These LEGENDS

Started by FlowerBomb, March 15, 2017, 02:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2017, 07:22:16 PM
Quote from: AYR on March 15, 2017, 07:11:34 PM
these vocals on the uptempos

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
And honestly Whitney is one of the best live singers EVER! The way she laced this uptempo with a fckn VOCAL :gorlonfire:

Go to 2:39 and watch. When she started shuffling backwards and EFFORTLESSLY ascended into that fckn head voice :plzstop:
Ive watched this millions of times
its what made me realize she was stronger vocally in the 80s than 90s tbh

leftout

Vonc2002

Quote from: AYR on March 15, 2017, 07:27:07 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2017, 07:22:16 PM
Quote from: AYR on March 15, 2017, 07:11:34 PM
these vocals on the uptempos

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
And honestly Whitney is one of the best live singers EVER! The way she laced this uptempo with a fckn VOCAL :gorlonfire:

Go to 2:39 and watch. When she started shuffling backwards and EFFORTLESSLY ascended into that fckn head voice :plzstop:
Ive watched this millions of times
its what made me realize she was stronger vocally in the 80s than 90s tbh
True but i preferred her in the 90s. I liked her voice with a lil more grit. It was a lil TOO clean when she first came out
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2017, 06:58:07 PM
Quote from: Nine on March 15, 2017, 06:55:36 PM
Anything just makes me feel so...ack

Janet doesnt have an amazing voice but she knows JUST how to use it and how to make it work for her. That's why i never cared about her not being a powerhouse. She used all the elements to be AMAZING!
Uhhhhh, the way this bitch holds her own.
:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

FlowerBomb

March 15, 2017, 07:35:05 PM #124 Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:40:36 PM by Saint
The way she STEPPED into the 90s with a new look

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

MAY

I see so much Jan influence in mainstream gorls like Britney, Bey, Tinashe, Kelly Rowland, early Pink, etc. Even lesser known gorls like Ci cite her as a major influence.

Queen has truly made a lasting mark on the industry.

FlowerBomb

My fav Mariah song
ACK

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Baphomet. on March 15, 2017, 07:23:45 PM

Nine...come here hun

woo

Love when Kweens gets a bit GOSPEL

Cowgirl

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on March 15, 2017, 07:35:29 PM
I see so much Jan influence in mainstream gorls like Bey

:dead:

d

Lazarus

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saint on March 15, 2017, 07:35:05 PM
The way she STEPPED into the 90s with a new look

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:
Whitney is the first female singer i remember being captivated by. I actually remember sitting in the kitchen and seeing i will always love you for the first time.  I literally sat and stared at the tv like :ohwow:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FlowerBomb

March 15, 2017, 07:39:11 PM #132 Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:42:41 PM by Saint
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on March 15, 2017, 07:35:29 PM
I see so much Jan influence in mainstream gorls like Britney, Bey, Tinashe, Kelly Rowland, early Pink, etc. Even lesser known gorls like Ci cite her as a major influence.

Queen has truly made a lasting mark on the industry.
!!!
Michael has a influence whether it's subtle or obvious Usher, Chris, Justin Timberlake
you catch glimpse of Prince in artists like the Weeknd, Miguel and Bruno whether it's their performances, image or sonically
R.Kelly has influenced nearly every black millennial R&B singer
every girl with PIPES cites either Whitney or Mariah as vocal influences

leftout

I see 0 tran influence in Bey. Beyonce shits on that girl and is a much better performer than Janet ever was or will be :dead:

RAY7