The 2017 GRAMMY Thread....

Started by Steffon, February 12, 2017, 04:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Quote from: Chokeme on February 13, 2017, 12:12:18 AM
BET, SOUL TRAIN!

How about not wanting or having to just settle for the negro awards?

q

and this why those "old white men" keep getting away with shitting on our artists, but see ya next year!

Vonc2002

I LOVE rihanna but work should not have won over stressed out, sorry. Even in that grammy thread I said Stressed out should get record of the yr. I knew once Rih didnt get the Urban Categories that it was pretty much over for the rest. And Sorry but Beyonce didnt deserve the other awards, she got the 2 that I actually thought she would get. The only other one that I thought she would have is the lemons film one. I personally loved 25 and thought Dele's deserved that award, undoubtedly
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

Quote from: puskita. on February 13, 2017, 12:13:28 AM
Quote from: SingBran on February 13, 2017, 12:03:19 AM
Quote from: puskita. on February 13, 2017, 12:02:17 AM
I don't think we should be TOO quick to play the race card though
not when it comes to 'fas.

it wasn't long ago that we were accusing the Grammys of making up awards just to give more to 'fas.
and parading around those GIFs of her polishing her Grammys in that "why dont u luh me vidya"

sdsdssdsdsdsdsd

her light is just dwindling. it happens. no one stays on top forever. but it sucks because it doesn't seem like there's anyone stepping up to take her place and be the next "it" black girl. Luv Rih but she's not talented enough to perch in 'fas's chair.

well...
in terms of PERFORMANCE... there is no other girl, no...
dddddd

This all reminds me of when Michael's "Invincible" alber flopped
he came with the "its cuz im BLACK! das why! yea, thats what it is  :ohwow: " :plzstop: :plzstop:

No hun, just because you choose to keep going doesn't mean the committee will keep awarding you, songs will keep going #1 and gorls will keep lining up to purchase like they were years ago.

Some gorls step down after their peak, some gorls choose to stay in the game. And that's OK but one can't expect the world to REMAIN at their feet for as long as they want.

The Lemonade album was like a got damn letter to the Grammy committee. It was deep, profound, dynamic, had multi-genre inclusivity .....blah blah blah, all that stuff that usually "should" guarantee nominations and big wins.

Sad it didn't work out because Formation was/is amazing. But Adele was tough competition. I think if I didn't have that damn "Hello" song on repeat and in my head for weeks, I'd probably be confused. But fair is fair.
BRANDY

LOONA.

It's definitely about race, lol.

When is the last time a black artist won AOTY or swept the general field? If Adele or Taylor had made some Lemonade type album and garnered the same acclaim they would've definitely won AOTY and swept.

Weird how the Grammys were bragging about Bey breaking records being nominated in all genres and yet they only gave her the urban awards this year, like they usually do most of the time. 

Glad I didn't watch this shit.

RAY7

BET, SOUL TRAIN!

it shouldnt be seen as "settling"
Carrie, Reba, Trisha Yearwood and the rest dont "settle" for the CMAs

Rxxf

I mean, i did play HELLO for filth
I can barely listen to FORMATION
the lyrics are great, but the melody/production sucks
BRANDY

GLOCK

Quote from: Baphomet. on February 12, 2017, 11:59:15 PM
I knew as SOON as Rihanna and Bey lost categories that were pretty much guarantees for them early on that it was about to be some mess  :guys:

MAY

Quote from: Chokeme on February 12, 2017, 11:51:37 PM
ksjdjdjdjdjdjfj

The girls kiiiiing

Do understand that if Bey can't get album of the year

NONE of the other black gorls can

But lol

Kii told you she was gonna lose

Boomz

Quote from: Baphomet. on February 13, 2017, 12:14:20 AM

Sam hates this girl.  :dead:

fsddddddddddddddddddddddd
Oh now see. He extra for this

Make history, Quee'

Rxxf

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 13, 2017, 12:14:38 AM
I LOVE rihanna but work should not have won over stressed out, sorry. Even in that grammy thread I said Stressed out should get record of the yr. I knew once Rih didnt get the Urban Categories that it was pretty much over for the rest. And Sorry but Beyonce didnt deserve the other awards, she got the 2 that I actually thought she would get. The only other one that I thought she would have is the lemons film one. I personally loved 25 and thought Dele's deserved that award, undoubtedly

respect this
BRANDY

Vonc2002

Quote from: AYR on February 13, 2017, 12:14:45 AM
BET, SOUL TRAIN!

it shouldnt be seen as "settling"
Carrie, Reba, Trisha Yearwood and the rest dont "settle" for the CMAs
yea, a really dmb thing to say
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

Hello was popular for two weeks and the fell off the face of the earth.

And 25 is basically a deluxe version if 21. I I like Adele but girl please. She has no business winning

BranLover

BET, SOUL TRAIN!

hhhjdhdnf

This is so sad.

BAPHOMET.

Adele snapped her AOTY in half to share with Bey  :dead: this is cute... but... its not helping hun