Ellen Page BLASTS Hollywood In New Post On Sexual Harassment, etc.

Started by Freemala Harris, November 10, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Ellen Page Says Making a Movie with Woody Allen Is the 'Biggest Regret' of Her Career

In the Facebook post, the actress also accused X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner of outing her as gay when she was 18 on the set of the blockbuster, claiming he told another woman to have sex with her in order to ?make her realize she?s gay? during a cast meet and greet for the film in 2005.

?I was a young adult who had not yet come out to myself. I knew I was gay, but did not know, so to speak,? she wrote. ?I felt violated when this happened. I looked down at my feet, didn?t say a word and watched as no one else did either. This man, who had cast me in the film, started our months of filming at a work event with this horrific, unchallenged plea. He ?outed? me with no regard for my well-being, an act we all recognize as homophobic.?

In 2014, Page came out as gay at a Human Rights Campaign event in the hopes that her experience would help other people struggling with their sexuality.

Page said Ratner?s ?public outing? left her with feelings of shame about her sexuality.

?Making someone feel ashamed of who they are is a cruel manipulation, designed to oppress and repress,? she said. ?I was robbed of more than autonomy over my ability to define myself.?

Full Post:

[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

Quote[tw// sexual assault & homophobia]

I?m so proud of Ellen page. She speaks on how she was outed without her consent, her mental health, her expirience with sexual harassment in her work place as well as her insight on this situation. I love this woman.

http://people.com/movies/ellen-page-woody-allen-regret/
https://twitter.com/yeahboyega/status/929052457119907843

Wow

Eternal Bell

i knew she went thru IT
cuz she kinda stopped doin alotta mess

BrandyFromTheFuture

Love this girl. Great that she also addressed Roman Polanksi and Woody Allen here.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on November 10, 2017, 03:26:08 PM
Love this girl. Great that she also addressed Roman Polanksi and Woody Allen here.

!!!!

All her movies are great. 

Hard Candy is my mess

Freemala Harris

Its interesting that Selena Gomez is (or was) currently working w/ Woody Allen

CHOKE

Why is all of the coming out NOW?

:dead:

The Nati? is working overtime to distract us

BrandyFromTheFuture

Navyman

These hollywood secrets are spilling out, they say Washington political mess is next.

mauza

I always hated his pig ass face and can't get over the fact that He's very close to Mariah.

"جاني الاسمر"

Inject My Lips

Is he the one that made 18 yr old Meghan Fox audition by washing his car in a bikini?

AIDS

Quote from: AfrakaBell on November 10, 2017, 03:21:26 PM
i knew she went thru IT
cuz she kinda stopped doin alotta mess

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not surprised by this at all

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Rxxf

BRANDY

Admin