Lil Mo Defends Chrisette Michele Amid Trump Backlash

Started by Lazarus, January 21, 2017, 06:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

She came to the defense of Chrisette Michele after witnessing the intense backlash aimed at Michele for choosing to perform at Trump's inauguration festivities.

News broke this week that Michele was scheduled to sing at Trump?s ceremony. She took the stage at the Liberty Ball Friday night, alongside gospel artist Travis Greene to sing his hit ?Intentional". And of course, she was dragged for filth.

Lil Mo stood by Michele on her radio show The Fam in the Morning Friday.

?When I see my friends hurting, and I know that they?re hurt. People, you don?t know how words hurt,? she said of her former R&B Divas LA castmate,

?[The] way I saw her being attacked on social media, I took it personal. But I said, ?No, this is business, and there?s a reason why God trusted her enough to accept whatever offer,'? she added emotionally.

Michele released a letter Thursday in response to the criticism, saying she was ?willing to be a bridge? to bring the country together. Mo echoed those same words when explaining why she trusted Michele?s judgement:

?If it takes her singing a song to bridge the disconnect between the people and Donald Trump, if her singing that song will tear down the walls of racism, if her singing a song anywhere will help us? then let freedom ring,?  Mo said. ?Somebody has to stand and be a voice for us. We can?t just be mad and don?t have a solution. We have wasted too much time and too much energy upset at something that we can?t control. Tomorrow, we will have a new president. We have to deal with it. We don?t have to accept anything that they dish us, we just have to fight back.?

Do you agree with Lil Mo?