I Never Knew One In A Million Never Charted

Started by Navyman, January 16, 2019, 11:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalonso.

Quote from: Harlem on January 17, 2019, 12:05:33 AM
:stressed:
Quote from: L0NZ Wit Da Braids. on January 16, 2019, 11:53:49 PM
Quote from: Harlem on January 16, 2019, 11:49:58 PM
High key I never thought that The One I Gave My Heart To charted that high until I researched it back in the day... I was like really a top 10 hit? It makes sense but it?s barely talked about

It's really her only "safe" song tbh. I feel like Aaliyah making edgy, risky choices with Tim stifled her success. She had the voice to do poppy, light and buttery stuff, but always released forward stuff that was darker with the chance of not catching on.

Yeah like I was confused that 4 Page Letter and Hot Like Fire Remix ain?t chart higher b/c as a kid I remember those songs more than TOIGMT but I can see the pop stations and the whites goin up for it... shit that probably was her ticket to the White House that Christmas in ?97

prolly Journey to The Past

Vonc2002

Quote from: F??w?d out air?in?$ on January 16, 2019, 11:47:27 PM
It wasn?t released as a physical single. So it couldn?t chart.

But shocked! Crazy! New discovery! woWoWoW!

As if it wasn?t JUST discussed on here why her single certifications are few.
I was gonna ask if this was it
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ssw4919

What was Barry/Blackground?s issue with selling physical copies?  :dead:

Aalonso.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Harlem on January 17, 2019, 12:05:33 AM
:stressed:
Quote from: L0NZ Wit Da Braids. on January 16, 2019, 11:53:49 PM
Quote from: Harlem on January 16, 2019, 11:49:58 PM
High key I never thought that The One I Gave My Heart To charted that high until I researched it back in the day... I was like really a top 10 hit? It makes sense but it?s barely talked about

It's really her only "safe" song tbh. I feel like Aaliyah making edgy, risky choices with Tim stifled her success. She had the voice to do poppy, light and buttery stuff, but always released forward stuff that was darker with the chance of not catching on.

Yeah like I was confused that 4 Page Letter and Hot Like Fire Remix ain?t chart higher b/c as a kid I remember those songs more than TOIGMT but I can see the pop stations and the whites goin up for it... shit that probably was her ticket to the White House that Christmas in ?97
Nah, TOIGMT was everywhere.  It makes sense to me
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Aalonso.

how could the whunnn I was so cha-rue tew... jess tell me lieeeess

Vonc2002

Quote from: Demm_ on January 17, 2019, 12:06:54 AM
TOIGMHT>>>
Epic vocal. The adlibs at the end...whew...
UGH! Easily one of her best vocals. So beautiful

Vonc2002

And she sounded SO fckn good here

Outside of dodging a couple of the big notes this was damn near a perfect vocal

ssw4919

ssw4919

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: F??w?d out air?in?$ on January 16, 2019, 11:48:48 PM
Quote from: Pop on January 16, 2019, 11:46:35 PM
Most the 90?s r&b songs wasn?t that big of hits we just didn?t know cause it wasn?t any internet

Girl stfu. They were huge radio hits.
Ppl in the 90s cared more about you buying the album than being on some damn singles chart.
n

Why are you so damn aggressive? Clearly no one knew. Relax.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

SouravMay

Sparkle?s ?Be Careful?, Will Smith and Coko?s ?Men in Black? haven?t made the charts either.
B7

Vonc2002

Quote from: Poseidon on January 17, 2019, 03:07:30 AM
Sparkle?s ?Be Careful?, Will Smith and Coko?s ?Men in Black? haven?t made the charts either.
Im surprised by both of these, especially men in black. That song was very big

FlowerBomb

Looks like the BBHot 100 wasn't the be all end all back then