Behind the scenes of the “Starting Now” Brandy video - premiere (b7 praise too)

Started by b7, August 29, 2021, 09:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

In about an hour. Love when she's with TrueExclusives, it just feels like old times again. I watched their interview from 2009 and got chills. She's done SO much since then

:plzstop:   :wub:

b7

b7

Afro.... b7 is a therapy session from 1-15 and i have chills thinking about it. Camper and Kaydence shared what i said last night but you lit the spark that influenced my thoughts on the album.

My mom went through something similar with "Say something" and she got chills when i played it for her and really pointed out the lyrics. The metaphors on this album >>>>

:plzstop:

It's my favorite Brandy album now and I'm not kidding 

b7

"Acting up but no one's there for your show" is about an abusive nigga that's one way publicly, but another behind closed doors.

To open the album with "Kinda like the GOAT (Whitney Houston) but i ain't saving all my love"  :kii:  WRITE, bitch! 

Whew. They'll understand this album in a few years just like all her other "weird" ass music. I fucking love b7 so much but i know this thread isn't about that. I'm just proud to be a stan and still be dissecting and studying this album. 

"Laden ... lay my burdens down"

She was going THROUGH

b7

The next song (Unconditional Oceans) i believe she's directly singing to God but not in a corny way.

http://thebrandyblog.com/unconditional-oceans-lyrics/

Distraction curves -
I took a turn and changed my view :'(
Oh - I lost but earned what I deserved it's
Cause of you 🙏🏾 yeeeeah
I'd rather suffer
'For I ever let you down

Best lyrical album since Afrodisiac. Click that link and you can read the lyrics for all the other songs. I'm no genius but if anyone wants to ask about specific lyrics i can at least give you my interpretation. There's no right or wrong answer with MUSIC.

b7

Brandy is an interpretive singer (like her father said) and the beauty of music is that you can interpret songs in more than one way. Songs can be about more than one thing. I know people dont always wanna hear that but you gotta go deeper with Brandy on this one because she did

This album isn't surface. Some people wanted that but i don't think she could afford to after the hell she went through.

Can't wait to see what the 8th album will give. It's gonna be another special one but even more outta here I'm sure  :wub: we stan for the fucking BEST. Don't forget that - even if ur friends shit on this album and you feel like you can't defend it. Brandy's said out of her own mouth that she's ok with that. They shitted on Full moon too lol for years

Harlem

b7

Sorry for rambling. Afro just really inspired me last night and a few people on twitter are catching on as a result. I love that

Bye Bipolar has really become a top 5 fave for me as well. She and Lashawn Daniels together are UNMATCHED omgggg the fucking vocal and the way she sang "You led me on to think we'd WED 💍 "  :dead: she really went there on this album ya'll. Sorry I'm just too inspired not to STAN

"A FRAUD living with me and my seed"

b7

Quote from: Harlem on August 29, 2021, 09:27:34 AM
Do I see Unconditional Oceans praise in here?! 👀😤
b7 praise babe!

They wrote the FUCK outta this entire album

This therapy session without being a visual album. Whewww

b7

b7

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on August 29, 2021, 09:03:52 AM
In about an hour. Love when she's with TrueExclusives, it just feels like old times again. I watched their interview from 2009 and got chills. She's done SO much since then

premieres in about 20 minutes

Love this girl smh

crime mob

loved this :stressed:

that luxurious ass trailer

nsdndsnds @ Sonja POPPIN up outta nowhere.  :plzstop:

and the crew member thanking GHan for her "positive energy" at the end.

GLOW GHan

crime mob

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on August 29, 2021, 09:08:26 AM
Afro.... b7 is a therapy session from 1-15 and i have chills thinking about it. Camper and Kaydence shared what i said last night but you lit the spark that influenced my thoughts on the album.

My mom went through something similar with "Say something" and she got chills when i played it for her and really pointed out the lyrics. The metaphors on this album >>>>

It's my favorite Brandy album now and I'm not kidding
:stressed:

i def believe b7 was a bridge for GHan

kwee needed to just get it all out and be real. and it's great that she had more control of that album which allowed her to do it.
and didn't have to worry too much about sales, and getting dropped and blah blah blah afterwards. which allowed her to just keep it pushing with confidence - standing in her mess.

i think the 8th album is gonna be a LOT different. we're in for a real fuckin treat
a different type of treat
her energy is thru the roof

b7

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on August 29, 2021, 09:03:52 AM

Queens ABC Is about to catapult her into another Level of stardom as an Adult

The budget for that next era  :kii: baaaa-BEE

b7

The set is so beautiful

Ya know .. the hair threw me off and the dress as well, but, after recreating Cinderella at the start of the year, i can see why she'd abandon that and try something different. Most true Artists ain't Tryna live in the past like fans do