Started by Young, September 18, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

How the hell do you crave something you get every other year basically

Onika

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 19, 2017, 11:31:05 AM
Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 19, 2017, 11:20:04 AM
Quote from: Harlem on September 19, 2017, 09:34:36 AM
Aaliyah just being a socialite in this day and age please... at most she prolly would've played it smart like Justin Timberlake and had ppl craving another album from her while she did movies

nnn

Craving!

Unless your name is Beyonce or Rihanna, no one is really craving an album from a female R&B artist these days.

People are literally craving Brandy. Y'all are so brainwashed. Look outside the box drone.

Obviously we crave Brandy because we're hardcore fans of R&B. I'm talking about the general public. If you're a female R&B artist and your name isn't Rih or Bey, the public unfourtunately don't care.

I love all of the following artist I'm about to name, but where exactly is Tinashe, Ciara, Brandy, Monica, etc. on the charts? They just don't care.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

MAY

TBH I could possibly see Li transitioning into doing more things behind the scenes. She was very smart and creative. I could see her eventually getting into directing.

fedswatchin

State facts Onika. The general public (white people) only need bout 2 or 3 black girls thriving and popping at a time and the gorls will set them apart, calling them a Trinity like it's special to have white approval. Meanwhile there's a million Selena gomez's and mini Britney's that get even more pop radio airplay and favor.

Onika

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on September 19, 2017, 12:12:05 PM
TBH I could possibly see Li transitioning into doing more things behind the scenes. She was very smart and creative. I could see her eventually getting into directing.

Yeah, she definitely could've still been successful in another industry but I don't think she'd still be successful in music today.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 19, 2017, 12:13:02 PM
State facts Onika. The general public (white people) only need bout 2 or 3 black girls thriving and popping at a time and the gorls will set them apart, calling them a Trinity like it's special to have white approval. Meanwhile there's a million Selena gomez's and mini Britney's that get even more pop radio airplay and favor.

!!!

It's a shame but it's the truth. Our black women have to work twice as hard as any white women in the music industry just to see a small amount of success.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Harlem on September 18, 2017, 11:29:40 PM
Two Eleven Brandy could've been the 3rd girl... I mean no other bitch talent wise stood a chance when she was hungry during that time and if she would've kept going...
:stressed:
Please stop with this truth.
:stressed:

Opposites Attract.

No shade but I see Aaliyah in the same boat as Monica and Brandy. Let's not act like that last album was about to flop for points until that tragedy. I love her though. She definitely would have benefited being out today.

God rest her soul.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Aalumeci.

You can tell an album is gonna flop a month after its release?

Aalumeci.

Y'all and these popular prewritten default statements with no real thought behind. Ch.

RAY7

Quote from: Margiela. on September 19, 2017, 12:56:53 PM
No shade but I see Aaliyah in the same boat as Monica and Brandy. Let's not act like that last album was about to flop for points until that tragedy. I love her though. She definitely would have benefited being out today.

God rest her soul.
yea. I mean as dope as the music was on the Aaliyah album, most of it
really doesn't sound like chart topping popular stuff
probably would've scanned like Platinum like Full Moon and After the Storm
I've just never seen an artist celebrated so much more  after they died than before

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: L0NZ. on September 19, 2017, 01:00:10 PM
You can tell an album is gonna flop a month after its release?

It's my opinion luv and I'm judging based off the sales of the album before her passing. The album fell to #19.

It's unconditional, these days you know....