How have your personal views changed over the years?

Started by yummy, October 15, 2019, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

If they have at all

I think back to 21/22 year old Yummy and how I had the gross habit of coming off pretentious, wanting to sound like the wokest person in the room, craving validation from the fags I used to run with and I'm quite disgusted with it all tbh.

:udontlookok:

yummy

The mess with Afro and me old board is a prime example (after he had that convo with the white lady on the bus or plane or sumn)

That shit really didn't need to go left the way it did, but I was adamant about wanting to look like I had all the answers and was oh so down for my people and it just ended up turning into something it didn't need to.

CHOKE

They haven't

Still a feminist even tho I love being dominated by men

Still value objects and money over actual human relationships

Still get nervous and walk to the opposite side of the street if I see a group of blacks or Latinos

Still fantasize about getting raped by a group of blacks and Latinos

:damselindistress:

ton

For sure

I've always been told people don't change. I realize some core values don't but some things will. I'm not the guy I was 3,4,5,8 years ago

BAPHOMET.

Having sex for personal gain/connections/career etc.

I don't really know who I was trying to impress by being so vocal about people who did stuff like that. I know for a fact I missed so opportunities between 17-22 trying to be some prude. It was all an act because I WANTED those connections but I figured if I stayed true and was a goody too shoes I'd get those things by keeping my hands clean.. also... I didn't  even do a single drug between those times.

I'm a much happier person now 

fedswatchin

I truly hate everyone, an idea I shied away from in the past, but boy did it come creeping back. I need no one and I hate everything :19k:

Scott.

I would say I'm much more calmer than l used to be.

Everything doesn't need a reaction 

🦚

I'm just not interested in anyone's drama. Im also not interested in doing anything I don't like.

If you ain't calling me about a cute function or to go out to Zip n Zo it... stay the fuck off my line.

Ppl want to chant you down babylon when thing's are down, but when they stella get their groove back you only see it in flashes on the gram.

I'm in my protecting my energy era.

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Gilgamesh.

Yes, thankfully :dead:

I had a lot of hang ups about sexual identity and gender roles. I was kinda transphobic too.

And I'm generally a lot more chill. 

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

If not u just arent growing
Contradicting urself is a good sign of growth and expansion

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

fedswatchin

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on October 16, 2019, 01:48:44 AM
that's an interesting take on the inevitable contradictions ppl make

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Linnethia Leakes on October 16, 2019, 02:05:19 AM
Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on October 16, 2019, 01:48:44 AM
that's an interesting take on the inevitable contradictions ppl make

Lol like say for instance a girl say oh a nigga i date gotta have a mercedes and make  6 figures

But she falls in love with a fireman that drives a  ford

Well thats contradicting herself but because shes matured and realizes there are more important things half she not evolved and contradicted her previous beliefs she would have missed out

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

BrokenHeartsHeal

Annie

October 16, 2019, 06:07:48 AM #13 Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:14:06 AM by Annie
A year ago I was on this spiritual path, read everything to become Deepak Chopra..became a vegetarian, meditated like crazy but it eventually started messing with my head way too much. My body also became more weak because I was missing important vitamins. I don't know I was just thinking and noticing synchronicities all the time and thought they had a meaning. That everything had a purpose. I have learned it is easy to become delusional and get this holier than thou attitude. I probably gave too much unwanted advice that is not even scientifically proven. Sometimes shit happens and it is not that personal, it is not the universe talking to me, it is not that deep. I have learned a lot but now I am finding a balance no longer wondering or worrying about these big topics.

After getting ill and still recovering I'm much more down to earth and I have learned to let things go or not give it more of my energy. I can only take care of myself, what others do is not my business. Sometimes in discussions it is better to let it go than to try to defend my view and prove a point. (Of course sometimes i have to speak up but most of the time things are not that important, don't want to get headaches going back and forth) It doesn't even matter.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: red light special on October 16, 2019, 04:07:06 AM
Quote from: animmai. on October 15, 2019, 11:46:15 PM
The mess with Afro and me old board is a prime example (after he had that convo with the white lady on the bus or plane or sumn)

That shit really didn't need to go left the way it did, but I was adamant about wanting to look like I had all the answers and was oh so down for my people and it just ended up turning into something it didn't need to.

[lpk[0oj9ih8u

Awww boo it's all in the past. :sistas:

And I can honestly understand where some of your frustration came from at that time. I honestly didn't know why Black people in the South were so angry at Whites when I went down there for a bit. I'd never experienced that type of animosity and tension before so it made me question a lot of things....

I'm actually glad I had those conversations with ya'll on here. Yeah it got heated but I actually got something from it. At some point I had to realize that you were more "right" than I was in that conversation. It was one time when I didn't mind waving a white flag (no pun lolz) and admitting my wrong ...and correcting it. BEcause I actually do love my people and never would intentionally disregard their feelings.

There's a lot of stuff I had a hard time grasping as I got older...Like why people were so scared to say they're dark skinned and would try to label themselves every other color on a Starbucks menu just to avoid it. Stuff like that used to be hilarious to me but having a better understanding of racism really helped me to understand the roots of colorism.

Being more aware of things like that really helps you to be more empathetic as opposed to judgmental.

I have learned a lot on here. I was clueless 5 years ago, didn't even know much about slavery. I know I will never completely know what it feels like and know all the complex layers but that is ok. So thanks to everyone on here for all the patience trying to explain. Even if threads were confusing or filled with anger it still helped me wake up.

I now see how it has an effect on people in my country (I feel in the USA it is more easy to notice racism but still a shame people in power don't do shit about it. Trump is the biggest racist). I also learned that the Netherlands played a huge part in slavery, but people are not even aware of it because it happened far away in Africa and South America. I am so happy a lot more people are researching this and scanning/translating old dutch documents so everyone can access them around the world to learn more.

"The Dutch economy prospers from the triangle of trade between the Netherlands, West Africa and the New World over the course of two centuries.
Ships leave the Dutch harbours for West Africa loaded with weapons, ammunition, liquor and textiles. This merchandise is used to buy slaves, who in turn are sold in the New World. The ships then return to the Netherlands with sugar, coffee, cotton, cocoa or tobacco from the plantations."
Things we didn't learn in school
:shannonsmissing:

/.\