LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 02:03:56 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 01:51:57 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia on March 22, 2019, 01:41:41 PM
Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia on March 22, 2019, 12:34:43 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 12:31:01 PM
Yea i remember Kelly talkn about them forcing her to rush that album and her really not being connected to the music

!!!

The album was cute, but very random and sounded off in certain parts. You can tell it was rushed and thrown together.

ALTERNATIVE! FOCUS ON EUROPE!

Like, why would you have this R&B/Pop girl completely change lanes, especially when she had recently had an R&B hit with the Avant remix?

Mathew set that girl up. I'm sure he wanted her to have success, but he didn't want her to be TOO successful.

Why would Mathew....

And anyway, that would be more of a label issue. They force artists to record songs and collaborate with people they don't want to all the time.

Y'all just be saying anything fggg     

Mathew was a snake and held those girls back. Period.

Now say sumn else so I can BOP you upside the fckn skull

PERIOD!
The way Letoya was only as successful as she was because she removed herself from that mess
lol but what happened to the rest of Letoya's music career?
WTF does that have to do with anything?  :uhh:
Brandy was riding high after NSN and was America's sweetheart. What happened to hers?  Just because someone had a good era doesn't mean every era after is cemented.  Summa y'all say the dumbest shit

djkkffffcvvllvlff

First of all....Toya hasn't seen 1% of Bran's success so whatever point you're trying to make is nonexistent

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 01:56:29 PM
They all continued to flop after they got away from Mathew, so.....?     

Vonc2002

Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 02:06:55 PM
Yea i remember Kelly talkn about them forcing her to rush that album and her really not being connected to the music

!!!

The album was cute, but very random and sounded off in certain parts. You can tell it was rushed and thrown together.

Like, why would you have this R&B/Pop girl completely change lanes, especially when she had recently had an R&B hit with the Avant remix?

Mathew set that girl up. I'm sure he wanted her to have success, but he didn't want her to be TOO successful.

Why would Mathew....

And anyway, that would be more of a label issue. They force artists to record songs and collaborate with people they don't want to all the time.

PERIOD!
The way Letoya was only as successful as she was because she removed herself from that mess
Brandy was riding high after NSN and was America's sweetheart. What happened to hers?  Just because someone had a good era doesn't mean every era after is cemented.  Summa y'all say the dumbest shit

djkkffffcvvllvlff

First of all....Toya hasn't seen 1% of Bran's success so whatever point you're trying to make is nonexistent

I said what i said
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Mrd0ndada

March 22, 2019, 02:09:06 PM #153 Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:11:44 PM by Mrd0ndada
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on March 22, 2019, 01:40:56 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:37:31 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on March 22, 2019, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia on March 22, 2019, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:12:34 PM
and Bey was supposed to come with a "neo-soul" sounds like Work It Out but the song didn't smash so they pushed her back and went with Kelly because Dilemma was smashing
ppl always go overboard making Kelly and the other DC members look soooo pitiful

Work it Out was neo-soul? :uhh:
ok Funk, Soul, Go-go
whatever it wasn't like Bills Bills Bills

It was a working sound at time because The Neptunes was issuing that sound to everyone.
didn't work for Bey that time

You're right... I'm speaking to the fact that of why she even did the record.   The sound was in....  it wasnt like bills, bills, bills  but variations of the sound was working on other artist soooo why not?   Just like the winning Amerie formula birthed "Crazy in love".    That folk singer sound was NEVER meant for Kelly.   
so what you're saying is what exactly? Bey tried a winning sound and flopped and had her album pushed back and had to record more
Kelly went for a Pop Rock sound did slightly better
ended up still successful on that album with a Gold cert and a #1 and Grammy

Why are ya'll acting like that album/era  gave what "Dillema" gave in totality?  she was was a folk singer.  Which is my point as to if she was doing more R&B records like "Dillema" instead of giving Michelle Branch meets Heather Hedley on her album immediately after a number 1 R&b/hip hop record with the biggest rapper in the world at the time.  She was bumping & grinding with Nelly & Bankhead bouncing in the middle of the street on her BIGGEST solo moment then her first official single is a somber suicide anthem.. then attached the song to the album to piggy back off of the success but the music didn't match it so it's obvious it was just added on.

