Official Billboard Awards Thread - Brandy Medley including songs from b7

Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, October 14, 2020, 06:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Guys, we were supposed to discuss all the mess in here. All we've talked about is Brandy :omf:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Ma Lo

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: bby ddy on October 15, 2020, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: Desilu on October 15, 2020, 05:07:22 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 15, 2020, 04:52:47 PM
Though this commitment to the mental institution/straight jacket/crazy gorl! aesthetic is ignorant and corny af and I blame Frank GAYson.

:hmph:

Brandy keeps him employed.

Unfortunately.

They need to part ways. Soon.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem very likely. Unless, you know, something were to happen to him- accidentally

Bruce

Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 04:00:31 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 15, 2020, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on October 15, 2020, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:08:24 PM
Did she lip synch the first two songs?
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

It%u2019s still her voice tho so I%u2019m not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
We%u2019ve all heard her sing live and she still shits.
Monica sounds awful in the studio and live.
Brandy would never.

Yeah but I think it's really hard to go all the way up and suspend disbelief when the sync is so obviously off. I personally don't mind her lip syncing if the pre-record is on point and she's able to match the cues. Otherwise it looks sloppy and unprofessional. And for borderline of this performance even though the vocal pre-record sounded good her sync was very off. that doesn't bother some people and others it does and I think both are fine.

I could see if we talking about somebody like JLo who has copied and pasted other people's voices to claim as their own, but we're not :dead:
Bran literally sang live in the same exact performance and SMASHED, so I'm not sure why this is even a discussion  :plzstop:

I think you answered the reason why its such a mystery to us. Because we KNOW that Brandy can slay anything she wants. Why does one of the best vocalist of a generation has SO many lip synched performances? When I think about the regard that we and others have for Brandy as a vocalist, she's grouped with Fantasia, Jazmine, Keke, and other greats. And quite frankly they would never get up there and lip synch.

Kalifornia.

Ok Doja. The performer stepped owt. 

All these new girls are slaying Nicki on stage. 

Le Champ

Quote from: Bruce on October 16, 2020, 12:06:54 AM
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

It%u2019s still her voice tho so I%u2019m not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
Brandy would never.

Yeah but I think it's really hard to go all the way up and suspend disbelief when the sync is so obviously off. I personally don't mind her lip syncing if the pre-record is on point and she's able to match the cues. Otherwise it looks sloppy and unprofessional. And for borderline of this performance even though the vocal pre-record sounded good her sync was very off. that doesn't bother some people and others it does and I think both are fine.

I could see if we talking about somebody like JLo who has copied and pasted other people's voices to claim as their own, but we're not :dead:
Bran literally sang live in the same exact performance and SMASHED, so I'm not sure why this is even a discussion  :plzstop:

I think you answered the reason why its such a mystery to us. Because we KNOW that Brandy can slay anything she wants. Why does one of the best vocalist of a generation has SO many lip synched performances? When I think about the regard that we and others have for Brandy as a vocalist, she's grouped with Fantasia, Jazmine, Keke, and other greats. And quite frankly they would never get up there and lip synch.

No shade to Bran, but her voice is way more fragile than any of those people. Her skill is incomparable, but she has a fragile voice. I also don't mind it because she's probably gonna slay for the rest of her life because she preserves her gift. I honestly think that's why she's still able to give us baby Bran and her other 30 tones whenever she pleases.

Bish

Quote from: Lee on October 16, 2020, 12:27:41 AM
Did Monica?

Brandy would never.

No shade to Bran, but her voice is way more fragile than any of those people. Her skill is incomparable, but she has a fragile voice. I also don't mind it because she's probably gonna slay for the rest of her life because she preserves her gift. I honestly think that's why she's still able to give us baby Bran and her other 30 tones whenever she pleases.
I disagree with this because Brandy has never been a touring artist so it's not like her voice has been under a lot of strain and pressure throughout her career. I can't make excuses for the lip syncing, sorry.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lee on October 16, 2020, 12:27:41 AM
Did Monica?

Brandy would never.

This is it EXACTLY! I was just telling someone that I love that she has all these colors to her voice in her arsenal.  I was listening to lullaby and I think her singing that way is so gorgeous but I also love the occasional freedom rings tone. Keep preserving ur mess B
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Micheal Watson

it wouldn't have made sense if brandy gave CUNT during this performance

Although

They coulda made it a bit more sexy crazy vixen looking

Idk.

Also, the borderline live production should have kept the iconic organ bg, it would have piqued more interest I believe. As it was, it wasn't compelling enough to generate a buzz

DrewBabyLove

Did Monica?

Brandy would never.

NONE of those singers you named are giving a 1 count, let alone a 8-count routine, or in this case, getting down on the floor and giving performance act while singing.

With that said, her backing tracks and and syncing has room for improvement to give a better "live" feel

RAY7

Did Monica?

Brandy would never.

It is what it is at this point and it aint changing, and all those ppl shes grouped with Fantasia, Jazmine and Keke highly respect and praise her vocally lip sync and all
:letsmessfag:

RAY7

and on Verzuz when Bran asked Mon to sing a capella with her, Mon was SHOOK
so there's that

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: J loves Brandy on October 14, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
She did good overall. Disappointed in the beginning of boderline. I wish she would have saved the theatrics and just sung the damn song. When she finally got up off the floor, boderline sounded amazing. Ugh wish she would have just sit there with a mic and band. Her voice is too big and amazing to NOT be the forefront of a performance.

Loved no tomorrow. It sounds amazing live. I see it doing big things. I think her vocals were live here?

Omg ADC was the highlight because she stood there and used her voice. It was amazing!!! She ate on this song!!! And it was live.

The outfit looked a mess. Loved the top but hated the bottom. She should have showed some leg and had on heels. Overall very good performance. Definitely the best tonight.

She barely sung nt
She acts like she was brought out as the hook girl to tys song

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

RAY7

liar, she sang all the way through No Tomorrow even was al-libbing through his verse