Omf the string arrangements all over TAOL video version

Started by Admin, May 06, 2018, 03:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

So beautifully done  :stressed:
I wish it was the album version :bvy: What were they thinking?
I remember when I got the CD single and hearing how the song just immediately starts with the sample. Where is the intro from the video? :diddraispoot:
And then hoping it was just an error on the single but the album version ended up sounding the same. :melmel:

Annie

I still love that song
Perfect single
I wish Brandy felt the same way

/.\

jtwoeleven

Ohh I?m bout to go listen. I love the sample too.

Vonc2002

I hate that version.  It ruined the video version for me.  Also the oh oh ooohs were softer or sumn. Terrible
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lol i dunno but whoever mixed the vocals did an amazing job

Her comps were very seamless

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: squid on May 06, 2018, 03:32:29 AM
I remember when I got the CD single and hearing how the song just immediately starts with the sample. Where is the intro from the video? :diddraispoot:
And then hoping it was just an error on the single but the album version ended up sounding the same. :melmel:
It was the original version but Brandy didn?t like it so Kayne changed it. They talked about that on Making The Video.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

M-Rocka

I always preferred this version over the LP version. Nonetheless, I like the song. I?m still wondering why they didn?t release Black Pepper as the original lead single from Afro.

HUGO

I love that version but I don?t think it would?ve translated well on the album unless there was a transition from WIS2U. It went well with the video and the visual of her walking slow motion

b7

I love the effects Brandy added to the album version on her vocals. Her ear >

I love love love the strings tho. Classic Kanye

b7

Atlantic is so trash for not having her shit on VEVO. Girl

She helped build and sustain that damn label in her best days. Absolutely not  :uhh:

n

All these hits and u got randoms uploading shit quality versions of her visuals

:mmyulost:

Harlem

Quote from: squid on May 06, 2018, 03:32:29 AM

!!!!!!

I LOVE the video version! I was soo mad that version ain?t make the album or at least on the single CD... I do agree the vocals on the album version are louder or engineered better

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: 1RIG on May 06, 2018, 08:20:54 PM
Atlantic is so trash for not having her shit on VEVO. Girl

She helped build and sustain that damn label in her best days. Absolutely not  :uhh:

n

All these hits and u got randoms uploading shit quality versions of her visuals

:mmyulost:
It's not Atlantic's fault. YouTube and Warner Music (Which owns Atlantic) came to an agreement to add videos to channels for their artists (current and former) sometime last year. That's Always on My Mind is on Brandy's VEVO page now. It's going to take time to upload all of her videos in it's original format on there. Plus all artists are supposed to have their own VEVO channel soon (Even the ones that are with Warner Music) because Youtube and Warner Music came to an agreement to do so. VEVO is in conjunction with YouTube.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

XXX.

This song is timeless.

I love records that came out a decade or more ago that have still never sounded like anything else. 

It's such a quirky weird track that would still sound completely fresh and in its own universe today. 

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Oh love the  full intro

The ohs were filtered (like a telephone effect ) to make tgem.cut thru tge mix and give them their own space

They go unnoticed on this original version

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different