I agree with everything he said here

Started by Scott., September 24, 2021, 05:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHOKE

The music industry isn't built to breed mega stars anymore

Everything is consumed so quick and discarded unlike back in the day you had to come home after school, sit and wait for your faves video to come on MTV now MTV is pregnant teens and cat fishing

STUNNA GOD

The music industry has changed, but the idea of having and wanting black female super stars hasn't.

There are artists of today's generation that they view as superstars and hold that same type of popularity for today's climate, that's similar to how we view our icons. But it just looks different. Whether "we" think today's superstars are as talented as our icons is a different conversation and truthfully... doesn't even matter cuz they're not for us. Sdddndddddd

But the bottom line here.... I don't care if we're using our generation's standards of a global superstar or THIS generation's standards of a global superstar. Niggermani and Höe ain't fucking IT.

:udontlookok:

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Trey on September 26, 2021, 09:28:12 AM
In a general sense, I agree with everything he's saying....

but basically everything he just described about Normani is exactly what Bey gives.

:omf:

Talented with no personality. "Personality" is not her issue. Work ethic and entitlement is.

!!!

And Jan certainly isn't known for bubbly personality.

I get what he's saying but he missed the mark just a bit on that one.

b7

September 26, 2021, 03:30:20 PM #34 Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 03:31:28 PM by Somebody's RIG
Quote from: Nine Fushiguro. on September 24, 2021, 06:50:30 PM
I kind of agree, but then part of this is just him sounding old and reminiscing on how things used to be.

It's a new age babe. Wake up.
!!!!!

Can we give the girls a chance to grow? Rihanna didn't always look like anyone's big superstar in her very first era. She had star quality but it could have gone either way. Idk. I don't even wanna bring up names cuz there's obviously no comparison but these kinda videos get on my nerves sometimes. Ultimately, he just wanted clicks and views of course  :dead: and i won't be giving him any on this particular vid. I saw enough clips on twitter

Love Funky tho. I'm sure most of what he said is correct, it just feels like we be so ready to write everyone off, that's all.

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Kalifornia. on September 26, 2021, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: Trey on September 26, 2021, 09:28:12 AM
In a general sense, I agree with everything he's saying....

but basically everything he just described about Normani is exactly what Bey gives.

:omf:

Talented with no personality. "Personality" is not her issue. Work ethic and entitlement is.

!!!

And Jan certainly isn't known for bubbly personality.

I get what he's saying but he missed the mark just a bit on that one.

But with Janet...you saw her personality through her music and her performances. We know who she is and her story. Who is Normani? We don't even have enough songs to even get a sense of that...but I feel like we still probably won't with the album
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

JCJ 🪐

And with Chloe idk. She needs to find her own lane
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"