierline on March 30, 2021, 09:53:42 AM
Oh girls

Let's not act like Meghan was screaming Black Power before it became convenient for her

Who's acting like that

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: Fuck Mons. on March 30, 2021, 09:56:45 AM
Oh girls

Who's acting like that
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
Also, That's not a requirement for being black

Cowboy Nine

Oh girls

Spill babe

Aalonso.

is there a record of sis only dating white men 

bby ddy

Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on March 30, 2021, 09:47:24 AM
Well she didn't lie.

She isn't a black woman. Period.

And ain't. She's just as much White as she is Black.

She's a Biracial woman.

dangerous

Meg doesn't identify as black herself 

so what Sharon was saying wasn't far off from the "truth" imo

its just her arguing with black women in that moment that was VERY similar to that mess with Sheryl on air about piers .

But Not all black people are tripping over themselves to claim Meghan. She's not even claiming the mess herself bfnfnfnfnf

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: conceit. on March 30, 2021, 07:55:26 AM
i actually think sharon's way of thinking , at least in this instance (ONLY), could be considered more on the progressive side.

the whole "one drop rule" mess is what's pretty archaic .
and eve's and sheryl's thinking could actually lean more in that direction, to be totally honest.
not completely but more in that direction.
meghan doesn't even call herself "black". she's made it clear she does not identify as that.

and a lot of Black women are cautious about "over-identifying" with a White passing mixed woman.
not all of them are saying "omg you're just like me!". and it makes sense cuz..meghan is not just like a lot of them.

but that doesn't excuse Sharon's willingness to go back and forth with two BLACK women
and attempting to CORRECT them. her racism was def showing
the way she felt she could sit and be the authority on what's Black and what's not right in the faces of two Black people.

n
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Bentley. HARRIS!

Maghan was WHITE until all this shit went down let's be clear

Iono why black folks are being obtuse about it  :plzstop:

dangerous

March 30, 2021, 10:51:16 AM #29 Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:52:38 AM by conceit.
Quote from: Bentley. HARRIS! on March 30, 2021, 10:44:36 AM
Maghan was WHITE until all this shit went down let's be clear

Iono why black folks are being obtuse about it  :plzstop:
fnnffmmfmffmmggmgmgf
Gg
G

I was a lil  :unsure: about claiming her cuz first the way she looks and then she doesn't even consider herself black

That doesn't equal a black woman to me

But I wonder if Sharon feels the same that she felt in 2018 now that she sees Meghan getting a black experience . And wonder if Meghan feels the same as well tbh