Do you guys think the Internet has actually made it HARDER for newer artist?

Started by GRAND, January 17, 2017, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

🦚

You just don't know where to look then. There are soooooo many urban alternative girls around.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

GRAND

SouravMay

i love it. i can be an artist tomorrow if i want to. i feel no pressure to work hard or train in some gym go to los angeles or some mess.

If I want to I can slap on some edgy dread lock wig, record five songs, pay for an edgy photoshoot and slap it on itunes, buy some fans on Facebook and insta and then I am an "artist".
B7

GRAND

Quote from: eufaula. on January 17, 2017, 05:58:29 PM
Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 17, 2017, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on January 17, 2017, 05:32:18 PM
I had this conversation with a friend recently. I think it's both a blessing and a curse.

It's a lot easier to get "discovered" now a days with social media & Youtube.
However, because of that accessibility it's as if the market has become over-saturated with new artists.
So it makes it harder to really stand out and get noticed.
!!

Yes thats how I feel

and every since R&B took a backseat in the late 2000's and this 'alternative' r&b popped up, all these girls sound and look alike

photoshoot with depressed pose!
deep lyrics!
drugs!

cf

F
f
FFf

f
F
My
they ARE :overit:

a few have made it BIG that way though

Weekend, August, and Cudi come to mind

:overit:

GRAND

Quote from: شيطان on January 17, 2017, 06:06:49 PM
i love it. i can be an artist tomorrow if i want to. i feel no pressure to work hard or train in some gym go to los angeles or some mess.

If I want to I can slap on some edgy dread lock wig, record five songs, pay for an edgy photoshoot and slap it on itunes, buy some fans on Facebook and insta and then I am an "artist".
!!

My only issue is that there are TOO many

and I've lost interest in finding new talent

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

GRAND

January 17, 2017, 06:08:26 PM #21 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:09:06 PM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
This is all Kanye and Drakes fault

808 and Comeback Season, & So Far Gone spawned all these depressed girls

SouravMay

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 17, 2017, 06:07:30 PM
Quote from: شيطان on January 17, 2017, 06:06:49 PM

!!

My only issue is that there are TOO many

and I've lost interest in finding new talent

I guess that is a point. We don't have that collective experience anymore, where EVERYONE knows that one R&B song. Now it is certain demographic groups / subcultures who know hits. Like everybody and their momma knew "Yeah!" or "Ignition". But "Adorn" or "Don't" is just a certain niche of people. Audiences are more sparsely populated.
B7

Young

The REAL issue is how the industry glamorizes and promotes SHIT 80% of the time vice actual talent

And most of the black artists really getting play are the rappers or the black female trinity (Nicki , Bey and Rih)

GRAND

Quote from: Young on January 17, 2017, 06:17:19 PM
The REAL issue is how the industry glamorizes and promotes SHIT 80% of the time vice actual talent

And most of the black artists really getting play are the rappers or the black female trinity (Nicki , Bey and Rih)
dont think the internet had much of an effect on this stuff

:guys:

yummy

The industry has always been overpopulated, but most of these artists don't last that long and eventually fade away to nothing more than nostalgic memories. The only thing harming the industry is music piracy. An album's shelf life is getting shorter by the minute and album sales are declining every year to the point of many major artists strictly focusing on singles. 

LOONA.