Smoking weed in NY is now legal

Started by dangerous, March 31, 2021, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddy3891

Dr Naomi Campbell

Ch Now I need blacks to set up business the same way crackers have done in California

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Lucid Salvatore

Hopefully this means they're going to release everyone that's currently doing time for possession of marijuana in the state of New York

dangerous

It's really good news but kinda fucked up to get this "whoops! My bad lolz" tea after so many black lives were destroyed behind enforcement of laws that were in existence 

crazy that it was perfectly legal to buy alcohol by the caseload but weed was completely demonized 

Lucid Salvatore

Quote from: no scrubs. on March 31, 2021, 12:44:00 PM
It's really good news but kinda fucked up to get this "whoops! My bad lolz" tea after so many black lives were destroyed behind enforcement of laws that were in existence

crazy that it was perfectly legal to buy alcohol by the caseload but weed was completely demonized

!!!!!!

the amount of Black/Latino men who've been locked up just for a couple grams of weed  :uhh:

ophababes.

ophababes.

Quote from: Lucid Salvatore on March 31, 2021, 12:38:18 PM
Hopefully this means they're going to release everyone that's currently doing time for possession of marijuana in the state of New York

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dangerous

March 31, 2021, 01:26:04 PM #9 Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:29:34 PM by no scrubs.
That was my first thought

I can see this helping a few cases but I don't think it's a 100% sure thing cuz they can always say "well u knew it was illegal THEN and u still decided to do it  :unsure: "

I doubt prison doors are about to fly open but I do see a lot of lawyers making BANK over the next few weeks trying to pry them open for these men, or even taking cases left and right pro Bono  .

Hope they get out. Ridiculous 

ophababes.

Quote from: no scrubs. on March 31, 2021, 01:26:04 PM

I can see this helping a few cases but I don't think it's a 100% sure thing cuz they can always say "well u knew it was illegal THEN and u still decided to do it  :unsure: "

that's the same thing my mama said when i mentioned the mess. i lashed.

dangerous

Quote from: oph markle on March 31, 2021, 03:11:12 PM
Quote from: no scrubs. on March 31, 2021, 01:26:04 PM

that's the same thing my mama said when i mentioned the mess. i lashed.
bdnnfnfnfnngngnmgmmg
G
M

b7

!!!! That I'll never forgive them for (among so many other atrocities) but they knew what they were doing. The "war on drugs" and the liquor stores on every damn corner in the 80'e tells you all you need to know. People thrown in prison for 20 + years. Can you imagine?

dangerous

Quote from: RIG 7 on March 31, 2021, 05:23:16 PM

!!!! That I'll never forgive them for (among so many other atrocities) but they knew what they were doing. The "war on drugs" and the liquor stores on every damn corner in the 80'e tells you all you need to know. People thrown in prison for 20 + years. Can you imagine?
mess.

Our knight in shining armor Biden is not here for legalizing it in a federal level

He basically says he's standing in his mess on the topic:  Willing to entertain the idea of it being decriminalized, but is not budging on his stance on making it fully legal . Which would still leave room for people to be punished for using.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-biden-adult-use-marijuana-legalization-20210330-fc32hs5wuvavrcf2ag4rem4d6y-story.html

Bulldagger