🙄

LOONA.

I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Toya sold 800K, not 8 million

Calm down 

Vonc2002

Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 02:09:26 PM
I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Calm down 

Boy the amount of success is literally the most irrelevant thing.  If anything it's even WORSE for Brandy because she literally went from the best selling album of her career to almost fckn obscurity. So like i said WHAT HAPPENED!?!?! A successful era doesn't mean every one thereafter is gonna be successful.  For example,  lemonade and then EIL.  Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 02:13:06 PM
I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Calm down 

Boy the amount of success is literally the most irrelevant thing.  If anything it's even WORSE for Brandy because she literally went from the best selling album of her career to almost fckn obscurity. So like i said WHAT HAPPENED!?!?! A successful era doesn't mean every one thereafter is gonna be successful.  For example,  lemonade and then EIL.  Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii

You're really asking what happened to someone who takes 13 year breaks between albums. And Bran isn't very business savvy. It's kinda obvious what happened with her.

Toya was a fluke faggot     

Vonc2002

Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 02:16:29 PM
I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Calm down 

You're really asking what happened to someone   
Yes, fag. Brandy was still popular then, still on tv, etc.  There's no excuse.  Sometimes a great era is JUST a great era. Idk how to work EIL flopping into this statement so I'll just say it plainly. It flopped. Now wassup!?!?

RAY7

!!!

Why would Mathew....

PERIOD!
youre right bro
Just because she was successful due to being away from Mathew for one album doesn't mean she could continue to be successful
You're so smart

MelMel

LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 02:22:23 PM
I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Calm down 

Yes, fag. Brandy was still popular then, still on tv, etc.  There's no excuse.  Sometimes a great era is JUST a great era. Idk how to work EIL flopping into this statement so I'll just say it plainly. It flopped. Now wassup!?!?

So basically Brandy was everything Toya was?

Again, terrible comparison UGLY fag.

LOONA.

Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 02:22:25 PM

!!!

Why would Mathew....

PERIOD!
youre right bro
Just because she was successful due to being away from Mathew for one album doesn't mean she could continue to be successful
You're so smart

ggghhhhhh

RAY7

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on March 22, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on March 22, 2019, 01:40:56 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:37:31 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on March 22, 2019, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia on March 22, 2019, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: 89 on March 22, 2019, 01:12:34 PM
and Bey was supposed to come with a "neo-soul" sounds like Work It Out but the song didn't smash so they pushed her back and went with Kelly because Dilemma was smashing
ppl always go overboard making Kelly and the other DC members look soooo pitiful

Work it Out was neo-soul? :uhh:
ok Funk, Soul, Go-go
whatever it wasn't like Bills Bills Bills

It was a working sound at time because The Neptunes was issuing that sound to everyone.
didn't work for Bey that time

You're right... I'm speaking to the fact that of why she even did the record.   The sound was in....  it wasnt like bills, bills, bills  but variations of the sound was working on other artist soooo why not?   Just like the winning Amerie formula birthed "Crazy in love".    That folk singer sound was NEVER meant for Kelly.   
so what you're saying is what exactly? Bey tried a winning sound and flopped and had her album pushed back and had to record more
Kelly went for a Pop Rock sound did slightly better
ended up still successful on that album with a Gold cert and a #1 and Grammy

Why are ya'll acting like that album/era  gave what "Dillema" gave in totality?  she was was a folk singer.  Which is my point as to if she was doing more R&B records like "Dillema" instead of giving Michelle Branch meets Heather Hedley on her album immediately after a number 1 R&b/hip hop record with the biggest rapper in the world at the time.  She was bumping & grinding with Nelly & Bankhead bouncing in the middle of the street on her BIGGEST solo moment then her first official single is a somber suicide anthem.. then attached the song to the album to piggy back off of the success but the music didn't match it so it's obvious it was just added on.
Cant Nobody, Love/Hate, Make You Wanna Stay, Haven't Told You were folk?

Vonc2002

Quote from: LOONA. on March 22, 2019, 02:23:40 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 22, 2019, 02:22:23 PM
I'm still screaming

Cemented!

Calm down 

So basically Brandy was

Really popular one era and then not so popular for every era after, fag. What are u not getting?  Kinda like 4 after Sasha fag and EIL after Lemon Juice