Sharon Osbourne: "Meghan Markle ain't Black!"

Started by dangerous, March 30, 2021, 07:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Sorry but THIS is the other side of the problem and its fckn toxic. The girl isnt FULLY African American but she surely isnt white. Unless I'm mistaken I've never seen her  identify as white. Direct me to the interviews, videos, or quotes of her referring to herself as such and I'll let it go but just like people are quick to embrace her as black, people DENOUNCING her blackness is just as fckn problematic. And that's that shit that a lot of biracial people deal with. "not black ENOUGH!" Its the other side of the coin but it's just as toxic and problematic smh
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Bulldagger

Meg was pretty white before she got her mulatto wake up call. Sharon didn't lie. 

dangerous

March 30, 2021, 01:02:21 PM #47 Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:02:58 PM by conceit.
She identifies as mixed , not Black.

This is actually pretty well known .

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/dahleen-glanton/ct-glanton-meghan-markle-race-royals-20210309-tggn36w3brcupb2ptqvcxsnara-story.html

She does not identify as a "Black woman".

Not every biracial person is gonna lean more to the Black side . Lol

So those who are calling her a "Black woman" ultimately are going against her own self identification and forcing a label onto her that she doesn't identify with herself.

ophababes.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 30, 2021, 12:59:30 PM
Sorry but THIS is the other side of the problem and its fckn toxic. The girl isnt FULLY African American but she surely isnt white. Unless I'm mistaken I've never seen her  identify as white. Direct me to the interviews, videos, or quotes of her referring to herself as such and I'll let it go but just like people are quick to embrace her as black, people DENOUNCING her blackness is just as fckn problematic. And that's that shit that a lot of biracial people deal with. "not black ENOUGH!" Its the other side of the coin but it's just as toxic and problematic smh

Vonc2002

She identifies as mixed? Well she is mixed, that's what she SHOULD identify as :dead:
No one expects her to neglect one side or the other.
 The point is, she isnt out here renouncing her blackness or claiming to be Hispanic or some shit. Show me her identifying or claiming to be WHITE, which is the convo in this thread. She's never hidden the fact that her mom was black and her BLACK ass momma was sitting right there at the royal fckn wedding. That ol slave way of thinking is problematic asf. Not a REAL black person! Like HUH :uhh: :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

And for somebody that sat they ass on here and claimed everything under the fckn sun, I think this whole conversation is fckn RICH! :omf:

dangerous

Traci Ellis is mixed and identifies as Black
Halle Berry

Meghan is just not one of those girls

and if we really wanna get into the "struggles" of biracial white/black people and how black people treat them. That's a huge issue for a lot of them

black people tossing a "nigga u just black" sticker on their head when they are only half black. And want to identify with the other half too or just identify as being a product of 50/50

dangerous

March 30, 2021, 01:15:44 PM #52 Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:16:02 PM by conceit.
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 30, 2021, 01:12:41 PM
And for somebody that sat they ass on here and claimed everything under the fckn sun, I think this whole conversation is fckn RICH! :omf:
Vonc, I'm not getting petty with you today.

Our convo ends here .

Have a great day over there .

Dr Naomi Campbell

I mean I see her as a "Black woman" and in context of the whole Royal family drama a lot of us black British people connect with her because of the UPSET her complexion alone causes.
Anything that upsets that white status quo, we're right behind it.

dangerous

Quote from: Jayda X on March 30, 2021, 01:18:36 PM
I mean I see her as a "Black woman" and in context of the whole Royal family drama a lot of us black British people connect with her because of the UPSET her complexion alone causes.
that's understandable.

We kinda dipped into this convo a bit before

Ultimately we see her getting the "black treatment" regardless of how she self identifies .

So that's something people can relate to.

Vonc2002

And this is all it is. A lot of people subscribe to that one drop rule and everything else, so yes a lot of people will embrace her.  No one said she's sista fckn souljah but the bitch is definitely black in part and she recognizes that. To say she's white is toxic, problematic,  ignorant, etc........PERIOD!

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: conceit. on March 30, 2021, 01:21:01 PM
that's understandable.

We kinda dipped into this convo a bit before

Ultimately we see her getting the "black treatment" regardless of how she self identifies .

So that's something people can relate to.
!!!!
I don't think anyone actually see's Meghan the same way we see Beyoncé or Naomi for example, but she IS a POC at the end of the day and looks like one and she gets treated like one and I believe she's fully aware of that.
Also if she was fully white we wouldn't be having this conversation anyway, her blackness has been magnified and put on a platform for whites to attack and for blacks to support and use as an example of racism.
IMO ofc

Dr Naomi Campbell

And it's telling to me that out of all her family that's either gone against her or sold her out for money, it's her black ass mother that's she the closet to.

dangerous

March 30, 2021, 01:31:45 PM #58 Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:33:07 PM by conceit.
What ur saying makes sense but

She just doesn't identify as a "Black woman" herself.

there are biracial people like Halle and Traci Ellis who do . And have every right to.

But Meghan doesn't . Saying that isn't "taking away her Black card " because you can't take away something she didn't claim to begin with

Does that make sense? :disgusted:

Aalonso.

Yea Sharon isnt wrong BUT there are some things I just don't like White people saying. Describing Black people by their skin tones in casual conversation being another one.