rap quee is returning and i'm... nervcited

Started by ophmani, October 17, 2019, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophmani

Lauryn Hill to release her first solo single in five years

Lauryn Hill is making a comeback. It has been some time since the former Fugees singer dropped new music, but according to XXL, new music is on the horizon. A new track from Hill will appear on the soundtrack for the upcoming film, Queen & Slim, which is due out in theaters on Nov. 15.

Queen & Slim stars Daniel Kaluuya and Jodie Turner-Smith, and was directed by Melina Matsoukas. It was adapted from a screenplay written by Lena Waithe.

Despite this being Hill's first solo single since the release of her 2014 record, "Black Rage (Sketch)," she has still been buzzing on the radio and on streaming services by way of samples. Drake sampled Hill on "Nice for What" and Cardi B used her vocals on her Invasion of Privacy hit "Be Careful."

Hill has been giving fans a dose of her old hits by way of touring. Back in August, she was scheduled to headline the Playground Festival in Glasgow, Scotland. However, according to one fan, she was an hour and fifteen minutes late, and performed a short set. Fans did not let Hill get off scot-free. They immediately took to social media to express their anger and frustration. "Just back from the #PlaygroundFestival in Glasgow, a cracking day/night apart from the appalling #Laurynhill who came on stage an hour and 15minutes late then played four shite songs before pissing off again. So-called headline act? Nah, she got the booing she deserved," the fan said at the time.

The "Ex-Factor" singer later issued an apology to her fans, and stated that she hoped to reschedule the performance. "My sincere apologies Glasgow for the late show and shorter set," she explained. "I appreciate the energy and support I did receive from the great crowd, and the patience of the promoters. I hope to come back and make it up to the Glasgow audience. It is only with great respect and Love for my art and the audience that I take the stage every performance. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in Europe, the crowds have been great and incredibly receptive. I look forward to my upcoming shows in Poland, Italy, Denmark, and the UK. Again, thank you, and my sincerest apologies for that shorter set."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.revolt.tv/platform/amp/2019/10/13/20912582/lauryn-hill-new-single

:gorlonfire: :uhh:
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Ma Lo

We know the music will be amazing but where is SHE .. Its like she's been missing since Miseducation.

Kaeli.

i'm sure it'll be an ugly sped up mess like how she performs her songs/ consumerism.