Do you guys think the Internet has actually made it HARDER for newer artist?

Started by GRAND, January 17, 2017, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAND

Because when I checkout various 'New Music' websites, I see new artist--after new artist--after new artist--after new :melmel:

Anyone can record a track, have a photoshoot and upload their mess to various music sites and even create a fake mass social media following

It just feels overwhelming now. I don't really want to sort through all these new fags every day, and I can't be the only one

:melmel:

MAY

I had this conversation with a friend recently. I think it's both a blessing and a curse.

It's a lot easier to get "discovered" now a days with social media & Youtube.
However, because of that accessibility it's as if the market has become over-saturated with new artists.
So it makes it harder to really stand out and get noticed.

GRAND

January 17, 2017, 05:34:41 PM #2 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:35:13 PM by GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on January 17, 2017, 05:32:18 PM
I had this conversation with a friend recently. I think it's both a blessing and a curse.

However, because of that accessibility it's as if the market has become over-saturated with new artists.
!!

Yes thats how I feel

and every since R&B took a backseat in the late 2000's and this 'alternative' r&b popped up, all these girls sound and look alike

photoshoot with depressed pose!
deep lyrics!
drugs!

im sick of it tbh

I notice this mostly with R&B and Hiphop because thats all i listen to

Not sure what the white girls are doing

And Rap has been the same for decades now so theres no change there really

🦚

It's easier than it's ever been.

Look at Lana. She went from a tumblr following to her debut album selling 5 mill + while the mainstream pop girls were struggling.

The internet is the best thing to happen to new artists. The days of being thirsty and begging hot shot execs and a&r's to listen to your demo are over and done.

No promo is better than word of mouth when it comes to music. A friend tells a friend who tells a friend who tells another friend to check you out and there you are.

You can even skip the iTunes percentage greed and set you up a band camp.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

MAY

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 17, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

!!

Yes thats how I feel

and every since R&B took a backseat in the late 2000's and this 'alternative' r&b popped up, all these girls sound and look alike

deep lyrics!
drugs!

im sick of it tbh

!!!!
I love a lot of the alternative R&B, but I'm so sick of all these "artists" giving the same thing.

You don't even have to really know how to sing anymore. As long as you can stay on key and ride a beat anyone can be an R&B artist now.

GRAND

Quote from: iSleigh on January 17, 2017, 05:37:40 PM

Look at Lana. She went from a tumblr following to her debut album selling 5 mill + while the mainstream pop girls were struggling.

The internet is the best thing to happen to new artists. The days of being thirsty and begging hot shot execs and a&r's to listen to your demo are over and done.

No promo is better than word of mouth when it comes to music. A friend tells a friend who tells a friend who tells another friend to check you out and there you are.

yeah and what about the other 6 million girls sitting on tumblr still, hoping to get discovered?

:overit:

i acknowledge the fact the internets can propel you, but the oversaturation is a problem as well

🦚

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 17, 2017, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: iSleigh on January 17, 2017, 05:37:40 PM

yeah and what about the other 6 million girls sitting on tumblr still, hoping to get discovered?

i acknowledge the fact the internets can propel you, but the oversaturation is a problem as well

They ain't Lana.  Everybody isn't a star baby.

I mean look at King (the group) they went from band camp to global stages to a Grammy nomination ...all independent and all due to good reviews from the listeners.

The days of the major labels and aggressive promo trails are over.
Unless your name is taylor.
——————///——————-

BAPHOMET.

Most of the girls just dont have it. tbh

All of the new and trying-to-come up chicks are basically the same person with different filters and the guys just bland.

🦚

I mean check the profiles. The girls swear they are a

Singer! Dancer! Actor! Designer! CEO! Event planner! Mogul! Motivational speaker! Spokes person!

Everybody is a Jill of all trades online...but who is the actual credentials?!
——————///——————-

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME MARSHALL on January 17, 2017, 05:34:41 PM

!!

Yes thats how I feel

deep lyrics!
drugs!

im sick of it tbh

!!!!!

I'm sick of these girls coo'ing over these DROWSY ass, 40-esque beats

Young

Young

IF you get to stand out amongst the thousands creating music
And get the machine behind you , you still have to STAY hot an relevant

And that's hard to do now when everything just comes and goes

Look at albums
They don't last like they use to.
Everything is so QUICK now and so are people's attention spans

🦚

——————///——————-

Cartierline

Most modern R&B songs by the new 'artists' are so fckin boring and reptitive

drugs! sex! break up make up!

All over some drowsy, Noah Shebib-esque beats

It's really put me off even looking for new artists when I already know what I'm gonna fckin find