i'm in a bit of a bind.

Started by Ashley Bank$, June 27, 2016, 04:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Bank$

June 27, 2016, 04:46:47 PM Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:48:57 PM by chief.
ok so I had every intention on staying with the company I've worked for over the past few years, they have offices here in NYC so it was a no brainer for me to just make the transition with them and I've already gotten things moving on that, set to begin in August.

but what I also did was brushed up my resume a bit, updated it and posted it. I don't think it ever hurts to check your market value once in a while. to see what type of jobs you could grab IF you needed to move to other pastures. kinda like when a married woman goes out with a fitted dress on to see if she still "got it". lol.

one of the companies that are interested in me are offering a way higher salary. they're based in Manhattan. the only drawback is that its a newer, smaller company, which to me, means less stability, but on the other hand, it also means that there's an opportunity to grow WITH them.

my heart tells me to remain loyal but my brain is telling me bitch you're in NYC, this is not the time to pass up more money. :ohwow: :ohwow:

I'm speaking with their HR rep tomorrow , and doing my own research as well. imma play it cool and subtly let it be known that they are ONE of my options here. which is the truth lolz :supluv: maybe that'll get them to add in one or two more coins to sweeten the deal :ohwow:

imma call up bestie tonight, i usually let her toss the coin on something like this.

GLOCK

Go with the new company!
New people.. New attitude .. A chance to say you at least tried it!
U can always go back to your old company if things don't work out!
You don't want to live in regret!
New York is about taking risks!
Get money!

GRAND

fuck that

if you've been with the current company for some time and you're a great employee -- they'll take you back

leave. get the new coin. if it sucks, you have somewhere to go back to if necessary.

MAY

Although it may be a smaller company they could still be well established. Just do your research to see how long they've been around. Also, check their reputation. You can even check to see if they are on a site called Glassdoor.com. See if any current or previous employees left any reviews about working for them.

Good luck with everything sis!

Cowboy Nine

Don't get stuck in what your comfortable with. I'd say step out of your comfort zone and go for the new mess.

D.I.E.G.O.

Be careful making a run for the money. You are used to the culture of your company now. You may go over and get a larger paycheck and be part of a company with completely incompetent employees and poor management. That may not be worth the larger salary.

Now, if the company you're with now won't pay you more, you can renegotiate your salary and use the new job as leverage. Loyalty >>>>

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: chief. on June 27, 2016, 04:55:16 PM
Quote from: Glock on June 27, 2016, 04:49:26 PM
Go with the new company!
Get money!

:stressed:

Sometimes I think I'm loyal to a fault.

knowing damn well that these companies will fire you without second thought if it meant saving their bottom line.

but I think when you feel a company's been SO good to you, it's hard. If you work for a shitty ass place then I believe its easier to chuck the deuces.  :plzstop: I'm kinda upset that I posted my resume. but maybe something inside of me wanted something different and new. if I were that content why even take the time to update and post it?

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

GLOCK

June 27, 2016, 06:03:00 PM #7 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:03:12 PM by Glock
Go with the new company!
Get money!

knowing damn well that these companies will fire you without second thought if it meant saving their bottom line.

but I think when you feel a company's been SO good to you, it's hard. If you work for a shitty ass place then I believe its easier to chuck the deuces.  :plzstop: I'm kinda upset that I posted my resume. but maybe something inside of me wanted something different and new. if I were that content why even take the time to update and post it?

I'm the same way
But then I think about all the points u made and knowing how short life is ...
It's time for something fresh!
U can always come back IMO
Test out the waters..
Get that new money xxxx
U may not even like the New York staff at ur current company

Rxxf

June 27, 2016, 06:44:42 PM #8 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:46:11 PM by ralfael
My advice.

Go for the More money, New company, Room to Build WITH them...

You have a lot of experience under your belt, to the point that if something falls thru, you can always get employment with another company that is stable.
BRANDY

Cowgirl

How many diamonds is your "loyalty" buying you right now? Closed legs don't get fed bvy.

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: BowDown on June 27, 2016, 07:06:09 PM
How many diamonds is your "loyalty" buying you right now? Closed legs don't get fed bvy.
r u asking how much his salary is

Cowgirl

Quote from: 9九 on June 27, 2016, 07:09:22 PM
Quote from: BowDown on June 27, 2016, 07:06:09 PM
r u asking how much his salary is
I mean, when you put it that way..
:caseoftheherp:

GLOCK

Quote from: chief. on June 27, 2016, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: Glock on June 27, 2016, 06:03:00 PM
Go with the new company!
Get money!

I'm the same way
But then I think about all the points u made and knowing how short life is ...
It's time for something fresh!
U can always come back IMO
Test out the waters..
Get that new money xxxx
U may not even like the New York staff at ur current company

thnx musc'

lolz
fff
Anytime king

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

June 27, 2016, 07:46:42 PM #14 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:47:21 PM by ralfael
And I know what you mean, with trying to be loyal... especially if a company has been so good to you. It's almost like leaving a marriage that is blissful. Lol.

I had to make a similar decision last year.
And I went for the new and more coin.
Best decision ever, in every aspect.
At this point, it's my CAREER that matters, not my JOB.

But even if it wasn't the best, at least I know I can say I tried it vs. thinking what could have been.

BRANDY