Official Billboard Awards Thread - Brandy Medley including songs from b7

Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, October 14, 2020, 06:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

The Ava Max sweet but psycho song was a pretty big hit. I thought the use of padded rooms and mess was antiquated?  Is it different because it's pink and pretty?

Annie did u look up the comments on this too?
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Bigmacthawoppa

Nobody on here stans Ava Max  :dead:

And yes, this is messy and antiquated.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:26:49 PM
The Ava Max sweet but psycho song was a pretty big hit. I thought the use of padded rooms and mess was antiquated?  Is it different because it's pink and pretty?

mmxmdnndndnn

My fckn mess
:receipts:

Rxxf

BRANDY

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: TinaSnow on October 18, 2020, 12:28:43 PM

mmxmdnndndnn

My fckn mess

:dead: :dead:

Annie

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 11:34:14 AM
I agree I don't think it was intentionally disrespectful (Brandy's not like that, she's a kind person). Honestly, I think if she had a creative director who wasn't ANCIENT and more with the times then this concept would have been approached with more tact and nuance.

This!

/.\

Annie

Quote from: TinaSnow on October 18, 2020, 12:28:43 PM

mmxmdnndndnn

My fckn mess

That song was mentioned in the reddit too as problematic
Don't know her

/.\

Bigmacthawoppa

And this "it's ok b/c white people do it" logic is troubling but whatever makes you feel validated.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:28:10 PM

This aint about stanning, idiot.  This is about imagery, fckn dummy.  Its been used then AND now and is still very much relevant and still associated with the "CRAZY" narrative. Brandy is telling her story like everyone else

Annie

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:18:23 PM
Like let's go thru the history books of artists that have used that kinda imagery and I've never heard this bullshit.  I'll start. Was there backlash here?
Annie where are the comments on this

I hate white people. THERE! I said it smh
We are talking 2020
Looking back that was a mess
But I just told you there is a difference sometimes..it all depends on the context. It depends on the music too.

I don't get why we can't just discuss these things. Are we twelve?

/.\

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 18, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 18, 2020, 12:28:10 PM

This aint about stanning, idiot.  This is about imagery, fckn dummy.  Its been used then AND now and is still very much relevant and still associated with the "CRAZY" narrative. Brandy is telling her story like everyone else

That doesn't make it right. Don't know how else to say it in a way that you'll understand.

Annie

I just saw the reddit and thought about how are other people than the fanbase responding. It is not like I'm making it up. But we can only post propaganda here I guess. It doesn't have to be an intense discussion. It's just an observation. Not like we are trying to cancel Bran, no hate over here. :omgwatshappening:

/.\

Cowgirl

Quote from: Annie on October 18, 2020, 12:34:15 PM
Like let's go thru the history books of artists that have used that kinda imagery and I've never heard this bullshit.  I'll start. Was there backlash here?

We are talking 2020
But I just told you there is a difference sometimes..it all depends on the context. It depends on the music too.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Annie on October 18, 2020, 12:34:15 PM

We are talking 2020

Right? The name-calling and hissy fits are so unnecessary. It's a child having a tantrum b/c it can't handle anything outside of its own worldview.