Report: JAY-Z Opts NOT To Perform At 2018 Grammys

Started by Lazarus, January 24, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

JAY-Z may be nominated in 8 categories at this Sunday?s Grammy Awards, but it appears he won?t be taking to the stage to perform.

Full story below?

Citing sources close to the situation, Hits Daily Double report that Jigga has elected not to perform at the 60th Annual Grammys.

It?s not immediately clear why, considering he seemed to be a shoe-in to grace the stage. Especially given his presence in major categories such as Album Of The Year (?4:44?), Record Of The Year (?The Story Of OJ?), and Song Of The Year (?4:44?).

Some are theorising that the decision has to do with the routine reality of Urban releases being heavily nominated but rarely winning in key categories. Which, viewed this way, would see Jay not allowing himself to be ?used? for TV ratings ? as some have argued to be the case for wife Beyonce.

Others, however, are putting it down to the Roc Nation mogul?s other Grammy related plans ? which notably includes being the honoree at the ?Grammy Salute To The Industry Icons? event the night before.

Speaking on that celebration, the President Of The Recording Academy Neil Portnow said in a statement:

?We are absolutely thrilled and delighted to honor JAY-Z with this year?s Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Award. His contributions as an industry trail-blazer and music visionary only begin to touch on the tremendous impact he?s made both in entertainment and beyond.?

Whatever the case, this weekend is shaping up to be a major one for Mr. Carter!

ya rock muh world.

January 24, 2018, 10:20:52 AM #2 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:23:48 AM by Afro
King is fed the fuck ahp.

Hit em where it hurts.

I think fas's loss last year might have been the last straw for him.

That is the FIRST time I'd ever seen a look of defeat on goddess's face.

The fact that this was a part of the era ALONE should have earned her every fucking WIN she was nominated for.

Cowgirl

RatherBe

Quote from: Afro on January 24, 2018, 10:20:52 AM

Hit em where it hurts.

The fact that this was a part of the era ALONE should have earned her every fucking WIN she was nominated for.

Formation?s anniversary is on the horizon! :gorlonfire:

BAPHOMET.

LiiVE

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: AJ on January 24, 2018, 10:50:44 AM
Quote from: Afro on January 24, 2018, 10:20:52 AM

Hit em where it hurts.

Formation?s anniversary is on the horizon! :gorlonfire:
i hope i dont end up LAID out somewhere

imma blk the fuck owt :stressed:  :damselindistress:

Eternal Bell

ggmgmgmgmg

awww...wats wrong jay?!

mus be driving him craz' to kno his malluminate friens r bein takin' OWT!

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Well Rih is cooni-err performing
her non #1 single

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: AYR on January 24, 2018, 04:30:40 PM
Well Rih is cooni-err performing
her non #1 single

Damn you right. She about to be out there SHUCKIN and JIVIN and they sent my sis home empty handed.

smh. I wish she loved herself more.