Tyla - “Tyla” Album Thread [Drops Tonight]

Started by JCJ 🪐, March 21, 2024, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justice Jackson

Quote from: STUNNA GOD on April 01, 2024, 03:02:38 AM
Quote from: Cowgirl on March 31, 2024, 10:00:49 PM
Quote from: STUNNA GOD on March 31, 2024, 04:58:55 PMSDSDDGDHDHHDDHDHDHSHSSDJSJJDDJJSJD

I think she need to go the Rihanna route and RUSH into the next era. Ditch the Afrobeats and go pop/R&B.
Afrobeats isn't holding her back. Her sound is already broad enough, people just don't use her like that..
it's not "holding her back" but it's not helping either. Afrobeats is kinda overdone and late now.. it's super trendy. It was cute for her debut but I think people (Americans) would rather see her go fully pop/R&B with her native sound here n there, like Rihanna did.
I agree. Afrobeats is definitely a trend now and everybody has dipped into it. I love the influence and we've had some great singles in recent years, but I think she should just use it to accent her albums going forward. She has great potential as an artist.
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

FAMÈ

She totally missed her mark.

They better rush release the next mess.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Young on April 01, 2024, 12:10:57 PM

ssdddhdhdhdddddddddddddddd

Something about this seems shady after these flop ass numbers. "Keep killing it girl..."

STUNNA GOD

April 01, 2024, 02:06:29 PM #49 Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 02:08:08 PM by STUNNA GOD
Quote from: ᴴᴼᵀᴾᴵᴺᴷ on April 01, 2024, 12:03:06 PMShe totally missed her mark.

d

!!!!! I don't understand what their strategy was with her release... they gotta stop treating these new girls like they're Beys and Rihs. "Building anticipation!" You gotta strike while the iron is hot, there's no guarantee you'll have another big single to sustain public interest...

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: STUNNA GOD on April 01, 2024, 02:06:29 PM
Quote from: ᴴᴼᵀᴾᴵᴺᴷ on April 01, 2024, 12:03:06 PMShe totally missed her mark.

d

!!!!! I don't understand what their strategy was with her release... they gotta stop treating these new girls like they're Beys and Rihs. "Building anticipation!" You gotta strike while the iron is hot, there's no guarantee you'll have another big single to sustain public interest...

Right. Her core audience doesn't have the attention span for staggered releases.

Young

April 02, 2024, 01:46:27 PM #51 Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 01:46:36 PM by Young
Quote from: STUNNA GOD on April 01, 2024, 02:02:29 PM

Something about this seems shady after these flop ass numbers. "Keep killing it girl..."

:plzstop:  :omgwatshappening:

Bey would nev'

Cowgirl

April 02, 2024, 01:52:16 PM #52 Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 02:10:39 PM by Cowgirl
Quote from: STUNNA GOD on April 01, 2024, 02:02:29 PM

CNNCNCNCCNCNNCNCNCCCNCBCNCFCN

The back of the note said, "Chloe outperformed"

FAMÈ

andnfnfnfnfnngngntnSNNSNSNSHSBHDHHDH

Bey.....

"CONGRATS ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL NEW ALBUM"

Did she even listen

JCJ 🪐

The majority of people who actually listened seemed to enjoy the album. And it's critically acclaimed. So there's an audience for her. They just need to move on from water (and truth or dare I guess) and push something else
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Cowgirl

A&R!

Shut the fuck up with your clueless ass.

Young

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Young

Quote from: JCJ 🪐 on April 02, 2024, 03:02:42 PMThe majority of people who actually listened seemed to enjoy the album. And it's critically acclaimed. So there's an audience for her. They just need to move on from water (and truth or dare I guess) and push something else

It's my second favorite album of the year so far

And I'm sure her sales overseas are slaying

She's a global Queen