Hollywood officially shut down by strike

Started by shante smith, July 14, 2023, 01:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulysses

There is nothing worse than seeing folks who are already over paid complain they deserve more money. Still not worse than the professional athletes though.

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Jon

Quote from: Annie on July 15, 2023, 04:46:00 AMI wonder if the music business is next. I mean Spotify isn't paying artists, but they do spend millions on podcasts no one cares for.
Does the music industry have a union though that could pull this off?

hewritez

This strike is going to be LONG.
The AMPTP is refusing to reopen negotiations with WGA because they want to squeeze us out.
Executives are saying they want writers to "lose their apartments and homes," so they realize their demands are unreasonable.

They are calling this a "cruel, but necessary evil."
 :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:

Disney's revenue was 80 billion last year. If they meet writers' demands, they're sacrificing a mere one percent.

And this AI shit...

a mess. fuck this industry.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

I think people, and studios, assume that Fran Drescher is Fran Fine... And that is a very bad thing to assume. As she proved in this video, she isn't Fran Fine.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: hewritez on July 16, 2023, 12:15:04 AMThis strike is going to be LONG.
The AMPTP is refusing to reopen negotiations with WGA because they want to squeeze us out.
Executives are saying they want writers to "lose their apartments and homes," so they realize their demands are unreasonable.

They are calling this a "cruel, but necessary evil."
 :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:

Disney's revenue was 80 billion last year. If they meet writers' demands, they're sacrificing a mere one percent.

And this AI shit...

a mess. fuck this industry.
Don't trip about it. Whichever exec made that comment did unions a big favor in terms of public support.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1679964802620194817?t=UZ7tAzYesu_Phpsf7mRARg&s=19

Cowgirl

Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on July 16, 2023, 09:58:13 AM

I think people, and studios, assume that Fran Drescher is Fran Fine... And that is a very bad thing to assume. As she proved in this video, she isn't Fran Fine.
A Queen!

STUNNA GOD

And now they talking bout Euphoria ain't coming back till 2025 now. Just CANCEL this shit

:udontlookok:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on July 16, 2023, 01:20:19 PMAnd now they talking bout Euphoria ain't coming back till 2025 now. Just CANCEL this shit

It shouldn't come back at all, did you see that last season? :uhh:

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Big Barbie on July 16, 2023, 01:21:14 PM
Quote from: Georgina Sparks on July 16, 2023, 01:20:19 PMAnd now they talking bout Euphoria ain't coming back till 2025 now. Just CANCEL this shit

RHOA shouldn't have come back with another season since like a DECADE ago, yet here the fuck we ARE.

Summertime

July 16, 2023, 01:27:58 PM #28 Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 01:28:56 PM by Summertime
Quote from: Cafuzo 🇧🇷 on July 16, 2023, 12:37:26 AMojpiho8ug7iyf6td5

https://twitter.com/chescaleigh/status/1679944097442963456

He used to have good PR with many ppl thinking he was one of the "good" CEOs not just from a biz standpoint, but that interview has shifted the public's perception of him. With the actors joining the writers that interview to me came off as nervousness from him. Its one thing for the writers to strike bc some productions were still going on, but with the actors those CEOs are nervous.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on July 16, 2023, 01:24:10 PM
Quote from: Big Barbie on July 16, 2023, 01:21:14 PM

RHOA shouldn't have come back with another season since like a DECADE ago, yet here the fuck we ARE.

It ain't lookin too good for Euphraudulence and you're pissed about that.